LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wii graphics

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    [QUOTE=NateTheGreat]Since the PS2 came out before the Gamecube and Xbox, it doesn't have as good of graphics as either when it comes to games that release for all the consoles. However, there are some ugly Gamecube games and pretty PS2 games, but for the most part, the Gamecube is noticably better.[QUOTE]

Exactly, i think most people forgot that the ps2 came out a year and a half before the gc and xbox. The ps2's graphics were the worst of the last gen consoles, however they did sell 32 million ps2's

i think xbox has sole like 12 million to date (the xbox really blew in japan and wasnt liked at all)

dont know about the GC
    My Sig used to be really pretty and decorated with different pictues, but then photobucket decided to be a stupid little dirty sanchez. So now it is very plain.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiener
    Exactly, i think most people forgot that the ps2 came out a year and a half before the gc and xbox. The ps2's graphics were the worst of the last gen consoles, however they did sell 32 million ps2's

i think xbox has sole like 12 million to date (the xbox really blew in japan and wasnt liked at all)

dont know about the GC
    Wikipedia says here that Nintendo sold 20.85 million Gamecubes as of March 2006.

Wikipedia also says here 24 million Xboxs were sold as of Q2 2006, but next to that number it says citation is needed, so that number is not for sure.
    Last edited by NateTheGreat; 07-25-2006 at 07:33 PM.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    I think wii graphics will be better than the 360 anyway, nintendo hasnt said anything about the wii graphic processor and I think it will be a very big surprise anyway

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadium
    I think wii graphics will be better than the 360 anyway, nintendo hasnt said anything about the wii graphic processor and I think it will be a very big surprise anyway
    ....... yes they have ...

and no they wont be as good as the 360's. MANY people have confirmed that. the only way they could be better than the 360's is if nintendo makes changes before release
    My Sig used to be really pretty and decorated with different pictues, but then photobucket decided to be a stupid little dirty sanchez. So now it is very plain.

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiener
    and no they wont be as good as the 360's. MANY people have confirmed that. the only way they could be better than the 360's is if nintendo makes changes before release
    heh, i doubt they will make changes now because theyve already started prodution on the wii (not contradicting you). i think the wii will have the worst graphics of this generation. but i dont care! im getting one for TPhehe
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stoukaph
    heh, i doubt they will make changes now because theyve already started prodution on the wii (not contradicting you). i think the wii will have the worst graphics of this generation. but i dont care! im getting one for TPhehe
    If those graphics are better than Gamecube, which Nintendo said they will be, and atleast as good as Xbox, I'll be happy.

I never realized that it would be the weakest console when it comes to graphics this time around, sort of how the PS2 was the weakest last time. However, there are cool looking games like I've mentioned before: Sly Cooper, LOZ: Wind Waker, Katamari Damacy, older games like Rez, and upcoming games like Okami (which should totally be made for Wii; if you don't know about it, go here to get the basics and here to see a video).

Wii graphics-slycooper1.jpg

Wii graphics-0225_zeldawindbreaker21.jpg

Wii graphics-rez_13.jpg

Wii graphics-katamari-damacy-20040719045559298.jpg

Wii graphics-okami-20060717044401618.jpg

None of these games are photo-realistic, but that doesn't mean they have bad graphics; they're just unique/stylized.

And we've all seen Metroid Prime: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, and even the current-gen Resident Evil 4, so I'm guessing the weakest system graphically, Wii, will be able to stand on it's own when it comes to visuals.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    some people call non-photo-realistic games crap because they think good graphics are how much it looks like real life. i dont know about anyone else, but im getting tired of the cel-shaded graphics like WW. i liked them at first, but now there are way too many LoZ games like it. im glad that TP will be more realistic this time.
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Just found some encouraging news from UbiSoft, who said to IGN when talking about Rayman: Raving Rabbids (which they are making first for Wii and then will port it to 360 and PS3), said the following:

"We did a lot of good looking games on this generation of graphics processors," he explained to Nintendo Power. "The Wii hardware is more powerful than those, so that's good enough for us."

SOURCE

So, Wii is more powerful than PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox!!!

Here are some pics of the game (click to enlarge).
    Wii graphics-rayman-raving-rabbids-20060727023147401.jpgWii graphics-rayman-raving-rabbids-20060518022217308.jpgWii graphics-rayman-raving-rabbids-20060518022219558.jpg

While those pics don't really catch my attention, the following hilarious Rayman trailers below do; watch with the sound on and enjoy...and watch again!

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLa-_mwZCX0[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez4xm-Q1IZ0[/MEDIA]
    Last edited by NateTheGreat; 07-28-2006 at 09:38 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1979-1154-7425-1363
    Wow, that looks really good. I'm not surprised to hear that the Wii graphics will be better than last-gen since it has been a few years. But these are really good graphics. aloing with the new Red Steel graphics.

Member #
    Friends
    It is confirmed that the Wii's graphics are more powerful than the Xbox's graphics.
    [/URL]
    [/URL]
    \\....//\\....//..O...O................Join the Revolution.
    ..\\//....\\//....||...||....................Together, Wii can change the world.

Ads