Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

~Advance Wars: Days of Ruin~ thread

I can't wait for this game! Anyway here is some stuff about it:

Story: Meteors hit the earth and turn it into a wasteland, 90% of the population is killed, people start killing each for supplies. (It's a strategy game if you don't know)

Online: The game will feature online battles via Nintendo Wi-Fi thingamagig. It will also support voice chat, but only to people you exchanged friend codes with. You can also upload your maps (created with the map maker thingy) and download other ppl's maps.

Stuff: I assume the game will have the usual campaign mode with a bunch of missions, and a butt load of maps playable against coms and friends like the last game.

One difference in the game besides the online is the developers are trying to make it more stylus friendly, In Advance Wars Dual Strike you could either use the d-pad of stylus, but the stylus control didn't work that great. There will also be a couple more units like motorcyles and a flare truck (for foggy maps).

As far as I know that is all that been released about the game. It comes out on Jan. 21 2008.

ooooh, looky.

VIDS, Well it seems not all the maps are wastelands, thats good.
    http://media.ds.ign.com/media/949/949669/vids_1.html
    Last edited by JAKE196; 12-19-2007 at 05:14 PM.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    I played the first one for gba on my friends ds. It was pretty fun. Anyone know if the wii one is good.

Member #
    Friends
    Just got back into AWDS after not playing it for about 2 years. It's such a good game, but it gets frustrating sometimes, when I just wanna win but I can't.

Really looking forward to AWDS2, thanks for the info.
    Tetris DS- 873843 320232
    Pokemon Pearl- 2148 4722 0731
    PM me if you add me in either.

If you need any help on playing either of these two games competitively just drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do. I'll rate your team for you as well (not Tetris lol), but make sure it has EVs, natures, items and descriptions.
    I'll also help with almost any other DS game including MKDS, DKRDS, MPH, CoD4MW, EBA. Note: I say competitive alot and I like to win lol.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by elmo_999
    I played the first one for gba on my friends ds. It was pretty fun. Anyone know if the wii one is good.
    There isn't a Wii version, but Battalion Wars was inspired by the series. (or something like that)

I personally don't like the BW series that much.

massi4h, are you on normal or hard mode?

Normal seemed pretty hard at the time but it's nothing compared to hard mode. I got really far but never completely beat it.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii

Member #
    Friends
    I'm playing on normal atm. When I used to play a couple years ago, I did clock it on hard campaign and I did unlock everything, including von bolt or whatever his name is. I also had two rank 100s and the rest were all over 10, some were around the 50s. I was so hard-out back then.

I'm struggling to beat Grimm / Sensei atm lol. So currently I'm just trying to get all my medals for Combat as that seems to be the only thing I'm finding easy.
    Tetris DS- 873843 320232
    Pokemon Pearl- 2148 4722 0731
    PM me if you add me in either.

If you need any help on playing either of these two games competitively just drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do. I'll rate your team for you as well (not Tetris lol), but make sure it has EVs, natures, items and descriptions.
    I'll also help with almost any other DS game including MKDS, DKRDS, MPH, CoD4MW, EBA. Note: I say competitive alot and I like to win lol.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by massi4h
    I'm playing on normal atm. When I used to play a couple years ago, I did clock it on hard campaign and I did unlock everything, including von bolt or whatever his name is. I also had two rank 100s and the rest were all over 10, some were around the 50s. I was so hard-out back then.

I'm struggling to beat Grimm / Sensei atm lol. So currently I'm just trying to get all my medals for Combat as that seems to be the only thing I'm finding easy.
    Yeah, It's one of those games were when you put it down for a while you aren't that good at it when you pick it up again.

I really should beat hard mode. . . but it's so hard. . . and I'm a little lazy.

Put like 200 hours in that game, ranked up all the co's I used.

Member #
    Friends
    Boxart released.

wow thats a pretty sweet box art.

Member #
    Friends
    4910-3433-7867-8297
    looks good
    Wii Owner: Zelda TP: Monster 4x4: Excite Truck: Red Steel: Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam: Wii Sports: MP 3 Corruption: Guitar Hero 3: Medal Of Honor Heroes 2: Super Mario Galaxy: Resident Evil 4

DS Lite Zelda Special Edition Owner: LOZ: PH, MKDS, Rayman, The Urbz: Sims, Nintendogs, Pac'N Roll, Pokemon D, Pokemon MD, Mario & Luigi Partners In Time, Yu-Gi-Oh NT, DBZ:SW2, CRA

GBA Games: Tron 2.0 Killer App, Pokemon Fire Red, Emerald, and Sapphire.

residentevilnews.com

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    I played the Advance Wars series on the GBA a long time ago. It was a pretty fun series. It's also very similar to Battalion Wars.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    wow ppl actually posted in my thread lol.

The series is way better than Battalion Wars imo.

Ads