Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DS Lite

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7219-3868-1848-6260
    When were they released in Japan? Do they have an hands-on impression article about the DS Lite? Im really looking forward to the release, just want to make sure its not something I dont want.

Member #
    Friends
    released in japan march 2

here are three articles, pretty much the same content but three takes are better confirmation than one i think.

here is a good hardware hands on: article

a bit more on the hardware, this time including some about the controls: article

another good one: article

Member #
    Friends
    A bit old, but still kinda cool.

Nintendo DS Lite Outsells PSP and PS2 Combined in Japan
    by GamePro Staff | 04/07/2006 | 15:00:54 PM PST

Nintendo's latest handheld system sells phenominal numbers in Japan

According to Japanese newspaper Mainichi, the DS Lite outsold the PSP and the PS2 combined in the month of March in Japan.

The Enterbrain figures show some interesting facets of the Japanese gaming industry. While the DS Lite sold 380,000 units in March, the original DS Lite weighed in with a robust 180,000 units sold. These figures are all the more impressive when you consider that Nintendo has struggled to keep both systems on store shelves. Without the shortages, these DS sales would be significantly higher.

Combined, the DS sales top out at over 560,000 units in Japan for the month of March alone.

In comparison, the PSP sold 150,000 units and the PS2 sold 140,000 units -- a total of 290,000 units, or just over half the number of units sold by the DS systems.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Panda
    A guy called Cabel made some video comparison reviews of the DS Lite:

Part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xp7Be1qsblI
    Part 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eC-3HoPOD9I
    Part 3: http://youtube.com/watch?v=HzXQICqsa5I

Cabel's videos are quite amusing, great reviews ^_^
    Funny videos. The third one was godly hilarious..

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by tuned
    I'm happy with my current DS (which I bought a couple weeks ago to replace my psp) but these features should have come with the original, it's too bad Nintendo had to come short on the original. Ah well, I do have the extended warranty on the system through FutureScrap so if I have any problems I can always upgrade.
    its not that the ds isnt already the best system...but its just the simple fact that nintendo listens to its consumers and patched it up for people...i duno where they got the design but it looks like some apple work..

i have a theory...if nintendo doesnt take consoles the box will...if they box takes consoles sony and nintendo will team up (im sure neither are dumb enough to partner with someone like bill gates rofl..) and they will come out with some super guru stuff...i think this is more of a fantasy than anything but yea...just think of the great handhelds and console and how much faster theyll produce than microsoft....and..just the game merges...tomb raider on a nintendo....way cool. they could call it.....'nintendo and sony presents........syn'

Member #
    Friends
    i think i willjust stick with my normal NDS since it is pretty much the same

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by phimuajedi69
    sorry, couldn't find a good one yesterday, here is a simple one that shows the new look, i'll see if i can find some size comparisons. it is supposed to launch in the us in white only (just like japan) with the other two colors (light and dark blue) coming soon thereafter.

Edit: Just found news that a black version has been announced for japan, can't find any good pics yet though

the fourth picture is another nice innovation, its a plug for the gba slot so its not open collecting dust if there is not a game in there, it can be seen in place in the side shots.

the last one reminded me of a couple other things they fixed:
    1. the volume slider is supposed to work better now (if you have the original you know what i'm talking about, i could only get about three volume levels out of it: off, too quiet to hear, and loud)
    2. the power button is now on the side(see next post for pic) and doesn't turn the unit off at the slightest touch (had that problem a couple times too when my thumb slipped past the d-pad)
    I think I will stick to my regular one, that one looks a bit dainty for my man-hands

Member #
    Friends
    I think I will stick to my regular one, that one looks a bit dainty for my man-hands
    to each his own! though the hands on thing that is quoted everywhere on the web from some guy who work for a company that designs peripheral (specifically in his case, screen protectors) says the system feels 'solid' and it was a non working shell....so i don't think this system is going to really be that dainty.

Member #
    Friends
    just read a article that says its only gonna b 100 and will b avaible in black and white (the europer atleast)

Member #
    Friends
    can you point us to this article?

Ads