LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    I Have Asperger Syndrome ArceusLord's Avatar
    Member #
    66194
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    california
    Posts
    174
    Friends
    9
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArceusLord View Post
    I may just be another teenager ranting about parent's stupidity and inability to understand modern kids, but taking away a kid's games and other things of that nature does not do anything but drive the child further from the parent, and make them hate the parent even more. Especially if the child has OCD or some sort of mental condition. Children with such mental conditions as ADHD and OCD tend to hate their parents when punished and never stray from the hatred. They can hold grudges that last for years.
    Let me tell you as a gamer with both ADHD and OCD how this works. Many times my parents took games away from me because I did something wrong. Many times I hated them for it. But without that I would have kept doing whatever I was doing wrong. And then I'd just be some loser douchebag right now. Instead I'm liked by my coworkers, have many friends and two jobs. In other words? Successful for my age. What if my mom hadn't taken away my N64 when I stole something? I might have stolen again. Perhaps even from one of my jobs. Which could have gotten me fired. But that helped me realize that stealing is serious business.

    Also, I have to say, kids that hold grudges against their parents because their games got taken away when they lied or something really need to step outside. I love my games, but damned if I let them sink their teeth into my real life and make me actually truly hate someone because of them. That's just stupid.
    Although i see your point, It obviously is not possible to explain this to you or the other guy in a way you could understand because, like most human beings your mind is set on one thing and you are to believe that one thing until evidently proven wrong. I have no evidence of this, but my own feelings. But Alas, it is a worthless effort. The fact that you did not know that stealing was "serious business" in the first place suggests you had not been educated about law? Or maybe you did not imagine yourself in the other person's shoes. What if you had been stolen from?
    Have it your way...my favorite restaurant is burger king.
    MSN: Mod Edit: No External Linking


  2. #22
    Super Geek Shadowking's Avatar
    Member #
    30149
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,010
    Friends
    17
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    That was an example dude >_< *epic facepalm*

    The point is that it's a very valid and effective punishment...the only way you disagree is if you're on the receiving end of the punishment. Which means you did something wrong so it's your fault in the first place.


    Spoiler Alert!


  3. #23
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ArceusLord View Post
    Although i see your point, It obviously is not possible to explain this to you or the other guy in a way you could understand because, like most human beings your mind is set on one thing and you are to believe that one thing until evidently proven wrong. I have no evidence of this, but my own feelings. But Alas, it is a worthless effort. The fact that you did not know that stealing was "serious business" in the first place suggests you had not been educated about law? Or maybe you did not imagine yourself in the other person's shoes. What if you had been stolen from?

    I have a homework assignment for you

    Print out this and your other messages in this thread, seal them in an envelope, and stash it away someplace safe. In 20 or 30 years time when you're raising kids, open that envelope and read your posts again. Then you'll see...

  4. #24
    I Have Asperger Syndrome ArceusLord's Avatar
    Member #
    66194
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    california
    Posts
    174
    Friends
    9
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. View Post
    That was an example dude >_< *epic facepalm*

    The point is that it's a very valid and effective punishment...the only way you disagree is if you're on the receiving end of the punishment. Which means you did something wrong so it's your fault in the first place.
    I would never punish a child by taking away video games because i realize how important they may be. I know it sounds foolish but i am a video game addict -.-"
    Have it your way...my favorite restaurant is burger king.
    MSN: Mod Edit: No External Linking


  5. #25
    Super Geek Shadowking's Avatar
    Member #
    30149
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,010
    Friends
    17
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Then it is even more important that you break that. Again, I love video games and spend most of my time playing them but too much of anything isn't good. If they are that important to the child then said child needs counseling.


    Spoiler Alert!


  6. #26
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ArceusLord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. View Post
    That was an example dude >_< *epic facepalm*

    The point is that it's a very valid and effective punishment...the only way you disagree is if you're on the receiving end of the punishment. Which means you did something wrong so it's your fault in the first place.
    I would never punish a child by taking away video games because i realize how important they may be. I know it sounds foolish but i am a video game addict -.-"

    How would you punish your child?

  7. #27
    80T
    80T is offline
    Junior Member 80T's Avatar
    Member #
    78149
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    With a few adjustments here and there, what you've wrote here could have been nothing less then my very own thoughts... Very sad story...
    I had the patience to read all you've wrote and I could have read much more, as this subject has got into my attention pretty much...
    There are a lots of things to be added but I'm too lazy to find my words etc...
    I was a SONY PlayStaion FanBoy until not so long ago... (Until PS3 came out) and given the nature of things I wasn't aware about Nintendo's GameCube console... I was raised mostly around PS1/PS2 Sega X-Box but never got close to a GameCube... (pretty rare things among my region at the time) Recently I got a broken GC from some console addict for a price of nothing and got around it to find out that it's an amazingly well built system (I'm very sure the best from it's generation - And YES! I DO AGREE that the 6'th gen. of consoles was the GOLDEN AGE of consoles and games)
    Nonetheless this system also had the exclusive titles of the games that I love most: RE:Remake & RE:Zer0 (Resident Evil was the very first game that introduced me to the console gaming world and gaming in general)

    I do now own two purple GameCubes (DOL-001 PAL) and counting...
    I already love them as much as I love my PS2's and I think I will enjoy them even more when I will get my hands on the RE:Remake & RE:Zer0 titles.
    The next one will be a grey Cube in an absolutely perfect hardware condition 9.8/10

  8. #28
    Junior Member knuckles20's Avatar
    Member #
    78376
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    TN, USA
    Posts
    3
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7395-1022-1851-8284
    re-rise the gamecube from the ashes of it's formal self and revive the old games that were on it to a re-release of the cube. and after beating every game i owned i even used the action replay too. so don't hate just because yall might feel like i am a cheater, but in this day and age who isn't.
    Name----------> GSK206-Wii
    Wii Number----> 7395 1022 4854 8284

  9. #29
    80T
    80T is offline
    Junior Member 80T's Avatar
    Member #
    78149
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckles20 View Post
    re-rise the gamecube from the ashes of it's formal self and revive the old games that were on it to a re-release of the cube. And after beating every game i owned i even used the action replay too. So don't hate just because yall might feel like i am a cheater, but in this day and age who isn't.
    me !

  10. #30
    WiiChat Member Punk-Pit's Avatar
    Member #
    72588
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    85
    Friends
    11
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2546-1569-2080-1863
    Okay i've read every single post on this entire thread because I've been bored. Nothing to do really because i'm taking a break from COD: BO atm. I recently "Re-bought" it so that I can play it with a few of my good friends. Anyhow...

    The Gamecube was an amazing system. I love everything about mine and all my games. I love SSBM and all the rest of my lovely GC games but then again I love nintendo as well. I own GC, along with the fat gameboy before gameboy color, own that as well and advance, DS, DSi, and DS Light. I own each version of the DS to be honest. Along with my still working an beautiful N64. Nintendo is just amazing in themself. Now the gamecube is amazing so I AGREE. But I don't think it will be the last. Yes most games now are multiplayer recommended, such as many loved games, even now the SSBB is multiplayer for online use. But I would argue the wii is just as great in some areas.

    I mean you can play GC games on the Wii not to mention it has the Same (4) plugs for GC controllers. So playing the amazing GC games still I mostly do so on my wii. I like the wii as does many others. You've obviously done your research knowing so much about the gaming industry and having such a well thought out opinion on this subject. The GC is a great consule and always will be occasionally I play it still. I enjoy having buds over and eating pizza and soda (still) just to play said games. But as time goes on Nintendo will eventually make gaming greater. They did make Nintendo Gamecube did they not? So yes as for "6th Gen" of gaming the GC holds the ball game in a death grip in my own opinion. But lets not count it out just yet? The wii made is possible to play these "Online" multiplayer games I'm sure intending to keep up with the gaming world but also allowing us to play the beautiful GC games on it as well. So the wii is an amazing consule just like the gamecube. (Least in my opinion). So we still got a long way to go within the gaming worlds. We'll all just have to see if anything can compete with "The Golden Age" as I seen it was refered as. Anyways..just my opinion..

    Now as for taking games away from kids. Kids need structure. It is that reason without diciple that alot of kids grow up and fail because they have no structure and have their priorities completely F'd up. So punishment no games is a good thing. I totally get where the idea is coming from and I understand completely so do not think I do not. But I have realized as I have had my own experiances that, If I had no structure like I "Use too" I'd probably be in jail. I use to get into alot of fights, and so I've been in trouble quite a bit with the law. Though looking back I am glad I was punished and am a happy person with NO trouble what so ever with the law or anyone else anymore. And no just because I do own so many consules and crap does not mean I'm so fat kid at home eating chips and sipping sugary drinks. I am actually very much the opposite. Anyways as a person who has loved games all his life I will say I am GLAD NOW for resieving the punishments I did because I would hate to have ended up in the place I WAS headed. And I have ADHD no it does not make us hate our parents, maybe we dislike them but what teenager or kid doesn't dislike "The actions" some parents take for punishments but in the end it is all to teach and help ready us people for the world. In no one shape or form is this world perfect and that being said there is a lot of crap we have to deal with on a daily bases. Being punished only helps us to realize better that doing wrong is not good. And if your older and do not know right from wrong complaining about being punished. You may need help..professional help....

    Now as a person with ADHD i'd like to say do no speak of us people with ADHD like you know what it is like and how we think. It is PROVEN that people with ADHD think ALOT differently than those who do not. Albert Einstine or however you spell it was a person with ADHD and that in itself if you know anything about the man should tell you that ADHD people think differently. Now it is alittle insulting to have people without ADHD speak of us like they know how we act/speak/think/and feel about situations. Yes we CAN or some can hold grudges for years but that doesn't mean it would be over something so simple as being punished because just like EVERY person in the world we to have to go into the real world and make a living doing SOMETHING. So even we ADHD people can understand a punishment is only for ones own good and to help with shaping and getting us ready for the real world.
    Do you expect to work do something wrong and have your boss just ignore it. No your boss will ride your ass just like your parents. And simple punishments from parents can be related to that of punishments at work. Docted pay? You lose money for not doing your job? Fair of course. Because no one should be payed for doing nothing. Being fired? Obviously that can be done without cause yes but most times there is reason for a person losing their job. Just like there is reason for kids losing freedoms such as outdoors playtime, or computer or even games. So yes it is a good idea to punish kids by taking away games. And No I do no appreciate you or anyone else (Not saying anyone else did, just the one who FIRST MENTIONED ADHD) speaking of us ADHD people like we are some different person. We are as normal as anyone else and can lead perfectly normal lives thank you very freakin much.
    -UD/Joker

    CoD MWR FC: 532552789313

    Quote: "Why so Serious?"
    -Joker, from The Dark Knight

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

foto evil 4

,

in a movie, you may see

,
is the avatar the blue people on gamecube and on 2 player
,

konata busy gif

,
list of video games exclusives sixth generation
,

ps2/playstation 2-gamespot.hitman 4com

,

re4 cheats

,

re4 graphics mod

,

resident evil 4

,

resident evil 4 gif

,

sphinx and the cursed mummy gamecube

,
why did some ps2 games have better graphics than gc
Click on a term to search for related topics.