LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    You guys should look at this vid it shows the gamecube being better than the other consoles in a fresh new perspective - and it also shows how shitty the PS2 was made to be lol.

here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBHH-...elated&search=

Member #
    Friends
    I think the Wii and the 360 could make a great combination. They both have some very interesting games (out and on the way), and they're both different enough from each other so that you don't feel like you're doing the same old thing. With it's low price the Wii could act as a sort of "complimentary" console for when 360 gamers (or PS3 gamers, for that matter) might get bored, or just want to do something different.

Member #
    Friends
    6319-9882-8659-0638
    Quote Originally Posted by linkzeldagame
    You guys should look at this vid it shows the gamecube being better than the other consoles in a fresh new perspective - and it also shows how shitty the PS2 was made to be lol.

here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBHH-...elated&search=
    woow the gamecube survived that big fall.. that's sick duude!

My name is Alan, gaming name is ZaLaN

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    the xbox did too. the faceplate just fell off and the cable came unconnected from the mobo. if they opened the xbox and pluged the cable back in, it woulda worked lol. the gamcube did a barral roll

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimar
    I beg to differ. The Nintendo Gamecube was not a flop at all! And what's more is that it is still dishing out games. Super Monkey Ball Adventure, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princesss, Super Paper Mario, Baten Kaitos Origins, DK Bongo Blast, Madden NFL 2007, The Movies, Lego Star Wars II, Pac-Man World Rally, Happy Feet, and an upcoming Kirby game are but a few from a list of games that are still coming down the tube! There has been a strong stream of games from launch date to today, and there are plenty of "quality titles" in that list. To make such an accusation against the Gamecube is of fanboy behavior and trails close to n00b.

The only reason someone would call it a "flop" would be because of the kiddy image that it was so wrongfully dubbed to. But I won't go into that since I already wrote a post on that subject. And during this stage, online gaming was not a necessity, but an extra feature. But some folks believed in the latter over the former. I still wouldn't call it a flop though since Nintendo really wasn't ready for online play. That all changes this next generation.

This still might be too early to tell. Microsoft could be making the same mistake as Sega did with the Dreamcast, but I doubt it, due to the 360's good console sale statistics.

Our pal Bill is certainly putting his money where his mouth is. It might just pay off too.
    Ok the kiddy image is because it is a kiddy system. That's how it was marketed, and that's how it is...I have a gamecube in my house, oh joy Resident Evil. Other than that, all kiddy games.

Every game there is a sequel to something. There is no new content. I do not think that Pac Man world rally will be genre defying or awesome.

All the games that do look amazing will be on nintendo Wii as well..
    Zelda
    Madden
    Lego Star Wars

I don't know. I can't list 10 games that have released that i would really want on Gamecube. And i've looked too, in an effort from keeping my brother's gamecube experience from dying.

No i don't hate Nintendo they have done great things and i'm truly excited for Nintendo Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by psychono2
    finally some on who understands how awsome it is to own a 360 I hope yournot here to tank on the wii,if not welcome to wiichat
    no i'm for the wii, so thanks for the welcome

in my opinon the 360 like some say is just an upgraded xbox, with more awesome games ex. Huxely GOW Mass Effect

and the ps3, too expensive and nothing special but a few games, but that could change

1. Wii: 1st party titles, Wiimote, Nintendo Wi-Fi (it's FREE!), 3rd party titles utilizing the wiimote, Wii Connect 24, $250 or less, $50 dollar or less games
    2. Xbox 360: not $600 or $500
    3. PS3: $600 or $500
    wii came wii saw wii conquered

Member #
    Friends
    Well I knew I'd get flamed for what I thought was a valid post simply asking if I was missing something on a next gen console that was supposed to be way advanced graphics wise. I even said I thought it would have amazing graphics in a year or a bit when people are experienced at coding it and that Halo 3 looked totally amazing but apparantly that wasn't good enough, I gave my opinions on the gfx and that was all. I know gfx don't 'make' the game but on a console that's got nothing "new" going for it e.g. motion sensing in Wii and PS3 to an extent its a heck of a lot.

For those who may think I'm some kind of fanboy etc the last console I bought was a PS2 and only then 4 years after it was released or something like that. I never had the money for all these consoles but luckily my friend has and has owned the PS2 XBoX and GC so I've had a fair run on them all. So I consider myself a fair gamer. Sheesh people took a perfectly benign thread and turned it to flame _

Btw the post about "Arcade" that online service? Well sure but not everyones online, has a router (is it wireless?) a lot of people still only have one output they swap their phone and net cable with so I'm seeing Arcade as a nice added feature rather than something next gen. After all something similar was in the original XBox right?

P.S You may be right about the HD settings but I wouldnt think GAME and Gamestation two quite big names would forget something like that on a console that is really specifically designed to run on HD. I still don't think the game I saw was anything special, prettyish to look at, had a lot of little effects that added up to the overall effect but no interactive backgrounds or evidence of use of the huge specs it's running on. Someone mentioned that programmers were only coding for one of the three cores, well then this may explain it but still, you have to wonder at the minds who think and design like that. Like having a Ferrari with only 2 gears to stick with the car analogy ^_^;

P.P.S Way too late T_T time for sleep.

-Taero
    Owned: Wii, Sports, Play, LoZ:TP

Member #
    Friends
    4759-2872-3135-2409
    Yay I have a wireless router you all should get 1 if you don't because you can have it for your wii and ds
    360 is awsome,but the Wii is just so cuddly!

Member #
    Friends
    the wiii kicks ass to the xbox and the ps3

Member #
    Friends
    4759-2872-3135-2409
    Quote Originally Posted by nintendo lover
    the wiii kicks ass to the xbox and the ps3
    yes the wii is awsome it kicks the ps3 ass but the xbox is more like the perfect companion for the wii, so the xbox is aswome whaen you buy it withe wii because you got different gaming with the wii , and regular gaming with the 360 so no xbox doesn't get its ass kicked
    360 is awsome,but the Wii is just so cuddly!

Ads