Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Finally someone agrees with me D:

Not using items is pretty much an insult to the makers of the game.
    They're awesome!

There is no luck when using items.
    Psh.

It's skill and how to react to the items.
    Home-run bat. Easiest thing to dodge, ever. It takes like, a second to actually swing it.

But setting up your opponent to where he can't run away from the bat, now that's skills.

I'm pretty sure when you guys play your FPS, you don't stick with the starter gun throughout the entire match.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

2. Ads

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^Actually my friends (who are halo-aholics) play lockout no grenades BR's only. They play that for hours.

For that reason I absolutely despise Halo.

[lightbulb]...hmmm, maybe thats why my friends dont like to play ssbm?[/lightbulb]

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Trulen
    Finally someone agrees with me D:

Not using items is pretty much an insult to the makers of the game.
    They're awesome!

There is no luck when using items.
    Psh.

It's skill and how to react to the items.
    Home-run bat. Easiest thing to dodge, ever. It takes like, a second to actually swing it.

But setting up your opponent to where he can't run away from the bat, now that's skills.

I'm pretty sure when you guys play your FPS, you don't stick with the starter gun throughout the entire match.
    there is luck with items. you could be fighting and fighting, youre down to 1 life each. your opponent is about to get knocked off the stage and then a heart container drops. he gets lucky and lives, then maybe a hammer or some other item drops and he grabs it too winning the game. you shouldve won that match, but he got lucky. the item drop and where it drops is random, when seeing whos better you shouldnt include random factors.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Good to see this is still a mature discussion

Well sure that can happen. But thats also a reason to me why more rounds should be played to see who's best. Maybe make a best of 3. Also part of the skill you should have is box/crate/item denial for the opponent. Just beat him up whenever he comes near a thing or take the items/boxes youreself. When I play my friend we usualy play 1 on 1 but with items and stuff. Only items Im really using are pokeballs and ray guns. I'm just throwing the items at him for disruption
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    there is luck with items. you could be fighting and fighting, youre down to 1 life each. your opponent is about to get knocked off the stage and then a heart container drops. he gets lucky and lives, then maybe a hammer or some other item drops and he grabs it too winning the game. you shouldve won that match, but he got lucky. the item drop and where it drops is random, when seeing whos better you shouldnt include random factors.
    Not necessarily. You shouldn't include random factor's that only apply to a single person. You yourself said that the fairest way was to play on a random stage, which is understandable becuase it is equally random for both players. Therefore, if the game somehow dropped the 'random' items equally random for both teams (drops two of the same items equal distance from each player, as if a reflection) then we could play with items on. Until that day I wont be playing with items.

Wow, that was such a nit-picky argument.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    there is luck with items. you could be fighting and fighting, youre down to 1 life each. your opponent is about to get knocked off the stageand then a heart container drops. he gets lucky and lives, then maybe a hammer or some other item drops and he grabs it too winning the game. you shouldve won that match, but he got lucky. the item drop and where it drops is random, when seeing whos better you shouldnt include random factors.
    that's why you use skill to prevent him from getting the heart and hammer

i like having fd with no items occasionally but for the most party i enjoy items, i think i'm pretty good when it comes to both situations

however....i turn off some of the items just because i don't like them(mainly the cheap ones like hammer, star and healing items)

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    no you guys dont understand, item spawn is random. if youve guys passed third grade then you should know even with a quarter toss out of 3, all 3 could be heads, all 3 could be tails, even with best out of 3 for matches, there is still a random chance someone will win that coin toss the whole time, or in times that win them the game. theres no way to stop an opponent from picking up a weapon if it spawns closer to them or on them.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads