LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Got Wii December 24th. Wii_would_like_to_play's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

I'll allow no more discouragement about the wii!

People have been saying how wii isn't what we expected.It hasn't come out with the news channel yet...BIG WOOF!It is coming out Jan.27th.Another thing,people have been saying how all the internet features are slow and i can explain that in only 4 words:BAD INTERNET CONNECTION SPEED!And no online enabled games came out yet,COMING OUT AROUND JANUARY!DING DING DING DING DING!And the forecast channel,don't even get me started...oops...too late:WEATHER WILL NEVER BE 100% CORRECT!DUH!

You guys don't know what ur talking about.

Lord of Jazz & Obscurity TheMix's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5762-1277-3527-9496
    I guess I have a couple questions.

1. Why do people really care that much about the News/weather/etc. channels? Seems a bit duplicitous to be wanting to go on a news channel, when you could just as easily use a computer, which you can type MUCH faster on anyway. Have people really gotten that lazy that they can't just walk to a computer?

2. Isn't the primary function of this system to be about video games? If I wanted the news I'd turn on the TV or go to my 'puter. I want to playa goddamn game if I'm playing on a console.

3. With all the people clamoring to get the internet functions rushed out soon, did they honestly expect that there'd be Zero issues when it came online?

Got Wii December 24th. Wii_would_like_to_play's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    dude......(sigh)i dunno

Member #
    Friends
    I totally agree with you people. Just wait! And if your Wii's internet browser is slow, it's most likely your connection.
    Joy to the World, Wii has come!
    Let gamers receive their Queen!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_would_like_to_play
    ,people have been saying how all the internet features are slow and i can explain that in only 4 words:BAD INTERNET CONNECTION SPEED!
    Even though the internet is kind of a novelty I have found it to work fine. It is very fast on my system since I have a very fast dsl connection. The use of the zoom and the single column option make it easy to read the screen. All and all, I think it actually works better than webtv did.

Member #
    Friends
    0882-4030-9133-6768
    they prolly wanted the wii to be released the same time as the ps3, and if they had put in the channels and online, we wouldnt have our wiis right now

Member #
    Friends
    7219-3868-1848-6260
    Keep in mind that the internet channel is just the beta version of opera. The full version will be released in a few months.
    "To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge."

quote by Confucious

Ads