LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Is there a way I can put pictures/videos/mp3's on my DS?

ok I've seen those card things you can get that allow you to download games, (illegally I assume) and I'm not interested in that, but can you get things like that which allow to do the things I listed? If so is there a risk in doing so?

Just wondering.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4517-4282-6127-7262
    The same company that sells Action Replay also sells 'Media Players' for Nintendo DSs. They can be found at most gaming stores, I see them at Game Crazy (Hollywood Video) often. I don't consider the games downloaded illegally since you have to download them at the code junkies web site. As for videos, the media player plays MP3 music and DMV (or something like that) videos, the program is included with the 'Media Player'.

It's a decent system, but the only disappointment is that the Micro SD Card included is only 128 MB (in my version anyways). I believe most Micro SD Cards that are 2 GB and under will work.

Of course by downloading games you probably mean games that are not normally made for the Nintendo DS, for those games I can't say I have much knowledge on that.
    Last edited by Aerosive; 11-12-2007 at 02:29 PM.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    You can with them as well (or so im told)

But they have there upsides mainly homebrew (fan made)games.

The only downside with the ones ive used is that it needs to convert the files to ones that the GB can recognise and that can take time

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...en-70-xfn.html
    Heres one

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerosive
    The same company that sells Action Replay also sells 'Media Players' for Nintendo DSs. They can be found at most gaming stores, I see them at Game Crazy (Hollywood Video) often. I don't consider the games downloaded illegally since you have to download them at the code junkies web site. As for videos, the media player plays MP3 music and DMV (or something like that) videos, the program is included with the 'Media Player'.

It's a decent system, but the only disappointment is that the Micro SD Card included is only 128 MB (in my version anyways). I believe most Micro SD Cards that are 2 GB and under will work.

Of course by downloading games you probably mean games that are not normally made for the Nintendo DS, for those games I can't say I have much knowledge on that.
    hmm that seems cool, but you have to buy it and a micro sd card, kinda aspensive.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii

Member #
    Friends
    2095-4618-4329-6127
    Yes you can! It is a little item called the R4 (Revolution 4) for the DS. This little item lets you play DS Roms, mp3, avi, ebook, pictures, etc all on your DS. It is a very simple thing to use too.

http://www.r4ds.com/r4.htm

I love this little thing. As for where you can get the ROMs...PM me and I will let you know. You might want to do it before someone shuts down this thread because of "illegall" actions. I hate that shit.
    ~Jinn Kawabata
    CFO and Public Relations of Uruhara Cosplay

Member #
    Friends
    Well he said he doesn't want to do anything illegal, so with the R4DS you are allowed to put your own pictures, videos (need to be converted to dpg format to work) and mp3s. It is illegal to download roms and put them on (although I'm not saying you shouldn't if you want to) but I'm pretty sure if you use a wireless connection to send the rom from your own game carts to your computer then putting them on your R4 is legal.

You might not like the picture viewer though, it's pretty crap.

Also for a list of accessories for the DS go here: Nintendo DS Accessories

There is an official First Party MP3 player.

The R4 does normally come with a Micro SD upon purchase and usually you wanna get one that's 2GB (atm it doesn't support anything higher). I bought mine with a 2GB card for the same price as your average game.
    Last edited by massi4h; 11-12-2007 at 04:48 PM.
    Tetris DS- 873843 320232
    Pokemon Pearl- 2148 4722 0731
    PM me if you add me in either.

If you need any help on playing either of these two games competitively just drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do. I'll rate your team for you as well (not Tetris lol), but make sure it has EVs, natures, items and descriptions.
    I'll also help with almost any other DS game including MKDS, DKRDS, MPH, CoD4MW, EBA. Note: I say competitive alot and I like to win lol.

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends

I've got this. Does exactly what it says on the tin box.

Just need to buy an SD card to go with it. I had it for about £30-40ish, but that was in the January sales so it might usually be more expensive, but then again this was a while a go.

Member #
    Friends
    hmm. . . official mp3 player not released in u.s. 20 pounds. . . .

you can't have playlists and it has hardly any memory though. . .

nah don't think any of these options are worth while, I might consider the mp3 thing when it cames to the u.s.

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    Just buy a flashcart, Something like the R4. It will play movies and Mp3's and also allow you to play backed up games and emulators.
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Member #
    Friends
    3986-3356-9082-8504
    You might wanna just get the R4 so that you can play your music and videos. Everyone with a DS in my high school uses an R4 except for me and my friend (We both use our DS phats).

-=Join the Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-

Ads