Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    youtube helps lots.

Ganondorf "The King of Evil!"

2. Ads

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I suggest you also look up this website for more in depth training. Don't worry you're not alone with Falco. In fact you should be happy you chose him because Falco and Fox are regarded as top characters in the game. I also suggest you never do Up B in battles as an attack, only as a recovery move as it leaves you vulnerable to attack when you free fall.

This is the website: smashboards.com

I'm al hell lot better with Marth than I was when I last posted here. And I also know of the Ken combo. It's a Marth specific move and it requires you to be sufficiently trained with the SHFFLs, and the Dair spike as well as the Double Fair in a short hop moves. Yikes that's alot to learn - I still can't do it effectively as I still have a bit of inconsistency with the Double Fairs. The Dair spike is currently being worked on.

The Ken combo is SHFFL Nair, SHFFL Double Fair, Dair. I'll post a youtube video of it here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_syhEbvmYU
    You can beat bowser with this move in about 5 seconds - better than the Ganondorf move lol.

The ICs are fundamentally a combo powerhouse. I mean it. Once you get the hang of desynch basics with the ICs it will almost be like controlling two people at once. Their power in Melee battles come from desyncs and grab combos. Eg Grab, headbutt, blizzard, then a side c-stick throw instead of a side normal throw. Nana smashes the opponent while he's being thrown away from popo - instant kills for many characters with >120% hp if they don't know how to survive properly.

I also suggest you look up this video for advanced tech training - http://youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE

Darkness Within!!!!!!!!! ganondorf234's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    the guy that is marth is good as.

Curently in Training... Air4ceSquirrel's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I have that already bookmarked, lol, that is what is going to help me with my training, vids 1-3 lol

I Challenge all who Oppose Me.

Member #
    Friends
    Glad to hear someone is interested in learning more about SSBM advanced tactics

Member #
    Friends
    well, i thought i was amazing, then i typed in SSBM pros in youtube search, and i saw wak107 with some training things, i also watched matches between pros and i was in awe, i new i could maybe get to that lvl, and i want to try, so i watched the 3 vids bookmarked it and i am now under going training to be able to do the things he talks about.

Member #
    Friends
    what is really the point of training in ssbm when ssbb is coming out soon?

Member #
    Friends
    You really are stupid aren't you? If you have a solid foundation of melee then many of your knowledge of the game will be applied to super smash brawl. Although I was a late starter in the melee game, I learnt all I could so that I am ready for brawl when it finally comes out.

SSBB will have a very similar physics engine in it compared to SSBM so many of the stuff you know will be in brawl.

The characters will be revamped in brawl but the basic moves will stay the same, if not having better range or effectiveness. A bit like when they revamped SSB to improve on certain attributes such as throwing. That move was too powerful in SSB so they cut down its effectiveness in melee so that it became a much weaker attack. But now you can chaingrab

Member #
    Friends
    i know most of tech.
    just watch letal ganondorf. now thats how i play.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by linkzeldagame
    If you have a solid foundation of melee then many of your knowledge of the game will be applied to super smash brawl.

i agree with you and that is persicly why i am doing this training, if you can dodge the same way in SSBB then you will still be able to wavedash/shield/land and you willk still be able to SHFFL as well. the only thing making my training hard, is my non-responsive controller... i broke my other one when playing Custom Robo, or was it Fire Emblem Path of Radiance..? More than likely Custom Robo, lol ... not really laughing... the BX (our shopping area only had 3rd party controlers when i went to get a new one) they only had the mad catz one with the longer handle with the grip pads, ewwww, i hate it so much but i needed a controler. I heard they have the normal ones to now, so i just need to go buy a new orange one, unless one of you wanna help a military member, ... I had one, it was perfect, then i threw it against the wall, then grabbed it and punted my gamecube, and tossed it to it like it was a football pass for the game winner at the superbowl, use your imagination for the rest, i love how durable the gamecubes are, the only system i will do that to, just because i know it can with stand any kind of tourture... i mean punishment, or uhh, i mean, anger resleasing...yeah, that... . but yeah, the controler doesn't respond fast enough for me, i can't wave dash with it that well, and that is all my friend uses... i don't see how... @.@... anyways, but yes i agree with you on the whole SSBM stuff carying over to SSBB in a way, maybe lessend or not... who know?!?!?! Dum, Dum, Dummmmm, the plot thinkens!
    Last edited by Air4ceSquirrel; 09-26-2006 at 09:39 PM.

Ads