LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    I made a thread like this, if u look up here http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...incidence.html so maybe is a coincidence too that u post this

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    2854-2598-5588-7883
    I think Nintendo will not announce the release date and price in September but in August. Here's why I think so:

Update: Since Nintendo will not be holding a keynote speech at the Tokyo Game Show, the likelihood of Nintendo related news at that event has been moved to low. I also added the DigitalLife expo, which I had previously overlooked.

IEMA Summit
    18th - 20th of July 2006

Description: The Interactive Entertainment Merchants Association´s annual summit.
    Venue: Hyatt Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, Huntington Beach, California, USA
    Notes: The IEMA Executive Summit is a retail purchasing show bringing together the leading merchants and publishers to discuss topically-important industry issues and conduct purchasing meetings. It´s apparently a trade-only event.
    Likelihood of Nintendo related news very low.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Online Gaming China 2006
    25th - 26th of July 2006

Description: Optimizing marketing competitiveness, profitable game development and revenue strategies, organized by the International Quality & Productivity Center
    Venue: Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel, Shanghai, China
    Notes: There is no full list of exhibitors, this is possibly a workshop and session only event. Nintendo not on the speakers list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Siggraph
    29th of July - 3rd of August 2006

Description: The 33rd International Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, organized by the Association for Computing Machinery Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques
    Venue: Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
    Notes: Co-located with Sandbox - an ACM Video Game Symposium. Nintendo not an exhibitor.

Edinburgh International Games Festival 2006
    21st - 22nd of August 2006

Description: The festival celebrates the best of the interactive entertainment industry and creates an environment where the development and publishing community can celebrate the latest creative milestones and look to future innovations.
    Venues: Royal College of Physicians / Odeon, Edinburgh, UK
    Notes: Co-located with the EIEF06 Edge Award. Nintendo is on the sponsors list.
    Likelihood of Nintendo related news high.

Games Convention 2006
    21st - 27th of August 2006

Description: Europe´s biggest gaming expo.
    Venue: Leipziger Messe, Leipzig, Germany
    Notes: Co-located with GC Developer Conference. Nintendo is on the exhibitors list. Wii console is expected playable at the event.
    Likelihood of Nintendo related news very high.

PAX 06
    25th - 27th of August 2006

Description: Penny Arcade Expo
    Venue: Meydenbauer Center, Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Notes: PAX is a three-day game festival for tabletop, videogame, and PC gamers. Nintendo is on the sponsors list.
    Likelihood of Nintendo related news high.

Toronto Independent Games Conference
    31st of August - 2nd of September 2006

Description: 2nd educational conference and trade event for game developers, with a strong focus on 3rd party "indie" developers, hobbyists, and students.
    Venue: George Brown College, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Notes: Largely academic speakers, full event schedule not yet published.
    Likelihood of Nintendo related news low.

Austin Game Conference
    6th - 8th of September 2006

Description: 4th conference for online and networked game development, including massively multiplayer online games, casual games, online PC and console games.
    Venue: Austin Convention Center, Austin, Texas, USA
    Notes: There is no full list of exhibitors, this is possibly a workshop and session only event. Co-located with Game Writers Conference, Casual Games Conference and Game Audio Conference. Nintendo not on the speakers list.

TGS 2006
    22nd - 24th of September 2006

Description: 10th Tokyo Game Show, organized by The Computer Entertainment Supplier's Association (CESA) and Nikkei Business Publications, Inc. Asia´s biggest gaming expo.
    Venue: Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan
    Notes: Nintendo is no exhibitor (like last year) and will not hold a keynote speech. Sony Computer Entertainment´s Ken Kutaragi and Square Enix´ Yoichi Wada are occupying the opening keynote slots, according to the Japanese TGS 2006 site. The English speakers list is still to be published.

DigitalLife 2006
    12th - 15th of October 2006

Description: DigitalLife is a four-day consumer event, produced by Ziff Davis Media. Products include, home entertainment, TVs, consumer electronics, home networking, gaming hardware and software, PCs and laptops, mobile technologies such as phones, PDAs, MP3 players as well as digital culture.
    Venue: Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York City, New York, USA
    Notes: Nintendo is not attending. Xbox is one of the main sponsors.

GameCity 2006
    25th - 29th of October 2006

Description: 1st Annual Interactive Entertainment Festival, GameCity aims to entertain, inform and educate individuals, industry and the public sector on the value and the potential of interactive entertainment for everyone. Venue: Not Specified, Nottingham, UK
    Notes: Since it´s the first such event, little is known about it. There is no exhibitors list.

vgXpo 2006
    27th - 29th October 2006

Description: 2nd America's VideoGame Expo
    Venue: Valley Forge Convention Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
    Notes: Nintendo not on the provisional exhibitors list .

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    U are a fake, this isnt ur theory, anyway if u think im wrong here is the link The original one not the HG one

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    2854-2598-5588-7883
    It's not really a theory, it's what I REALLY think. I just think Nintendo could reveal the price and date at either the Edinburgh International Games Festival 2006, the Games Convention 2006, or at PAX 06. I don't think you're wrong, I've heard all about the Oct. 2nd speculation, and I am hoping it's true like most people.
    Last edited by gameking2006; 07-25-2006 at 08:47 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadium
    U are a fake, this isnt ur theory, anyway if u think im wrong here is the link The original one not the HG one
    Arcadium, re-read the posts, he never said that it was his theory, he said that it was someone elses.... Please read carefully...

And for the Roman Numeral theory, it would be neat, but its funny that they named it "Wii" because of that date. That would be funny if it was called "The Nintendo Wix" Console if they tried to get it to that numerical date hehe, i doubt that it was named for that reason.

- Scythe

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyther
    Arcadium, re-read the posts, he never said that it was his theory, he said that it was someone elses.... Please read carefully...

And for the Roman Numeral theory, it would be neat, but its funny that they named it "Wii" because of that date. That would be funny if it was called "The Nintendo Wix" Console if they tried to get it to that numerical date hehe, i doubt that it was named for that reason.

- Scythe
    well anyway sorry but sometimes im a little dunky

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    I bold anything thats not my writing.
    [/URL]
    [/URL]
    \\....//\\....//..O...O................Join the Revolution.
    ..\\//....\\//....||...||....................Together, Wii can change the world.

Member #
    Friends
    Here's a link that talks about the reasoning behind October 2: Cracking the Code. According to that article, Nintendo hinted on its release date.

Also, Walmart.com has a few Wii games' release dates for October 2nd.
    Last edited by Kalimar; 07-26-2006 at 11:50 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    the sooner they realase the wii the better and if it is before november I can ask it for my birthday. yeaaa!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Wow that would be outstanding.....and that was really bright of whoever figured that out

Ads