LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii to launch on October 2nd?

The fourth quarter begins on October 1. Now look at the list. At least one game is released every Monday in the fourth quarter except for the following dates: October 2, November 20 and November 27. November 27 is after Black Friday, so itís out. November 20 is after the launch of the PS3, so thatís out too. That leaves us with October 2. The Wii will launch on October 2.

Here is a crazy theory behind this date Iíve read a few times before on message boards but it basically goes like this: If you take the Wii and Ďconvertí it to Roman Numerals in such a way that it looks like ďVVIIĒ you get 552 which means that since two Vís donít go together you take the sum which becomes 10 (the month) and you leave the 2 on itís own (the date) which concludes that the Wii launch date is indeed October 2nd.

Gamestop once reported that they had information regarding titles that had a release date on October 2nd.

Could October 2nd be the release date of the Wii? It is known that Nintendo has release the N64, GCN, DS/Lite systems on a Sunday but is Nintendo changing that tradition? Hopefully Nintendo will make an announcement at next monthís German gaming convention.

Though I still doubt October 2nd, I would love it if it was true! But the decorder one definately got me thinking...but still we wont have the final release date until Nintendo says it themselves.
    [/URL]
    [/URL]
    \\....//\\....//..O...O................Join the Revolution.
    ..\\//....\\//....||...||....................Together, Wii can change the world.

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    thats a still a great date for me but i think your roman numerals theory is just random. i dont think they would plan like that...but thats just my opinion
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Member #
    Friends
    Not my Roman numeral theory, it's someone elses! I just read about it and got skeptical.
    [/URL]
    [/URL]
    ..\\//....\\//....||...||....................Together, Wii can change the world.

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    Quote Originally Posted by Homicidal_Gamer
    Not my Roman numeral theory, it's someone elses! I just read about it and got skeptical.
    oh, sorry. but yeah. it doesnt sound all that "smart". a lot of people have been doing that with other dates and they were stupid so....
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stoukaph
    oh, sorry. but yeah. it doesnt sound all that "smart". a lot of people have been doing that with other dates and they were stupid so....
    Yeah, but I really hope it is Oct.2nd that would just be awesome!
    [/URL]
    [/URL]

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    *is all giddy* >.>' (im weird). thats perfect for me because my b-day is just 4 days after but it would be better if it was before that. (better than perfect? )

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Oct.'s a gr8 time. Bring it on! The longer b4 my bday the more chance it will be in stock. Once again, BRING IT ON!!!!!

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    i hope it comes out then but i really doubt it. if they announce the release date in sept. i doubt they will make the date oct. 2nd. thats kinda dumb (but it would ****ing own lol)

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3498-5538-0554-5440
    Quote Originally Posted by Homicidal_Gamer
    Could October 2nd be the release date of the Wii? It is known that Nintendo has release the N64, GCN, DS/Lite systems on a Sunday but is Nintendo changing that tradition? Hopefully Nintendo will make an announcement at next monthís German gaming convention.

Though I still doubt October 2nd, I would love it if it was true! But the decorder one definately got me thinking...but still we wont have the final release date until Nintendo says it themselves.
    Nintendo said they would give release date and the price Wii in September, but i did hear that they will be bringing new games to the convention in Germany. I think an October release is very possible cuz THQ said that one of thier Wii gamesthat's a lauch title is being released in October.

"The Legend"

Member #
    Friends
    October 2nd... during midterms... bad bad timing
    "You Mac users... are on your way to hell. A weird, glossy white plastic hell"

Ads