LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    if you put it in your wii then that was the mistake you did, if you put it in your PC then i have no idea and it's best to contact nintendo
    Wii=Still Searching
    DS lite(white)=Thinking weather or not buy one...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by intekmdma
    that way the wii can get a wifi connection via usb through PC
    Yea..i know. From his post it sounds like he stuck it in the WII usb ports.

Member #
    Friends
    7291-8669-0815-1621
    Also remember that having an active firewall (yes Windows one too) the Wifi dongle won't work for you. im sorry to also say that the imfamous Zone Alarm is the worst against Nintendo. you have to completely shut it down in order for it to act on impulse. i didnt know that and was trying to configure this for 18 hours . finally i managed to figure it out and this is the only real problem i faced. problem now being that ive just moved house and so i cant have the internet until january! WHY..WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?
    91 Pin Strike on Wii Sports, Oooooohhhh Yeah!

Member #
    Friends
    You must disable all firewalls, then enable sharing internet connecting with your default active connection, If it still fails then you must enable internet sharing with the device, If the device isn't detectable as a network connection in Network Connections in Control Panel, uninstall the device and reinstall it.

I've used both a WI-FI max and a WIFI connecter

-----IF YOU HAVE A ROUTER-------
    Give your self a Static ip on your computer(To see how to do this on your router go to the manufacturers website)

Then enable DMZ for your computer on the router(see manufacturers website)

Member #
    Friends
    0430-9009-6263-5525
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiiplay88
    Also remember that having an active firewall (yes Windows one too) the Wifi dongle won't work for you. im sorry to also say that the imfamous Zone Alarm is the worst against Nintendo. you have to completely shut it down in order for it to act on impulse. i didnt know that and was trying to configure this for 18 hours . finally i managed to figure it out and this is the only real problem i faced. problem now being that ive just moved house and so i cant have the internet until january! WHY..WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?
    i have my zone alarm running and wifi workng 100% or you need to do is config it right..... when i get home onto my pc i give images/walkthrougth for zone alarm with wifi adpter
    Wii Username:MII123 Wii Online Code: 0430-9009-6263-5525
    Mario Strikers Charged Football 395237 869217

Wii, 3XWiimotes, nunchuck, Classic Controller,1GB sd

Part of The WDSRT(Wiichat Ds Review Team)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo
    After installing the software, my computer freezes and I constantly have to reboot, I did a search on google, but all I could find was a few people who encountered the same problem, but couldn't find a solution.

I'm just glad I finally figured out why my computer was being so crappy.
    computer freezes after installing software...hmmm are you doing other things while it installs like multi tasking? if you dont have atleast gig of ram in your computer or a decent cpu it will freeze. close all other programs and reinstall software..if still freezes go to the website of the company that made the device and look for some kind of patch that prabably came out ..if it still freezes then i dont know maybe malware spyware or a virus im just guessing here ..is your windows update up to date? sometimes that can freeze y our comp after youinstall a software my other pc froze on me wen i installing service pack 2 because i didnt have all the updates for service pack 1 or you can go to a computer forum there some geeks out there that knows every thing lol as they helped me out alot..oh another thing disable windows firewall if you have another one as windows firewall sometimes causes some conflict with software trying to connect to the net zonealarm is a good and free all you need to do is configure it

26 sets of flat batteries Wii17's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1950-4861-6176-4135
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii17
    if i have been help please leave good rep
    unlike some people who leave bad rep for no reason
    ok someone gave me bad rep for being "cocky" when all i have tried to do is help in previous posts which is why i asked for good rep so why give me bad rep for this post, everyone asks for rep so people know your helpful ffs you get some c*ckheads on this site a couple people gave me good rep after i asked coz i was helpful so why do some people have to be tards god d*mn*t

Currently own :
    Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Need For Speed: Carbon.

(In order of purchase)

Accessories : 2 Wiimotes, 2 Nunchucks

WiiChat Member johnny_rocket2210's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    My software was the problem it kept freezing up on me. So I just went out and bought a WLAN it is working perfect now! Plus I can now use my PSP to surf the net. Anyone know when more vitual games will be available for the wii?

Member #
    Friends
    6190-8629-4704-5295
    Could have used this program:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/390312

Works perfectly and plus you could connect your PSP to it also. Ah well, the WLAN would probably do you better over the long run anyway.

Member #
    Friends
    4217-6225-9895-3675
    Heh heh, I meant it freezes at apparently random intervals... well I mean it did... I was uninstalling it as per the instructions on nintendo's wifi connection website to install updated drivers, but the uninstall was taking forever, so I went to bed, and when I woke up the computer was off and it won't turn on.us (I reckon coincidentally the power supply went poof)

Installed the wifi drivers on the computer in the other room, and so far it's only froze on rare occasions.
    Having personal problems? (Game related or otherwise) Wii can help you find the answer. Wiihelp@gmail.com

Ads