LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Best current DS game that DOESN'T use much bottom screen?

It seems lately that every DS game is using the bottom screen (which makes sense since... that's what the DS is for :P), but since I cracked my bottom screen, I have about 2/3 of it covered with dead pixels. I'm going to be borrowing my friend's DS sometime this week, but for now does anyone know of any good recent games out that don't use MUCH bottom screen (touch-wise I guess is ok, but not if you need to see everything on it). I tried COD4, and it was all great, until I had to connect circuit boards using the stylus.

MOH:H2 Persona: KCBlack
    If anyone wants to play (total nub btw lol), just IM me and we can set something up.

Member #
    Friends
    *Bump*

If anyone wants to play (total nub btw lol), just IM me and we can set something up.

Member #
    Friends
    Well if you get games that only use it for aiming and stuff you'd be OK. Like Metroid Prime Hunters, Call of Duty 4 and Geometry Wars. For Metroid, you'd need to see the top right of the bottom screen for weapon changing although you could roughly guess as there are only 3 slots; and for CoD4, you'd need to see the left side, but once again there are only 3 slots.

Also just occured to me that Mario Kart DS and Diddy Kong Racing DS only use the touch screen for the map (I'm not 100% sure on Diddy Kong) so you could play those fine, you just won't see shells coming at you and stuff [MKDS].

Problem is, most games that don't even use the touch screen capabilities like Tetris DS still use it for the main playing and then others like Advance Wars work better with the pad but since you can use the stylus which mens they put it on the touch screen. GBA games can be played on the top screen for all that matters.
    Tetris DS- 873843 320232
    Pokemon Pearl- 2148 4722 0731
    PM me if you add me in either.

If you need any help on playing either of these two games competitively just drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do. I'll rate your team for you as well (not Tetris lol), but make sure it has EVs, natures, items and descriptions.
    I'll also help with almost any other DS game including MKDS, DKRDS, MPH, CoD4MW, EBA. Note: I say competitive alot and I like to win lol.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by massi4h
    Well if you get games that only use it for aiming and stuff you'd be OK. Like Metroid Prime Hunters, Call of Duty 4 and Geometry Wars. For Metroid, you'd need to see the top right of the bottom screen for weapon changing although you could roughly guess as there are only 3 slots; and for CoD4, you'd need to see the left side, but once again there are only 3 slots.

Also just occured to me that Mario Kart DS and Diddy Kong Racing DS only use the touch screen for the map (I'm not 100% sure on Diddy Kong) so you could play those fine, you just won't see shells coming at you and stuff [MKDS].

Problem is, most games that don't even use the touch screen capabilities like Tetris DS still use it for the main playing and then others like Advance Wars work better with the pad but since you can use the stylus which mens they put it on the touch screen. GBA games can be played on the top screen for all that matters.
    Thanks for actually replying. Yeah, Call of Duty 4 would work other than sections that use touch like mini-games. And I guess I could go back to MKDS for a few days. Just have this sudden urge to play and probably won't get to borrow my friend's DS for like 5-7 days. Thanks for the suggestions.

Member #
    Friends
    Welcome, lol I didn't read your whole post where you mentioned the thing about Call of Duty. Yeah you completely get that problem and if you've got no-one to play the game is only single player which can get quite boring.

Just looked through all my games and I couldn't find another one that doesn't need the touch screen other than little games like Space Invaders Revolution and Bust a Move. Pokemon DP will work outside of battles, in battles you'll have to know what moves you have so you can pick them as that uses the touch screen.
    Tetris DS- 873843 320232
    Pokemon Pearl- 2148 4722 0731
    PM me if you add me in either.

If you need any help on playing either of these two games competitively just drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do. I'll rate your team for you as well (not Tetris lol), but make sure it has EVs, natures, items and descriptions.
    I'll also help with almost any other DS game including MKDS, DKRDS, MPH, CoD4MW, EBA. Note: I say competitive alot and I like to win lol.

Member #
    Friends
    I should go back to playing Pokemon too. That worked well. Thanks.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    PKMN you wont see you're Poketch and you're battle moves.
    SOLUTION: NEW DS
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.

We remain unwritten through history
    no x will mark us on the map
    but in books of pros and poetry
    you loved me once in a paragraph.

SteamID: WaywardWaterGod

For any Pokemon games, PM me.

Member #
    Friends
    5947-9433-5484-3177
    pokemons bottom screen isnt that iportant but without it you cant make poffins

Member #
    Friends
    6390-2874-0535-4544
    You need to call Nintendo and get your DS repaired.

There isn't a DS game that doesn't use the touch screen.
    It's kind of the whole point.

Well do you?

Member #
    Friends
    Ok, thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I'll just have to get it repaired, because my friend's only giving me his DS temporarily. XP Think its $75USD... why couldn't it have broke DURING my warranty?? XO

Ads