Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    Another problem the PSP had was dead pixels. I dont know if they've improved the manufacturing of the PSP's LCD screens yet, but apparently for no reason (I haven't had much direct contact with anyone who has owned a PSP) some pixels would just "die" and stop working. Apparently they would be replaced under warranty if you had 5 or more dead pixels on your screen... not really a big issue just a friggin pain. Just outta curiosity... can any PSP owners out there tell me where the PSPs are actually made?

#1 Chili Peppers Fan!! jimbolimbo99's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Don't know where psps are made but i own one and the only thing i really use it for is playin snes and nes emulators and music.Soo for gaming my ds is far better...

I have never had any problems with dead pixels though and I have owned minefor about 6 months soo sony must have fixed something with the screen
    Last edited by jimbolimbo99; 08-02-2006 at 07:45 AM.
    Woot!! Wii preordered with Zelda, Wii play and Tony hawks downhill jam- Now to wait for Dec 8th.

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbolimbo99
    Don't know where psps are made but i own one and the only thing i really use it for is playin snes and nes emulators and music.Soo for gaming my ds is far better...
    me too, i also download full psp games

there have been many problems with psp, the dpad is so shit u wont believe it, and there have been many reports of the analogue stick snapping, it is begging for another analogue stick on the right.

even tho i download psp games, most of them suck. maybe ultimate ghosts n' goblins will be good, i have just downloaded the jap version and im gonna find out.

other than that PSP sucks, i dont think it is what most people would want on a portable game system. good graphics just look shit on a portable system, and i personally preffer 2d games or side scrollers, 3d doesnt do it for me.

edit: sorry for my language, but it really does suck.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiener
    Sure it looks and feels MUCH better but i don't want it to crack and snap in half when i barely open it. Nintendo has noticed this problem and refuses to fix it, they want customers with cracked ds lites to send the ds and $50 to fix it. Just thought i should say that before anyone considers going to buy a ds lite. Remember, its always smart to find info on the product you are buying before you actually buy it.
    Listen i've had one for about a month and that's ridiculous to even think that, the only way u could break one by merely opening it is if u yanked straight open till the hinges wouldn't allow it to go any farther. It may not be a tank, but it's not a piece of paper. I love my Lite and I think it's much better than the PSP in everything except for, like HM said, graphics and the other settings that have nothing to do w/ gaming.

U should definitely trade in old for the new. Believe me, I ain't lyin...I have no idea y or how u got the idea that Nintendo knows this happens alot and they won't fix it just becuz they want money from ppl bringing them in to get it fixed. 1st of all I doubt so many ppl break their Lites and 2nd Nintendo can't help it, they made it lighter and more comfortable(more slender) so they can't make it sturdier. It's not possible when they did those things to it.

Just thought ya'll should know.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    And actually, the ds is also capable of the multimedia features of the psp, and it can use batteries, just so you know

Member #
    Friends
    3890-0148-4172-8586
    It is as though the nex-gen console war is with these very hand-held systems concepts:

One's a multi-media player with great graphics. Only about 1/5 of it is actually a portable GAME player(and I'm not saying that going on the Internet with it isn't cool, its just not something many gamers really wanna do).

One's a GAMING system with decent graphics and a whole new twist to gaming(wii-mote sensor, touch screen and microphone).

Then there's Xbox over in the corner screaming "GO HALO WOOT"

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Not one is better than the other. They are UNCOMPARABLE, theyre both totally different. I barely ever use my psp, yet, i take in on long travels, and save films on it. I always use my DS and DSlite, because the games are great.
    So not one is the winne, its just a matter of choice and opinion. Me, well i always buy nintendo, because ways of playing are different to normal gaming methods. ie, xbox, and ps2, psp

Enoch was right.

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    DS wins... PSP is just a remake of PS2 in a handheld.. DS is completely new generation to handheld... nuff said

Member #
    Friends
    0287-9971-6660-4138
    I dunno about all u psp haters but i dont think its that bad. PSP is a very good multimedia device as u can watch movies, music etc. Its hard for me to say though as in Japan, the top10 games have like 8 DS Games and like 0 PSP Games. In Australia i dont think that many people have DS in comparison to PSP, i think there has been to much of an image to people saying that nintendo is very "kiddish" i mean u ask lots of people, why dont u buy a wii, gamecube, DS? and they dont no a single thing about it and say straight away that they only have kiddish games. Well, Wii will show them who is kiddish.......

WiiChat Member marioisdabestever's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i think the psp would have been more popular if it came out the same time, or even after, the ps2 was released. but i still go with ds just because its the only touch screen console out atm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads