LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0130-2935-1724-6313

Whats The Best Connection From GC To Tv?

Is it s-video because I read somewhere that they got a near HD picture from this connection?

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Component is actually the best connection but only if you have a TV with component inputs, like the one's pictured below. source

This allows for Progressive Scan. If your TV doesn't have component inputs, then S-video will give you the next best, but Progressive Scan won't be possible.

To tell you the truth, I have a 27" tube TV with component and s-video inputs and I have an Xbox. When I changed from composite (the worst input) to an s-video cable, Splinter Cell looked a lot nicer; blacks were much blacker and there was less pixilation. Then I got a component cable and I didn't notice a major difference between it and S-video, so unless you have a high def TV, s-video may be good enough.
    Last edited by NateTheGreat; 08-16-2006 at 04:29 PM.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    0130-2935-1724-6313
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    Component is actually the best connection but only if you have a TV with component inputs, like the one's pictured below. source

This allows for Progressive Scan. If your TV doesn't have component inputs, then S-video will give you the next best, but Progressive Scan won't be possible.

To tell you the truth, I have a 27" tube TV with component and s-video inputs and I have an Xbox. When I changed from composite (the worst input) to an s-video cable, Splinter Cell looked a lot nicer; blacks were much blacker and there was less pixilation. Then I got a component cable and I didn't notice a major difference between it and S-video, so unless you have a high def TV, s-video may be good enough.
    I want to thank you for your advice. You see I bought an HD LCD TV a month and a half ago and the thing never had component inputs so that pissed me off. So after reading what you said I bought an S-Video lead for my gamecube off Ebay thinking that's the best picture I could get but as I later found out Pal Gamecubes dont give out an S-Video picture

Earlier today I went to return my tv in the hopes of getting a new one a bit more expensive but I had had it more than 30 days so they just swapped it for the same model. The thing is the new TV was slightly different with component inputs

Now i'm happy as hell and wanna see if Nintendo release a compenent cable for the Wii then i'll be able to get the best picture possible!

So thanks for your help.

Ads