Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The DSI XL!

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

The DSI XL!

Read the article for more info.
    If you love playing portable games but are currently using a magnifing glass to read this article, then the Nintendo DSI XL may be for you! The latest iteration of Nintendo's venerable handheld just hit stores in Japan, the DSI XL is significantly larger than the standard DS. Most of that extra girth is the result of 4.2 screens-a whopping 93% increase over the existing model (though its important to note that the screen resolution remains unchanged). The new unit also boasts improved battery life, adding about an extra hour on the brightest setting. The Japanese hardware comes with a larger touch pen (in addition to the standard stylus), as well as a number of pre-loaded software applications: the Nintendo DSI browser, Flip note studio, and both DSIWare installments of Brain Age. Specifics regarding the system's North America release have yet to be announced, other than that it will hit here sometime in the first quarter of 2010.

Post your comments here.
    Last edited by Booo67; 10-07-2010 at 06:28 PM.
    You are a White Yoshi.

TJ is a Magikarp named Kip and is being lashed with sauerkraut by his evil grampa. Then he turned into a chicken and we are trying to save him with cookies with special sprinkles and a rainbow Rapidash from the lumpish sewer under the KFC before he is deep-fried.

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    yeah i heard of this a few months ago, then went it released in japan i'm not intrested in that as i have the dsi already

Member #
    Friends
    1923-6615-4080-7852
    Quote Originally Posted by Booo67 View Post
    A new DSI is upon us, read the article for more info.
    If you love playing portable games but are currently using a magnifing glass to read this article, then the Nintendo DSI XL may be for you! The latest iteration of Nintendo's venerable handheld just hit stores in Japan, the DSI XL is significantly larger than the standard DS. Most of that extra girth is the result of 4.2 screens-a whopping 93% increase over the existing model (though its important to note that the screen resolution remains unchanged). The new unit also boasts improved battery life, adding about an extra hour on the brightest setting. The Japanese hardware comes with a larger touch pen (in addition to the standard stylus), as well as a number of pre-loaded software applications: the Nintendo DSI browser, Flip note studio, and both DSIWare installments of Brain Age. Specifics regarding the system's North America release have yet to be announced, other than that it will hit here sometime in the first quarter of 2010.

Post your comments here.
    OMG!!! HOW MANY MORE!? Thank god i didnt get my liltle cousin a dsi for christmas..also it says LL on the box, but you said XL...hm...

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by DG~X View Post
    OMG!!! HOW MANY MORE!? Thank god i didnt get my liltle cousin a dsi for christmas..also it says LL on the box, but you said XL...hm...
    I saw that too and I also don't understand it, my guess is that its Japanese. I know that I didn't make an error because it says XL in the magazine that I looked at.
    Last edited by Booo67; 02-21-2010 at 07:02 PM.
    You are a White Yoshi.

TJ is a Magikarp named Kip and is being lashed with sauerkraut by his evil grampa. Then he turned into a chicken and we are trying to save him with cookies with special sprinkles and a rainbow Rapidash from the lumpish sewer under the KFC before he is deep-fried.

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Quote Originally Posted by Booo67 View Post
    I saw that too and I also don't understand it, my guess is that its Japanese. I know that I didn't make an error because it says XL in the magazine that I looked at.
    Double large perhaps?

Anyways, NOW I want a DSi. I didn't before because I saw it as being pointless. But once this bad boy comes out I'll be good to go with my monstrous hands. Cuz I still have the DSPhat, but it's so hard to find stuff for it.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    i wanted it at first but the fact that it will be considerbly blocky is just horrible to me

Member #
    Friends
    OMG!!! HOW MANY MORE!?
    I heard that. Can we just enjoy the rig we bought for a minute before 47 other variants come out? I swear, everyone likes an upgrade, but when they come so fast on the heels of others it feels like they are trying to shovel more hardware down our throats. How about concentrating on bringing more good games to the systems instead of coming out with endless systems?

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! -.- Another DSi model already? ... Ugh, nintendo, just ugh. If the screens are larger and there is no other major improvement, the price better not be bloated; and especially not be the same price of a DSi if said DSi's price drops.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyPayne View Post
    OMG!!! HOW MANY MORE!?
    I heard that. Can we just enjoy the rig we bought for a minute before 47 other variants come out? I swear, everyone likes an upgrade, but when they come so fast on the heels of others it feels like they are trying to shovel more hardware down our throats. How about concentrating on bringing more good games to the systems instead of coming out with endless systems?
    This. I've been thinking quite similarly ever since they started releasing OVER 9000!!!!! different colors of DS Lite, a year or two back. And now they've got two DSi models; one that's... bigger. Yeah, how impressive. What an improvement over the DSi, which I truely consider 100% worthy of my paycheck. ... How about no.

But, as S.S. mentioned, people with larger hands could use this; I'm one of them. I'm simply worried about the price going up, and only for the sake of a bigger system/screens.

... I'm also worried about new software designed to keep out hackers. Once I get a DSi, I'll be hacking the life out of it (nothing illegal, ofcourse =P). >.>

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Yeah I have more important things to spend my paycheck on as well, but it's certainly something for my birthday list.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4365-5870-7443-2569
    This is IT... the next model of the dsi nintendo releases makes them one of who I pwn

just with a big a$$ screen and they could just throw it on our face

ahh, I belive nintendo would be a victim of the economical crisis so their designer quit...I volunteer for the place of the designer...haz lots of great ideaz...like the Nintendo Sandvich
    Guns aren't made to kill people. Guns are made to pwn people.

Ads