LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    can u play gamecube games in the Wii? kind of a stupid question but I just bought my son a Wii for Christmas and while cleaning out the building I found loads of gamecube games and the system broke and for some reason we never bought another one. i guess i could ask my son but he already thinks he is so much smarter than me and of course he isn't thanks for the help anyone!

Member #
    Friends
    I am a huge lover of the Gamecube, I have around 50 games for it.
    The one time I have ever deviated from Nintendo was with the PS2.
    I regret it. It is my all-time least favorite console and I am not a huge fan of any of the games I have on it.
    The Gamecube is home to all my favorites including Animal Crossing and Starfox Adventures and I swear I will always have one.
    As far as its durability you would not believe the number of times I have dropped both my gamecubes. I have had my first one for several years, probably around 9 or 10, and it still runs games like a dream. If I had to get rid of all my consoles and could only keep one (excluding my Wii), I would keep my Gamecube. Definitely the best game system I have ever laid hands on.

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    yes you could play gc games on a wii

I Have Asperger Syndrome ArceusLord's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArceusLord View Post
    I take gaming very seriously. I hate it when people take it less than such it gets me very mad. When i see parents taking away video games from children as a punishment...just gets my blood boiling.

You must not be a parent.
    No i am not. But parents are ignorant and do not understand how important video games are to most kids (or atleast most of my friends...)

Also @ Kayota
    Woot! Animal Crossing for gamecube is really fun.
    Have it your way...my favorite restaurant is burger king.
    MSN: Mod Edit: No External Linking

Member #
    Friends
    I take gaming very seriously. I hate it when people take it less than such it gets me very mad. When i see parents taking away video games from children as a punishment...just gets my blood boiling.

No i am not. But parents are ignorant and do not understand how important video games are to most kids (or atleast most of my friends...)
    That's precisely why they're used for punishment. What would the point be of taking away something you did NOT care about? Don't underestimate parents.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    yeah really. a punishment is only a punishment because it involes something you like being taken away. like being outside a lot? then you're likely to get punished by being forced inside. same idea with games.

i understand what you mean, it pisses me off too. but then you gotta think, if they weren't being bad then they never would've gotton punished. i'm not a parent either but it makes perfect sense to me.

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Now now, I take gaming seriously but only to a certain extent. After all, it IS a form of recreation. If you take it too seriously then you need to relax.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    I concur.

I Have Asperger Syndrome ArceusLord's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000

That's precisely why they're used for punishment. What would the point be of taking away something you did NOT care about? Don't underestimate parents.
    I may just be another teenager ranting about parent's stupidity and inability to understand modern kids, but taking away a kid's games and other things of that nature does not do anything but drive the child further from the parent, and make them hate the parent even more. Especially if the child has OCD or some sort of mental condition. Children with such mental conditions as ADHD and OCD tend to hate their parents when punished and never stray from the hatred. They can hold grudges that last for years.
    Have it your way...my favorite restaurant is burger king.
    MSN: Mod Edit: No External Linking

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    I may just be another teenager ranting about parent's stupidity and inability to understand modern kids, but taking away a kid's games and other things of that nature does not do anything but drive the child further from the parent, and make them hate the parent even more. Especially if the child has OCD or some sort of mental condition. Children with such mental conditions as ADHD and OCD tend to hate their parents when punished and never stray from the hatred. They can hold grudges that last for years.
    Let me tell you as a gamer with both ADHD and OCD how this works. Many times my parents took games away from me because I did something wrong. Many times I hated them for it. But without that I would have kept doing whatever I was doing wrong. And then I'd just be some loser douchebag right now. Instead I'm liked by my coworkers, have many friends and two jobs. In other words? Successful for my age. What if my mom hadn't taken away my N64 when I stole something? I might have stolen again. Perhaps even from one of my jobs. Which could have gotten me fired. But that helped me realize that stealing is serious business.

Also, I have to say, kids that hold grudges against their parents because their games got taken away when they lied or something really need to step outside. I love my games, but damned if I let them sink their teeth into my real life and make me actually truly hate someone because of them. That's just stupid.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads