Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    Quote Originally Posted by samXcor3
    oh yeah shut down piracy sites for giving out free music which costs too much, or tv series that tv companies wont release on dvd? 95%? i would go so far as to say 35% of DS owners have the know how to install the thing and 25% actually do, although its prbably much lower. 95% is b/s.b/c that would mean 95% have the knowledge and know how to even know that the DS can play those carts. wrong.
    almost everyone where i live, has a r4ds. i actually for one believe this estimate. i also think its lower. maybe around 65%.

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Quote Originally Posted by thas
    almost everyone where i live, has a r4ds. i actually for one believe this estimate. i also think its lower. maybe around 65%.
    Sorry, dude, but this article is bias. I'm 100% sure that only a small percentage of people even know about an R4DS, and even a lower number of people even having one (I'm guessing 3-5%). Majority of DS owners are under the age of 16, the only access they have to getting one, is by the parent. If you really believe 7.5-10 million are using a R4DS, then I have no clue what's going through your mind. If 65% of people use the R4DS, Nintendo would take immediate action and create a whole new DS. There not numb-headed enough to not do so.

-Person must find out about it
    -Person must be able to buy it
    -Person must be able to know how to use the thing
    -Person must be able to invest $60-$100 on the hardware
    -Person must be interested in the product

Most DS owners don't even know the R4DS exists.
    Last edited by RivalDestiny; 01-31-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Member #
    Friends
    ELSPA have got to be bulls**ting. 90% of American DS owners probably don't know what R4 means.
    Last edited by Napalmbrain; 01-31-2008 at 06:22 PM.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    ^ actually its called the ESA.

@RivalDestiny
    first of all i dont think the entertainment software association is biased. its stupid to say that they are. nintendo has taken action against this by creating a protection file in the game called the arm7. nintendo would never make another ds just because 65% of americans used the r4ds. it would make the other percent mad and it would criple the market.

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    There is no way that 90% of DS owners in the USA have a R4DS. LOL bullshit

I bet the number is less than 10%

also where do you find this crap? WTF
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Wii_Tard
    There is no way that 90% of DS owners in the USA have a R4DS. LOL bullshit

I bet the number is less than 10%

also where do you find this crap? WTF
    ive even said myself that i dont believe its 90%. that is just the ESA's estimate. id say its 65% at most from what ive seen. this crap can be found in many malls. when i was part of the nintendo official Nsider forum, someone told me that they bought it at bestbuy. you know that company called Datel that made that mii to computer program and the 3rd party lan adpater for the wii, well they are the ones that made the r4ds.

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    ive even said myself that i dont believe its 90%. that is just the ESA's estimate. id say its 65% at most from what ive seen. this crap can be found in many malls. when i was part of the nintendo official Nsider forum, someone told me that they bought it at bestbuy. you know that company called Datel that made that mii to computer program and the 3rd party lan adpater for the wii, well they are the ones that made the r4ds.
    There is no way that a R4DS has ever been purchased at a BEST BUY keep dreaming my friend. 65% WTF are you smoking? you seriously think that if you asked 100 people who owned a Nintendo DS 65 out of the 100 would own a R4DS or R3? LOL LOL LOL you are a comedian aren't you?
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Wii_Tard
    There is no way that a R4DS has ever been purchased at a BEST BUY keep dreaming my friend. 65% WTF are you smoking? you seriously think that if you asked 100 people who owned a Nintendo DS 65 out of the 100 would own a R4DS or R3? LOL LOL LOL you are a comedian aren't you?
    where i live, if you ask 100 people if they use an r4 or m3 98 will say yes. i said at most 65%. im trying to be more realistic than 90% but this is the ESA we are talking about not some small anlyst we are talking about here. im pretty sure that the ESA is not pulling number out of no where. these numbers must come from some sort of research that the ESA has conducted.

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    where i live, if you ask 100 people if they use an r4 or m3 98 will say yes. i said at most 65%.

there is no way you know or could ask 98 people who owned an R4DS or R3 let alone get 98% out of 100 give it a break man.

im trying to be more realistic than 90% but this is the ESA we are talking about not some small anlyst we are talking about here. im pretty sure that the ESA is not pulling number out of no where. these numbers must come from some sort of research that the ESA has conducted.

and from an earlier post by you..

first of all its a belief. and second of all its a belief of the ESA. the feaken ESA. they make ani piracy programs for every type of software and they even close down piracy websites. they are like overlords. trust me if you knew about them like i did, you wouldn't doubt their beliefs.

Did you just flip flop? STFU man you question every reply in here if they do not agree with you!
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    ESA, FCC, CIA, FBI, Terrorist, Fast Food, ESRB, Tobacco Industry, Biased Media.

These are all things that rule the world and are all corrupt and I hope they all burn in hell.

As for the article. Bias. I'm on the cutting edge of game news and have never heard of this chip, heard of and own moonshell, but not this. Nobody in my school and tech class has heard of this chip. I know one kid who pirates DS games and he does it in Hong Kong.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Ads