LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    SSBM was the reason I got the GameCube.

SSB Online or SSBM PM me if you think you can beat me.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    I bought Gamecube for the controller. Yes, that's right, I generally buy my systems based on the comfort and style of the controller. At the time, there was only the PS2, which as everyone knows, has a hideously weak controller, and the Xbox which at the time was only being sold with that massive Xbox controller that was too big and weird for my hands. I thought it would be the best because it had better graphics than PS2 and yet was cheaper than Xbox.

I got WaveRace which was pretty and difficult, but after a while, I was like, what's the point in this game? Then, my friend brought over a copy of SSBM and I was hooked. It was funny, he had been playing it for a few weeks and within an hour, I was totally killing him with Fox. I also got this game called Cell Damage, which was a slightly more mature cel-shaded MarioKart-esque game that was actually really fun. I also loved SSX: Tricky, but after the Controller-S came out for Xbox and I played SSX on my cousin's Xbox, as well as a few other games, I sold my GC for Xbox and never looked back. Since most of the games I like are multi-platform, I'm glad I got the Xbox because it always had the best graphics, sound, online multiplayer, etc.

Wii will definetly be soooo much better than the GC and all the good GC games I missed, I can now play on Wii for less money.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    2188-6506-5465-4428
    I was disappointed in the game for the GameCube. It was like the Nintendo 64 but with nowhere near the amount of the classics that the N64 had.

Writersmuster - -No External Links

Worldwide Writers connected

Member #
    Friends
    0287-9971-6660-4138
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    I bought Gamecube for the controller. Yes, that's right, I generally buy my systems based on the comfort and style of the controller. At the time, there was only the PS2, which as everyone knows, has a hideously weak controller, and the Xbox which at the time was only being sold with that massive Xbox controller that was too big and weird for my hands. I thought it would be the best because it had better graphics than PS2 and yet was cheaper than Xbox.

I got WaveRace which was pretty and difficult, but after a while, I was like, what's the point in this game? Then, my friend brought over a copy of SSBM and I was hooked. It was funny, he had been playing it for a few weeks and within an hour, I was totally killing him with Fox. I also got this game called Cell Damage, which was a slightly more mature cel-shaded MarioKart-esque game that was actually really fun. I also loved SSX: Tricky, but after the Controller-S came out for Xbox and I played SSX on my cousin's Xbox, as well as a few other games, I sold my GC for Xbox and never looked back. Since most of the games I like are multi-platform, I'm glad I got the Xbox because it always had the best graphics, sound, online multiplayer, etc.

Wii will definetly be soooo much better than the GC and all the good GC games I missed, I can now play on Wii for less money.
    Correct, i so agree with u. GCN had the best controller, the most comfortable ever. I loved the GCN cause of its controller and those few exclusive titles.

Member #
    Friends
    2188-6506-5465-4428
    I think for controllers, I didn't mind the N64. But the best one was the SNES and GCN on equal par.

Writersmuster - -No External Links

Worldwide Writers connected

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    I owned a GCN, but I sold it 3 MONTHS after I bought it, because I really didn't like it too much...

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Joe
    Member #
    Friends
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    Nintendo was lagging behind Sony and Microsoft with that console.
    So I didn't really like the cube that much. It had some must have games like Zelda and Mario on it, and thats really why I bought the system.
    The Wii on the other hand well its already been proven to be the top dog!

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenova
    I don't realy like the gamecube... at all. Just a few games were good. No doubt it was one of Nintendo's big mistakes.
    To me, the most correct comment in this thread (unless I missed one or two )

Member #
    Friends
    i think if the GC had a few more titles released and online play it wud of ruled but as it didnt it flopped.

Member #
    Friends
    6920-9646-7256-3871
    The cube by itself was a great system and Nintendo did a great job minus the small DVD disk. I love the cube and had lots of fun with it, it was just to bad that there weren't too many third party support. There weren't to many because of Nintendo's high price of licensing games. If they were to have a few more RPG games the system would've done very well.

Ads