Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Billy Talent is awesomest zurukea's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Psp or Ds, Need help FAST

Ok, so Christmas is around the corner and I want a portable gaming system. First thought was the Ds but with the release of the new PSp Slim im having second thoughts. Most of my friends have a DS so thats add to that. I am going to do a bit of homebrew so that might add to the PSP for its Memory Stick. I love both MArio Kart and GTA so That dosn't help. The DS has longer battery time but the PSP also plays movies and Music. I just need some seggestions from people who have had or have both

Thanks a Million, Zurukea
    Add me on Animal Crossing City Folk! = D

Name: Brandon
    Town: Smiley
    AC:CF Friend Code: 0001-8968-6109

I'm slowly but surely working on building the Perfect town, I would appreciate it if you could give me any spare flowers you have, Just leave them anywhere = D

Member #
    Friends
    Well, lets see if i can help you out here. i own both a psp and a ds. i just got the ds and am putting some major hours into it. Lately i have been spending a lot of my time on my ds playing zelda phantom hourglass. if you are wanting something that has nicer graphics and more mature games, then the psp is the way to go. Especially if you are planning on putting a good portion of media on it. There are a few good games out there that make the psp worth owning as well. however, for the ds, with the games that i have seen/played, you definatly have some fun titles out there. imo, ds games have a lot more playability. another thing to take into consideration is the stylus. if you know that a stylus would be annoying, that dont even boother with the ds. but like i said, if you are looking for something that looks good graphic wise w/ media playback and more mature (and not to mention, a large selection of games). then i'd say go for the psp.
    So far i have: 2 Wiimotes, 2 Nunchucks Zelda TP, Wii Play, Wii Sports, RE4 (Wii & GC), Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, Super Monkey Ball Bananna Blitz, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Prince of Persia Rival Swords, Far Cry Vegeance, Guitar Hero 3, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Dragon Blade, DDR Hottest Party, Link's Crossbow Training Eternal Darnkess (GC), Metroid Prime (GC). Zelda 64(VC)Mario 64 (VC) Zelda(VC) Zelda II (VC) Gunstar Heros (VC).

Member #
    Friends
    6089-6603-3065-9651
    i have both. games on ds get a bit boring.... bad graphics.... fun nonetheless.. but i say go w/ the new PSP

Member #
    Friends
    DS = Games
    PSP = Full Media Just like an Ipod (With less memory)
    KryKidd

Member #
    Friends
    DS

If anything get it for the humungo library of games.

If you really want lots of multimedia functions go with the psp though. It really depends what you are looking for.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    DS-Pros
    Great Games
    Durable System
    Long Battery Life
    Innovative Gameplay
    Wii-Conectivity (Especially once the demo channel comes out here)

PSP-Pros
    Higher resolution graphics
    Wide-screen
    Multi-Media
    Full movies and Series

DS-Cons
    Media only through third party add-ons

PSP-Cons
    Long Load Times
    Scratches when you breath on it
    UMD movies almost exclusively Sony properties (limited selection)
    That button that doesn't work as a design feature
    Short battery life (Original, like 5hrs video or 3hrs gaming)

DS $130
    PSP $170
    Pokemon Diamond: Name:Sif FC:3952 3555 4891

Now Trading 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen starters, Phione, Rotom, Porygon, Dratini, Kecleon, Feebas, Castform, Tyrogue, and anything else I can breed.

Member #
    Friends
    This may help you a little, I'm planning on doing a little bit of homebrew. WIth the PSP because of the memoery stick homebrew is easy. With the DS you need GAmes N Music. All my friends got a DS and I love Mario Kart. Im drifting back to the DS. One thing is, This sound sorta cheap, but I could get one for Christmas and get the other late spring early summer. Acutally maybe I'll go DS again. I don't know, i'll talk to my friends tomorrow and go to the mall saturday, and update you on Sunday lolz

I'm slowly but surely working on building the Perfect town, I would appreciate it if you could give me any spare flowers you have, Just leave them anywhere = D

Member #
    Friends
    I got a DS and I'm happy with it, but I am now considering getting a PSP. It seems to me that there are still more good games on the DS though overall, so I personally recommend DS. Plus it can play advance games.

\/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    i have a ds with all the games listed in my signature. i love it. i also had to choose, and i went with the ds and do not regret it a bit. i have an 80gb ipod so media was not an issue for me.

however, the ds is capable of almost everything that the psp is capable with 3rd party add on memory and such. you can play music, movies, pics, and homebrews on it. i like to buy my games myself, but for those who dont you can def use homebrew on it.

plus in my opinion the games and the touch screen own the psp. phantom hourglass was amazing and truly innovative. plus there are tons more great titles to choose from.

good luck with your choice.
    \/\/ho's Got

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

Member #
    Friends
    Well, Last night I was thinking about some ideas. The I got this, What IF I got the PSP for Christmas and then used all the Money From People to buy a Ds, Id have both then =) Can anyone see that being a good or bad IDea?

Ads