Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7171-0126-0181-9068
    why do u like gamecube so much????

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Well, I stand amongst those who didn't care for the gamecube. And there's alot of us.

World wide PS2 Sales - 113,000,000
    Worldwide XBox Sales - 26,000,000
    Worldwide Gamecube Sales - 21,630,000
    Worldwide Dreamcast Sales - 10,000,000

The gamecube had a very clunky controller, and almost no third party support. I'm glad I got my wii so I can go back and play the half dozen in-house titles that I wanted, but there was never a game that made me go out and buy the system even in it's prime.

And for the record, I've owned every nintendo system released in America since 1989 (nintendo included) *except* the gamecube, that one just had no appeal to me. :/ Not when PS2 was giving me Devil May Cry, Ratchet and Clank, and Jak.

Rant aside, the gamecube will probably get a few half-assed ports and move licenses here and there for the next year or two, but it's just good business for Nintendo to throw their weight behind a system that's already sold 10,000,000 units worldwide.

But hey, on the bright side, another decade down the road and we'll be downloading Gamecube games to the virtual console of the future! And then we'll take our hover cars to work! (C'mon, they gotta have flying cars by the year 2018!)

Member #
    Friends
    lol were still working on cars that dont run on gas, dont get your hopes up Tairusu.

gamecube never appealed to me either and i guess i can see why they stopped making games for cube, cause the wii is so cheap and the games have the same kind of graphics..its just so similar. cube's fan base shifted to teh wii easily but PS2 fans cant just run out and get a ps3 for 250. (why i switched to a nintendo console!) and i dont regret it.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    6441-5121-0460-7586
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    the wii is so cheap and the games have the same kind of graphics..its just so similar.
    That's the main reason I was thinking. Besides developing for the Wii Remote and possibly Nunchuck (which isn't necessary) there isn't much to set them apart hardware wise.

D S
    Member #
    Friends
    8371-1413-5471-1722
    They need to place more advertisement and product placement on the Wii, so they can maximize the amount of money they receive. if everyone bought a Gamecube but not a Wii, then they would not be making alot of money, only about 100$ per person.

I myself am going to be buying two used game systems
    Xbox
    Ps2

I still need to get a spongebob game for my girlfriend....yes she likes spongebob.
    Join -No External Links.

If you wish to add me as a "Wii Friend" PM me
    D S ~~Since 1992

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Arghhh...n00b rush ignorance!

First @ tairusu: Most will say the gc pad is the most comfortable, or at least tied with the 360. The psx/2/3 controllers are the notorious thumb-crampers.

Wii is more than twice a gamecube and a little more than an original x-box. Plus the architecture is vastly superior. Thus, there IS a large difference in new and last-gen, just not new and next.

Oh...LOL @ girlfriend liking spongebob.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by D S
    They need to place more advertisement and product placement on the Wii, so they can maximize the amount of money they receive. if everyone bought a Gamecube but not a Wii, then they would not be making alot of money, only about 100$ per person.

I myself am going to be buying two used game systems
    Xbox
    Ps2

I still need to get a spongebob game for my girlfriend....yes she likes spongebob.
    I would only accept advertising/product placement if it was subtle- Any unskippable adverts and the game goes straight back to the store.

Also, why does Nintendo need more money anyway? They're already raking it in much faster than the 360 and PS3.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

D S
    Member #
    Friends
    8371-1413-5471-1722
    Yes, but have you considered the amount it might cost for the computers they haver, electricity, the web space, the employee's. It can get pricey.
    Join -No External Links.

If you wish to add me as a "Wii Friend" PM me
    D S ~~Since 1992

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    I really liked the GC: Pikmin, Wind Waker, SSBM and so many more... (JMO)

Member #
    Friends
    6441-5121-0460-7586
    Quote Originally Posted by D S
    Yes, but have you considered the amount it might cost for the computers they haver, electricity, the web space, the employee's. It can get pricey.
    Nintendo is the only company that makes money per a console sold. Combine that with sales of their first-party kits and dev kits to third-party makers and they are pretty set. There was a report that Nintendo profits are up somewhere around 70% (I think that's right) so far.

Ads