LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Wii win the next gen wars system32's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Ya my local best buy had 12 ps3 just sitting around looking for a buyer. Ps3 is a waste of money better to buy a 360 or a computer. Wii is the best

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Lol, this is so funny to hear. Sony made such a mistake going too big too soon. Ppl jut aren't ready to commit to a DVD player they don't need and a price too big.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Wii win the next gen wars system32's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Ya the wii si so cheap many grandparents are buying it. When i was in line to get mine 90% of the people in line were grandparents. Its cheap enough for them to buy. I have a ps3 and its not worth 600. wii is cheaper and much more fun.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by system32
    Ya the wii si so cheap many grandparents are buying it. When i was in line to get mine 90% of the people in line were grandparents. Its cheap enough for them to buy. I have a ps3 and its not worth 600. wii is cheaper and much more fun.
    That's another reason it will sell more, good point.

The Wii is just plain better...it must be admitted. If i'm correct, didn't IGN say that the Wii is the best out of the 3 consoles and that it will win this gen?

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    4264-5043-1448-2578
    Quote Originally Posted by ekosix
    I walked into Costco last night, greeted by an entire pallete stacked with $700+ PS3 special bundles. The electronics guy was standing behind it with a smug look on his face, like he was so bad ass because he had PS3's. But it didn't look like a single unit had been sold. Tool. I had to laugh.
    Lol. You know here in Chicago, I went to Game Crazy and they also had a PS3 bundle. But for the 60 gig pack they wanted $1200 Where as my boss at work bought a Wii bundle for $500. He got a extra controller with nunchuck, Twilight Princess, and a SD card. The Wii bundles sold out more than the PS3. I also heard that some of the PS3 lineup games were actually disapponting. Is that true? If so, thats gotta be a sting to Sony.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups! Be my friend <3

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, doesn't help Sony's cause with all the crappy launch titles. PS3 will get a lot better once some of the more recognized game titles come out, but for now they're taking a bath in lost revenue. I forgot the estimated numbers, but Sony is going to lose HUGE amounts of money this year, versus Nintendo which is going to MAKE HUGE amounts of money this year. They definitely have a smart business platform going right now.

And the Blue Ray stuff is still up in the air.

Slapping some new DVD technology with a gaming console doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. And I'm sure that's a big reason why it costs so much. I hope it fails just for that sake alone. I don't like the heavy handed approach they are giving Blue Ray. Let the consumers decide what is best.

Scaring the neighbors TurboJeff's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7556-4596-0993-9597
    I was in my local EBgames yesterday. The clerk and I were talking about the Wii system. He mentioned they got 7 PS3 units in on Tuesday. On Wednesday, he still had 2 left. He said most people are looking for the Wii over the PS3. I've also had a 360 for about a year, and see no point right now in getting a PS3. The Blu-Ray DVD would be cool, but I'm holding out until the HD DVD format war is settled.
    Wii system bought 12/19/06

Member #
    Friends
    Entered my local Circuit City to see a sign posted as soon as you walk in stating "temporarily out of Wii's", then about 10 feet further, another sign stating the same thing. After walking through the store I've noticed they had about 8 PS3's just sitting there.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Miss Foxxxy
    Lol. You know here in Chicago, I went to Game Crazy and they also had a PS3 bundle. But for the 60 gig pack they wanted $1200 Where as my boss at work bought a Wii bundle for $500. He got a extra controller with nunchuck, Twilight Princess, and a SD card. The Wii bundles sold out more than the PS3. I also heard that some of the PS3 lineup games were actually disapponting. Is that true? If so, thats gotta be a sting to Sony.
    I've played Resistance (awesome), Blazing Angels (crappy resolution), and some demos (Motorstorm). By far motorstorm is the only game I might want to buy, the rest just don't do it for me...

Member #
    Friends
    I didn't really expect the Wii to be much of a success... at least, I didn't half a year ago.
    Like, nobody I asked knew what a Wii was (don't get the impression I go up to people and ask.. it was more of a conversation thing), and the only people that said they were gunna get one were my creepy cousins and some random people on the internet.

Ads