LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Wouldn't that be breaching the patent/copyright issues that game designers have with their character creations? If Crash Bandicoot were to be in the game, Playstation would sue Nintendo for copyright issues. I dont see XBOX or PS# game designers use mario or zelda characters in their games.

The reason why Nintendo put Snake into the list of fighters that are going to be on SSBB is because Metal Gear first came out on Nintendo then moved to Playstation. So Snake originally was a Nintendo character...

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by linkzeldagame
    Wouldn't that be breaching the patent/copyright issues that game designers have with their character creations? If Crash Bandicoot were to be in the game, Playstation would sue Nintendo for copyright issues. I dont see XBOX or PS# game designers use mario or zelda characters in their games.

The reason why Nintendo put Snake into the list of fighters that are going to be on SSBB is because Metal Gear first came out on Nintendo then moved to Playstation. So Snake originally was a Nintendo character...
    If you are responding to my post about putting the guy from PsiOps in there, then...well I don't care if it's a breech in their contract. I want to see Picachu's head explode! Is that too much to ask?
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    sony doesn't own the metal gear solid series, Konami does. Its the same with the Final fantasy series; its owned by Square Enix. If does developers wanted to they could just port those games to the Wii. The reason why Nintendo Characters like Mario and Link are not in other console's games because they are specifically owned by Nintendo.

Member #
    Friends
    sony doesn't own the metal gear solid series, Konami does. Its the same with the Final fantasy series; its owned by Square Enix. If does developers wanted to they could just port those games to the Wii. The reason why Nintendo Characters like Mario and Link are not in other console's games because they are specifically owned by Nintendo.
    Thanks for clearing that one up for me. My memory was a bit hazy when I replied earlier about the ownership of characters. I also forgot that sony doesn't make games.

Member #
    Friends
    I want to see Picachu's head explode! Is that too much to ask?
    Yes. Super Smash Bros (Insert title version here) is targeted towards a G rated audience. That's why there's no blood or characters being hacked to bits in the game.

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    but its rated teen. well ssbm is and i would suppose ssbb would be the same
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by linkzeldagame
    Yes. Super Smash Bros (Insert title version here) is targeted towards a G rated audience. That's why there's no blood or characters being hacked to bits in the game.
    I know and by the way, I never really liked the whole exploding head trick; I think they put it in the game to get publicity. I think one of the major strong points of SSB is the lack of gore. You can play it with your best friend, younger sibling (if you have one), really anybody.

Today when games like Condemed and GTA are big sellers, it's really difficult to find a game without stranglings, decapatations, etc. I'm glad the makers of SSB have stayed true to their original concept by creating a great brawler, rather than just another killer.
    Last edited by NateTheGreat; 07-10-2006 at 09:00 PM.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    i dont really care for gore. that would make it more realistic and thats not ssb
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Member #
    Friends
    3498-5538-0554-5440
    New rumour to hit the wire for Super Smash Bros Brawl today.

On a Japanese blog apparently run by a programmer for Super Smash Bros Brawl, they've released two new secrets about Super Smash Bros Brawl.

One of the secrets are that each level will feature destructable terrain that will burn, blow up or even crumble away.

The second secret is that characters will be customizable. Each character will have an array of new moves which you can assign and adjust including speed and power statistics, and even the ability to customise costumes.

It is still unknown as to whether or not this will be included for online play, but it would be an awesome feature if it is.

Update!

Just a note that my translation isn't 100%. From what I've had translated, these are only a few of the details, but the information can be received in different ways... I'll get some people to verify it before I upload it for you guys to speculate over further along with the original text and source...

Please, I urge everyone to take this rumour with a pinch of salt. Just because it originates from a Japanese blog, doesn't make it real.
    Source

"The Legend"

Member #
    Friends
    characters will be customizable. Each character will have an array of new moves which you can assign and adjust including speed and power statistics
    Hmmm...

Im not sure about the reliability of the source you quoted from. It might be true or not. Whenever I hear about these new games that are going to come out in the near future I don't look up everything about these games as I can find as it can spoil the surprise that these games have in them.

Eg when I had SSBM, one of the fun things with the game was collecting trophies and unlocking secret characters - even if I didn't know who they are.
    One such surprise was unlocking Ganondorf when I was doing event mode.

IF characters were to be customisable then that would somewhat ruin the game IMO. The fun part of SSBM was to pick a character that you liked fighting with best or becoming better at a character that didn't suit your fighting style and duking it out with your friends.
    For example worst char --> Ice Climbers. Not very flexible with my fighting style as I tend to mix aerials and standard attacks together, and the Ice Climbers' speed and partnering (Esp with Nana) hindered that style I was used to.

Options and specifics with characters - if I chose a character like Capt Falcon and adjusted his standard attack power, making it weaker and changed his aerials, making them stronger, I'd have an extreme version of a character that would own everyone with aerials. Its kind of like playing chess with someone and making the rules up at the beginning of the game. Eg I choose every chess piece that's on my side to have moves based around the queen. Takes the fun out of the game doesn't it?

The basic essence of any game is to be given a set of limits for various situations (or characters) and have a number of options for these characters. Chess is a good example. Queen has the the smallest limit in the game and alot of options, making her hard to strategise against. The pawn has only two options and can only move one spot upwards or diagonally, depending if the pawn can remove an opposing chess piece on the board.

Another game would be tetris. Each block has been given many options during the event as they fall down to the block/ ground. There is one simple goal - to fit the pieces so that it fills a complete row.

Making comparisions with SSB and chess and tetris, SSB places various limits on each character in the game. The basic goal of the game is to throw your opponent out of the screen / stage and you are given many options as to how to achieve your goal. In the same way the goal of chess is to checkmate your opponent or get rid of his pieces. Or in tetris to get rid of the blocks that pile up on the screen by filling up a complete row of blocks. And they all have many options that lead achieving their goals.

SSBM is very similar to the scissors / paper / rock game that we all play as a kid. Scissors defeats paper. Paper defeats rock. Rock defeats scissors. In SSBM, attacking defeat grabbing. shielding defeats attacking. grabbing defeats shielding.

One of the secrets are that each level will feature destructable terrain that will burn, blow up or even crumble away.
    Anyone ever played bomberman 64? Multiplayer mode? I have. What made it fun is that it followed the similar principles that SSBM uses. When playing multiplayer mode, if the time runs out (usually 5 or 10 mins limit) the arena would flood or burn or be pelted with rocks falling from the sky. This was what detracted from the fun of the multiplayer game. It interfered with the player's intention of beating another player and destroyed everyone in the process. The person who managed to survive this event for the longest ended up winning that multiplayer event. Ultimately it ended the game through random events (luck) rather than through the player's skill or strategy.

My two cents on that rumor article...

Cheers Stuart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads