Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii vs Xbox

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3401-8126-5359-2546
    it all depends on the games you like,if youre on to gears of war,and new GTA spinoffs then get the 360,if you are in to innovation,good RPG's and adventure games,and AAA games from nintendo then get the wii.

"I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!"

Member #
    Friends
    why do i feel that xbox360 is a bit old? (compared to ps3 and wiii) it's still very good but... i think wii sales might be more? i love the 3 of them but wii is the most special and impressive!!

WiiChat Member Deathmetalmaster's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    xbox is cool, but if you have patience with the wii, it will make you happier than all the other systems combined.
    Death to false metal!

Hail Nintendo!

wii code: 6051-7035-5717-2964

User Name: Shinden

Member #
    Friends
    Dude, use the money towards a new TV. 360 game on a standard definition CRT TV doesn't look that much better than Xbox 1 games.

Last black Friday, one of my buddies bought a 26" Sylvania LCD HDTV for $499 after rebate.

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Imo, i would highly suggest getting the Wii instead. Having a 360 and no high def tv to play it on is a huge loss imho. Having a standard will make you unable to experience the full graphical potential of the 360. The Wii however doesn't really do full high def and is great on standard, so you're not really missing out on anything. Just my opinion. But with the game lineup, it'll depend on what games you like. such as the Wii is coming out with mario and mp3 next year and zelda is already out. If you want those games, then a Wii is a good choice. The 360 offers great games too, such as halo series, gears of war, and etc. tons of different games. But remember, halo is only on xbox and mario/zelda/mp is only on nintendo.

Member #
    Friends
    1858-1536-2592-3221
    Quote Originally Posted by Okinuza
    Well, you are forgetting that the Xbox 360 came out last year, so dont forget last years games to add to all the awesome games on the 360, and also, dont forget that the online for the 360 is currently and probably will burn the Wiis online like hell!
    I thought you were smart for a second until I read your signature. The weather outside is nice, whether or not I will wear a coat is a decision I must make.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WizKid
    Hi. I'm stumped. I'm about to get an Xbox 360 on Friday, but now I'm not quite sure...I have a standard def tv, and would need need to get the that $15 doodad RCA Y gizmo at RadioShack in order to use either console.

And no, I (among others) do not like the fact the the {RI,MP}AA are forcing HDTV down our throats.

No thank you, but I do not want to loose my fair use rights by means of HDCP.

Sadly, Charter is slowly killing the analog channel lineup in my area.

And, probably a flicker fixer for the TV and such. The main question is, will there be a noticable difference between the two on a standard def TV between the two?

For anybody wondering why there are 6 'mad' symbols, as they say:

"One, two, three strikes you're out at the old ball game!"

As in, "screw you, **AA!!!!"

Another reason why was because (from the recent X-Play 'Best of 06' awards, the Wii got 4, while the Xbox got 3. Huh? I don't know what to think.

I am thinking about getting an Xbox because with the Wii, you would have to:

- Get either the LinkSys EtherFast USB adapter or the 'official' (sic, branded ) Nintendo adapter.
    - An ethernet cable

Whereas with the Xbox, I would maybe only have to get a 5 cent RJ45 coupler if the included cable isn't long enough (I already have a 7" cable)
    no one is forcing you onto hd
    and honestly, i didnt notice a difference between playing on HD at my friends house and on my TV here
    and 360 needs an ethernet cable but it comes with one

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Quote Originally Posted by sovieto
    and honestly, i didnt notice a difference between playing on HD at my friends house and on my TV here
    Oh, there is a difference! Maybe since you play at your friend's house, you can't really compare them right next to each other. If you have them side by side, you will see a very big difference! First time i got my HD, i thought that it wasn't a big deal but when i had my SDTV right next to my HD, there's a major difference! Ask your friend to switch between channels like Fox. Fox has an HD channel and a regular channel, switch back and forth and you'll see the difference.

Member #
    Friends
    6258-4013-0776-5311
    I think in the long run you'd be way better off with a wii. Especially once developers get the controls down and throw out some killer first person shooters, because this system will be killer once it gets some more FPS's and Mario of course. Plus all the great VC games every monday, a great browser and something new.

If you can afford it, get the 360 now and the Wii in a year.

Add me please, I need friends on my Wii. Just PM me if you add me so I can add you back. Thanks.

Member #
    Friends
    4683-8466-6765-2704
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver
    Having a 360 and no high def tv to play it on is a huge loss imho. Having a standard will make you unable to experience the full graphical potential of the 360.
    So you suggest the Wii because you wont ever have great graphics so its no loss? You guys are giving terrible advice. The Wii has like 2 games worth a $hit. The 360 has so many more great games and much better marketplace games (UMK3, Doom, Street Fighter 2, etc......) Buying a Wii right now over the 360 is like buying the PS3 for $1,000. Its just not worth it yet.

P.S. If anybody tells you to buy the Wii for Zelda then I suggest you play it on the GC. Graphics are identical and the controls are so much better on the GC. And if any fanboy here tries to tell you otherwise its because they cant afford anything but a $250 system. Didnt the SNES cost $250 when it came out?
    Last edited by Lethal; 12-21-2006 at 08:25 AM.

Ads