LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Slowly returning.. <_< demonflair's Avatar
    Member #
    16268
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portugal, Portimão
    Posts
    2,513
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2967-1215-6372-5681

    I Will Have Eternal Darkness Tomorrow

    I will buy it tomorrow, to play it in my Wii
    Every gaming site says that it's one of the best games ever for the GameCube.

    Does anyone have it?? Is it that great??

  2. #2
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Ye, I have it. It's brilliant. Very atmospheric and the insanity effects are brilliant. Both have you jumping and laughing.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  3. #3
    Slowly returning.. <_< demonflair's Avatar
    Member #
    16268
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portugal, Portimão
    Posts
    2,513
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2967-1215-6372-5681
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Ye, I have it. It's brilliant. Very atmospheric and the insanity effects are brilliant. Both have you jumping and laughing.
    Yeah I've heard that too. One question, what's with that eskeleton and that Lighting God (?)?? I mean they are always talking to each other...

  4. #4
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by demonflair
    Yeah I've heard that too. One question, what's with that eskeleton and that Lighting God (?)?? I mean they are always talking to each other...
    Pious is the second character you come across. He's original after some artefact. Depending on which artefact near the start of the game you choose, the monsters will be different (and have a slightly different storyline). Pious becomes the skeleton dude. He serves his master which is one of the four Gods (Three artefacts to choose from and which one you pick will allign yourself to a certain God. The fourth God is Mantorok and will be a significant aspect of the story). Once you complete it, you can play again as a different Element. Play it again to complete the third time and you'll get to see an extra bit at the end.

    The spell system is also really good.

    Here's a few vids:
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtaLaW9nOWQ[/media]
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2he5jxOvQZk[/media]
    Last edited by Squall7; 06-13-2007 at 01:48 PM.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  5. #5
    Slowly returning.. <_< demonflair's Avatar
    Member #
    16268
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portugal, Portimão
    Posts
    2,513
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2967-1215-6372-5681
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Pious is the second character you come across. He's original after some artefact. Depending on which artefact near the start of the game you choose, the monsters will be different (and have a slightly different storyline). Pious becomes the skeleton dude. He serves his master which is one of the four Gods (Three artefacts to choose from and which one you pick will allign yourself to a certain God. The fourth God is Mantorok and will be a significant aspect of the story). Once you complete it, you can play again as a different Element. Play it again to complete the third time and you'll get to see an extra bit at the end.

    The spell system is also really good.
    Thanks for the info buddy
    I'm going to rep you

    Anyway, who's the main character of the game??

  6. #6
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by demonflair
    Thanks for the info buddy
    I'm going to rep you

    Anyway, who's the main character of the game??
    Np. There are 12 characters you play as throughout the game. However, the person you keep coming back to is named Alex Roivas (Savior backwards).

    The game is basically played out through chapters and you play as the characters that the darkness encounter.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  7. #7
    Slowly returning.. <_< demonflair's Avatar
    Member #
    16268
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portugal, Portimão
    Posts
    2,513
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2967-1215-6372-5681
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Np. There are 12 characters you play as throughout the game. However, the person you keep coming back to is named Alex Roivas (Savior backwards).

    The game is basically played out through chapters and you play as the characters that the darkness encounter.
    12 characters?? How cool

    And how's the exploring part of the game?? Sorry for asking so much

  8. #8
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by demonflair
    12 characters?? How cool

    And how's the exploring part of the game?? Sorry for asking so much
    Hey it's no problem.

    Exploring in the game is quite fun, every now and again you might get a bit stuck. If that happens then you may need to cast some spells. The combat system I think may prove a little tricky. Basically you switch between body parts while attacking, so that you can aim straight for the head, or attack one of the arms etc...

    Also, the spell system is a little like building a sentence. Combine words to create the spell. Things like protect-area-(element) makes a barrier that the enemy cannot pass.

    That will be explained in the game itself though.

    It's a really compelling and refreshing game really. A brilliant yet underrated survival horror game.They also have an official site:
    http://www.eternaldarkness.com/
    Last edited by Squall7; 06-13-2007 at 02:02 PM.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  9. #9
    Slowly returning.. <_< demonflair's Avatar
    Member #
    16268
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portugal, Portimão
    Posts
    2,513
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2967-1215-6372-5681
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Hey it's no problem.

    Exploring in the game is quite fun, every now and again you might get a bit stuck. If that happens then you may need to cast some spells. The combat system I think may prove a little tricky. Basically you switch between body parts while attacking, so that you can aim straight for the head, or attack one of the arms etc...

    Also, the spell system is a little like building a sentence. Combine words to create the spell. Things like protect-area-(element) makes a barrier that the enemy cannot pass.

    That will be explained in the game itself though.

    It's a really compelling and refreshing game really. A brilliant yet underrated survival horror game.
    Cool

    I've heard, from IGN, that the game is Resident Evil 4 (the content), but it's like One Milion Dollar Babe, it's great, won Oscars, but it doesn't sell like Lord of the Rings sells...

  10. #10
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by demonflair
    Cool

    I've heard, from IGN, that the game is Resident Evil 4 (the content), but it's like One Milion Dollar Babe, it's great, won Oscars, but it doesn't sell like Lord of the Rings sells...
    Not sure about the analogy. Never been a fan of either movies. It's definately not Resident Evil 4, as that have more of an action thing to it. It's more like Silent Hill meets fantasy (the magickal system anyway).


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

problem eternal darkness wii

Click on a term to search for related topics.