LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Taste and opinion, precisely, but what I meant is that if you hate nintendo, you arnt a gamer.
    [/URL]
    [/URL]
    \\....//\\....//..O...O................Join the Revolution.
    ..\\//....\\//....||...||....................Together, Wii can change the world.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I seriously don't get why people care if consoles play dvds, I mean don't you have a PC and a DVD player anyway? I had an Xbox (sold it because after DOA 4 and Halo there was nothing else worth playing) which I used as a dvd player but the playback sucked so I switched to using my PC.
    "You Mac users... are on your way to hell. A weird, glossy white plastic hell"

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmGen
    I seriously don't get why people care if consoles play dvds, I mean don't you have a PC and a DVD player anyway? I had an Xbox (sold it because after DOA 4 and Halo there was nothing else worth playing) which I used as a dvd player but the playback sucked so I switched to using my PC.
    I see it the same way, I mean why do people care about any of that extra crap at all? We buy game systems for what they're GAME systems, not because there's some added technology that doesnt have anything to do with our gaming experience.
    [/URL]
    [/URL]
    ..\\//....\\//....||...||....................Together, Wii can change the world.

Member #
    Friends
    Like I can see with the Playstations that it is viewed as a cheap way of getting a new media player (since ps2's were cheap DVD players and the PS3 is a cheap blu ray player) but honestly it is irrelevant to gaming. Honestly, I think the playstation has some quite good games for it, but the price is just stupid, cutting technology would not affect those good games. For the Xbox... okay my non-serious, anti-xbox answer is that its for people without friends, that's why so few games have splitscreen multiplayer and it's all online, but seriously, it lacks good games, especially exclusive good games. Maybe I will get a playstation when the price drops and when the 2nd version comes out, or an xbox if the releases pick up, but the only console you can be confident that it will be affordable, non-buggy, with enough solid games released is the wii.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stoukaph
    Gulag? What does that have to do with gaming?
    Yeah, I'm going to have to agree. That guy talking about gulag makes no...wait that's me!!

I'm so bad when it comes to spelling sometimes. I meant to say goulash: an eclectic and uncoordinated mixture of something, not gulag: an acronym, meaning Glavnoe Upravlenie Lagerei, or Main Camp Administration.

Hahaha, this conversation has gotten so off topic thanks to me. I promise to always type odd words into google before I post.

Anyway, now back to the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gewtin
    Interesting. Well no offense but you're wrong about the whole "you're only a true gamer if you like nintendo". Its a matter of taste and opinion. Someone growing up playing nintendo is obviously going to be a fan of nintendo as I grew up a fan of sony. My first video game I ever played ever was Medievil for Playstation and ever since I've stuck with the playstation. Well personally I think ps3 will win if the console runs the way its supposed to and there aren't faults in it. But there probably will be on launch and they'll probably have to fix it like every other console. Yea about that whole blu-ray thing what exactly is it and how is it ahead of time? And just out of curiosity, I always thoguht gamecube was a panzy cause it couldn't play dvd's or cd's. Im assuming the Wii will be able to play dvd's and cd's right? And possibly more?
    I agree with you on this one, Gewtin. You don't have to be a fan of any console to truly be a gamer. My uncle was the only reason I started with a SNES; up until then, I didn't know anything about videogames. I was born in 1988 and live in central-Missouri so give me a break here, everyone. From there, I sold that after a few years and bought an N64, my favorite console of all; Starfox64 was my favorite because of the scope and style it had.

I could just as easily have been given a Playstation and would probably grown fond of it instead, or a PC and gone that route.

Now, what I said in that first post was a bit long winded and obviously a bit confussing. I should have said all consoles and their strenghts and weaknesses when it comes to hardware, but it's the games that we play, not the console itself. If a console doesn't have enough interesting games, or has weaker versions (meaning poor graphics, no online play where the other version do, etc) of games that are available on all consoles, I can't justify the cost. When I bought the gamecube, I liked it, but soon found the Xbox to have most of the games I played on the Xbox but with better graphics and online play.

Every next-gen console, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii, I believe are the best for what they are made for.

PS3 will have the best looking games, many of which will be fun to play, it'll get the weird/cool games like Katamari Damacy and Rez, and all of it's great franchises, GTA, Jak, Rachet&Clank, MGS, etc. will come out as the best version (unlike in the past, where the Xbox version of GTA and MGS were better than the PS2).

The Xbox 360 will have the best exclusive shooters, a.k.a Halo 3 and Gears of War with more to follow and probably the best online setup because Xbox Live is THE BEST ONLINE SYSTEM currently and everyone knows that.

And Wii, of course, has the most innovative, and really, intelligent contoller ever conjured up; I had always thought before Wii, "if only you had some kind of joystick or pressure sensetive buttons on a keyboard so when you're playing FPSs on a PC, you would aim with the mouse like normal, and then push on a joystick so you could have variable speed, rather than two actions: moving and not moving." Already, Nintendo has shown they have 3rd party support from EA, Ubisoft, Sega, and Activison (the Tony Hawk makers) and each company wants to develop their game specificly for the hardware to make it a new/exciting experience. At the same time two out of the three Nintendo-staple-series, Zelda and Metroid (Mario being the third), will be available at launch.

I don't think any specific console is beating another. We, the gamers, are the winners this time around.

...and they all lived happily ever after. The End.
    Last edited by NateTheGreat; 07-22-2006 at 07:54 PM.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    Yea well, I hope re5's graphics are as good as the RE1 remake cuz ****ing hell when i saw those graphics i was like "theres no way gamecube can do that". Well anyways i agree the ps3 is ****ing expensive which is basically the only thing stopping its garunteed first place. Also there arent alot of good launch titles, the better games are prepared for 2007 and 2008. But this is just theb eginning right, go back to 2000 when ps2 first came out and like 2002 when xbox and gamecube came out. Now its 2006. Imagine the games in 2010!! Anyways ps3 for me im just here to read about what ps3 is up against and im pretty sure it will beat the 360. Sony has held the crown for the best console twice now for both playstation and playstation 2. Lets see what ps3 turns out to be. Seeing as how im talking about ps3 so much on a nintendo site, i heard theres a re game coming out for wii? Whats its name and whats gonig to be happening in it?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gewtin
    Yea well, I hope re5's graphics are as good as the RE1 remake cuz ****ing hell when i saw those graphics i was like "theres no way gamecube can do that". Well anyways i agree the ps3 is ****ing expensive which is basically the only thing stopping its garunteed first place. Also there arent alot of good launch titles, the better games are prepared for 2007 and 2008. But this is just theb eginning right, go back to 2000 when ps2 first came out and like 2002 when xbox and gamecube came out. Now its 2006. Imagine the games in 2010!! Anyways ps3 for me im just here to read about what ps3 is up against and im pretty sure it will beat the 360. Sony has held the crown for the best console twice now for both playstation and playstation 2. Lets see what ps3 turns out to be. Seeing as how im talking about ps3 so much on a nintendo site, i heard theres a re game coming out for wii? Whats its name and whats gonig to be happening in it?
    Exactly, all the great PS3 titles arnt going to be out until next year, which is why the PS3 fails to me at the moment.
    [/URL]
    [/URL]

Wii online moderator registerednerd's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I like the idea of the rumors on Wii, where if you want to play DVD's you can pay for that, or if you don't, then don't pay for it and it won't do it out of the box.
    ... but what do I know?...
    Not currently accepting friend adds.

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I always thought gamecube was a panzy cause it couldn't play dvd's or cd's. Im assuming the Wii will be able to play dvd's and cd's right? And possibly more?
    and
    I seriously don't get why people care if consoles play dvds
    Oh please! I don't care if the GC had access to DVDs and CDs, or whether I could play PC games on it, personally I would rather play them on my PC or in the CD/DVD player next to the GC in my lounge room. These extra features enhance the console but they don't improve the quality of the games that are played on these consoles. I didn't mind at all about the small disc size for the GC games as I knew straight away that Nintendo was trying to minimise the loading times that often disrupt game flow for XBOX, PS# and PC. When I played Metroid Prime the graphics were great quality and the gameplay great fun and there was hardly any loading times - longest was about 3 - 4 seconds. And I didn't realise the loading time because it was a video clip that was very cleverly placed when changing from level to level showing Samus Aran standing on the portal and moving to another while on the moving portal. The loading data was being run at the same time as the video clip and there were no load bars at all in this game.

I'm sure everyone knows that the larger the disc used in the game console for playing a game, the longer the loading time it takes to load the game so that you can play it.

I don't think any specific console is beating another. We, the gamers, are the winners this time around.
    Interesting statement. It's almost like saying consoles will never win if there are no people to get them interested in them in the first place. Same with games.

The Xbox 360 will have the best exclusive shooters, a.k.a Halo 3 and Gears of War with more to follow and probably the best online setup because Xbox Live is THE BEST ONLINE SYSTEM currently and everyone knows that.
    Thats almost like playing computer games again but in the lounge room instead of the computer room. Hence the reason I don't like XBOX. Online playing? Sounds like fun, tried it, enjoyed it but I find its a hell lot more fun playing against someone in the same room. Super Smash Bros Melee anyone?
    Another thing is that I get dead bored with FPS as they are all the same really and there's not much change from one FPS to another. Halo vs TimeSplitters is an example. Although I've played doom 1. That was fun even tho the graphics sucked real bad relative to my GC and the computer games that are currently in store.

Someone growing up playing nintendo is obviously going to be a fan of nintendo
    I admit I grew up with Nintendo as a school kid and am still a fan of their games!

Member #
    Friends
    The other thing with the FPS's is that they play far better on a mouse and keyboard than on a control pad and since just about all xbox shooters are on pc, that sort of debunks it. I really don't have a problem with playstation (except that I think the technology raising the price is bad for them), and I think once the price drops and the next releases in sony's exclusive series come it will really hit off, but, especially with its rejection by Japan, I have no faith in the xbox
    Last edited by RhythmGen; 07-23-2006 at 03:34 AM.

Ads