LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i think it was a lack of games. sure they had some good ones, but it really did not have some defining games, like halo 4 the xbox, and gta3 for the ps2

Member #
    Friends
    the wii wont have 2 worry about that because of loz twilight princess

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    Quote Originally Posted by Diomedes
    dont forget about the resident evil 4 incident
    Resident Evil 4 incident? what happened?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by rodent
    i think it was a lack of games. sure they had some good ones, but it really did not have some defining games, like halo 4 the xbox, and gta3 for the ps2
    What do you mean it didn't have defining games? Resident Evil 4, Zelda: Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Twilight Princess (will be), Super Smash Bros Melee, Pikmin 2, F-Zero GX, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Paper Mario, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Four Swords Adventures... OK I got a bit carried away there. A lot of those titles weren't definining games, but a lot of them were (Smash Bros, the Zelda games, and the Metroid games were certainly defining). The Gamecube had the best exclusive games, the only thing it lacked in the game department was third party titles.
    *insert crappy urine related Wii pun here in a attempt to be funny, when really I'm not*

WOO! My Wii has finally been dispatched, so I shoud get it tommorrow! Now you can all stop crying for me .

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiGamer24
    The Gamecube had the best exclusive games, the only thing it lacked in the game department was third party titles.
    That and multiplayer. While Metroid 2 had multiplayer, I heard it wasn't well developed and I know it wasn't even online!

Now, Halo is a defining game for Xbox because of story, gameplay, graphics and online play.

GTA for PS2 is defining just because it is soooooooooooo masive and gives you sooooooooooooooo much freedom.

So, while GTA didn't have the multiplayer (although it actually did have two player but not a lot of people played it), Metroid would have had such a huge following if it had had good online play, in my opinion.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    The resident evil 4 incident was when the developers had crammed in sooo much data on the 2 cd's that they could not include more special things.
    This i mean the ada missions, new guns and new costumes. This instaed was put into the PS2 version.
    But dont you worry, they downgraded the gameplay, loading times and graphics on the PS2 version. So the GC version is WAAAY better.
    (it would have been better if the special things were included )

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    That and multiplayer. While Metroid 2 had multiplayer, I heard it wasn't well developed and I know it wasn't even online!
    The Gamecube had lots of good multiplayer games. Donkey Konga, F- Zero GX, Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, Mario Golf, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Power Tennis, Metroid Prime 2 (wasn't great but it had it), Super Smash Bros Melee, 1080 Avalanche, Kirby Air Ride thats just to name a few exclusive multiplayer games. The only thing that let the multiplayer games down is the lack of online. Oh and Metroid Prime 2 wasn't fantastic in the multiplayer experience but it was one of the best games ever in the single player department. Which made it a defining game.

P.S: I thought it was worth noting that 1080: Avalanche, Kirby Air Ride, Mario Kart Double Dash, Phantasy Star online, and Mario Kart Double Dash could all go online. There may have been a few more which could too.
    *insert crappy urine related Wii pun here in a attempt to be funny, when really I'm not*

WOO! My Wii has finally been dispatched, so I shoud get it tommorrow! Now you can all stop crying for me .

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    Quote Originally Posted by Diomedes
    The resident evil 4 incident was when the developers had crammed in sooo much data on the 2 cd's that they could not include more special things.
    This i mean the ada missions, new guns and new costumes. This instaed was put into the PS2 version.
    But dont you worry, they downgraded the gameplay, loading times and graphics on the PS2 version. So the GC version is WAAAY better.
    (it would have been better if the special things were included )

ohhh right right i getcha now. I was really cut when i found out the PS2 version was getting all the cool extras. I guess they still had downsampled graphics to contend with but hey, graphics aren't everything now are they? or maybe for a game like this they actually matter somewhat. Either way, this wouldn't have been a problem if the GameCube just used normal sized discs

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    ya right graphics aint everything. I just tried to make GC's version seem better

The Master ?!?!?!?!!?!?!? Jamma's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Yeah I agree the GC did miss out on the big online console gaming boom and while Microsoft allready through the PC had experience in that so their online play was the best of the three. Sony got experience from their first foray into it so the only company that will have no experience in this will be nintendo and it will be hard for them to get it right first time. The lack of DVD capabilities stopped some people I know of from buying it so they were wrong in not putting that in but the GC was still a good console I enjoyes it XD

Ads