LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Overheating

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    wii is using external power supply. Therefore, it should not be overheated.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by iplaywii
    Depending on what type of carpet it is, that's not gonna hurt anything, as long as you have some ariflow. Use the base and there shouldn't be a problem.
    it may not be a good idea for carpet. Too much lent for the system fans.

Member #
    Friends
    i keep my wii on the carpet, works perfectly fine.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by beneeboi
    i keep my wii on the carpet, works perfectly fine.

So Far

Member #
    Friends
    Would cleaning a fan with compressed are be a safe way to take dust off?
    LONG LIVE THE WII!!!

Member #
    Friends
    yep that will be fine.

make sure its not running when you do it.
    Will You Put That Bloody Wrist Strap On!!!!

Can we have the Tv back now please, We would like to watch coronation street!!!

Wii fo' life son. Werd. Reaper3000GT's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7996-2972-4501-9971
    You can go to Wallmart and buy one of those meltal rack things (about 2 feet wide and 1 foot tall) for around 2 bucks. Then your Wii is suspended in air for maximum air flow. I am able to put my Xbox, PS2, and Wii on it. The Xbox is ontop of the PS2 and the Wii is sitting next to them.

Add Mii!

7996-2972-4501-9971

Junior Member kissmyshinnymettalass's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends

Fools

You guys are all fools the wii does over heat but not when your playing it overheats when its in stand by mode. It uses almoast exactly the same power in stand by mode as it does when its on the only difference is that when in stand by mode the fans arent on. So the wii overheats. Most of the heat comes form the network card from being on wifi 24, 7. The damage does not total the system(like the xbox 360) but it damages the video card, it is a known fact and nintendo has admitted to it. I know its a fact because it happened to me, and a ton of my friends. If you dont believe me go here and see pictures and another explanation:

http://wiinis.com/Wii_Overheat.htm?ee231f20

The more power the game takes the worse those things are (referring to stuff from link) It friggan sucks but if this happened to you nintendo will replace your wii for you, and untill you send it in you can play gamecube games or zelda twilight princess because it dosnt seem to show up with them.

Now thet you have been warned go buy a cooling stand or stop leaving your wii on wiiconnect24. Trust me it totally sucks and it takes a while for them to get you a new one.

.@>
    /()\
    ^^

Custom User Title (TM) MaXiMiUS's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2573-4546-5926-8361
    Quote Originally Posted by kissmyshinnymettalass
    You guys are all fools the wii does over heat but not when your playing it overheats when its in stand by mode. It uses almoast exactly the same power in stand by mode as it does when its on the only difference is that when in stand by mode the fans arent on. So the wii overheats. Most of the heat comes form the network card from being on wifi 24, 7. The damage does not total the system(like the xbox 360) but it damages the video card, it is a known fact and nintendo has admitted to it. I know its a fact because it happened to me, and a ton of my friends. If you dont believe me go here and see pictures and another explanation:

The more power the game takes the worse those things are (referring to stuff from link) It friggan sucks but if this happened to you nintendo will replace your wii for you, and untill you send it in you can play gamecube games or zelda twilight princess because it dosnt seem to show up with them.

Now thet you have been warned go buy a cooling stand or stop leaving your wii on wiiconnect24. Trust me it totally sucks and it takes a while for them to get you a new one.

.@>
    /()\
    ^^
    Uhm, network cards typically don't generate much (well, ****, ANY) heat. At least, my wireless one doesn't, and none of the non-wireless ones we've had in the past did. It's ice cold the majority of the time.

You sure you didn't just stuff it in a corner with the fan sucking in heat from a heat register or something?

If that was the case, I honestly don't think Nintendo should go out of their way and replace your Wii -- you put plastic by a fire, it melts. Live and learn.

Again: network cards arn't fire breathing beasts that increase the temperature of your Wii 10 degrees just by being on.

Edit: Why not show some more useful information, like where the Wii was, and what the temperature of the entire room was?
    Owned: Excite Truck [8 GRP], Wii Sports [6G, 7R, 8P], Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [9G, 5RP], Elebits [7GR, 5P], Wii Play [5G, 8RP], The Godfather: Blackhand Edition [10G, 9R, 7P], Super Paper Mario [8G, 6R, 5P], SSX Blur [10 GRP].
    Rented: Rayman Raving Rabbids [6G, 7R, 9P].
    Wanted: Resident Evil 4, no Wii games currently.

G = Gameplay Rating, R = Replay Value, P = Party Rating, all out of 10.

Member #
    Friends
    5003-4585-7164-4443
    Quote Originally Posted by kissmyshinnymettalass

.@>
    /()\
    ^^
    Man, That totally suck. I hope that that doesn't happen to mine.

My Wii friends address book is full, but it is possible that I will add some more people, because I will be deleting grays in a few days. Thanks.

Wii Number
    5003 4585 7164 4443
    PM Me if you add me so I can add you.

Ads