LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    The Hero Of Time Link_'s Avatar
    Member #
    4086
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    130
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3401-8126-5359-2546
    Quote Originally Posted by damnyooneek
    I started playing the wii on a CRT with the composite wires and it looked great. the graphics really looked decent. i switched to a HDTV LCD with component wires and now everything is jagged and not as smooth as the CRT? is it because the resolution of my tv is higher than what the wii puts out so everything is more pixelated? I really hope nintendo comes out with some kind of update that supports higher resolutions because this 480p doesnt cut it.
    try on the wii settings to change to the 480P mode.

    "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!"

  2. #22
    WiiChat Member t7d5's Avatar
    Member #
    9733
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    some whare in this big chunk of land, floating in the watter, USA
    Posts
    41
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3076-4079-1246-8035
    Quote Originally Posted by alocubano1110
    OFFTOPPIC:if you had a choice between the wii or the 360 over gameplay, and overall experience what would you say you liked better?
    the wii ofcorse

  3. #23
    Lord of Jazz & Obscurity TheMix's Avatar
    Member #
    9636
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minnerapolis
    Posts
    72
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5762-1277-3527-9496
    Quote Originally Posted by alocubano1110
    OFFTOPPIC:if you had a choice between the wii or the 360 over gameplay, and overall experience what would you say you liked better?
    ::Huge sigh::

    Because there aren't hundreds of pages of posts elsewhere on this forum discussing the 3 systems' gameplay.

  4. #24
    WiiChat Member daonei's Avatar
    Member #
    5938
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    22
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I have the same thought. I just got my component cables and hooked them up. Changed resolution to HD 480P and the image is very jagged and blotchy. Don't really like it and am a bit disappointed considering I had to buy these cables. Thought it would work out much better, but might switch back again...

  5. #25
    WiiChat Member damnyooneek's Avatar
    Member #
    10180
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    yea its really weird that on a crt the quality is more detailed. most people on here that are making smart remarks are either playing their wiis on a crt or haven't tried plugging their wiis in a crt and comparing. its a big difference and i would assume the hdtv would have better quality but it doesn't.

  6. #26
    The Hero Of Time Link_'s Avatar
    Member #
    4086
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    130
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3401-8126-5359-2546
    i wonder if it is something in the hardware itself,may be with an update or something.

    "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!"

  7. #27
    WiiChat Member daonei's Avatar
    Member #
    5938
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    22
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I hope so...I was definitely not expecting this.

  8. #28
    Add me and i'll add you! intekmdma's Avatar
    Member #
    4854
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    726
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0938-8888-9063-3805
    Quote Originally Posted by damnyooneek
    I started playing the wii on a CRT with the composite wires and it looked great. the graphics really looked decent. i switched to a HDTV LCD with component wires and now everything is jagged and not as smooth as the CRT? is it because the resolution of my tv is higher than what the wii puts out so everything is more pixelated? I really hope nintendo comes out with some kind of update that supports higher resolutions because this 480p doesnt cut it.
    you mean a CRT monitor to a flat screen LCD... CRT monitors have wayy higher resolution compared to LCD's

    turbo'd wabbit

  9. #29
    WiiChat Member Rajveer's Avatar
    Member #
    4473
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by intekmdma
    you mean a CRT monitor to a flat screen LCD... CRT monitors have wayy higher resolution compared to LCD's
    No I think he means a CRT tv to an HDTV tv, the HDTV has a higher res.

    I played my Wii on my CRT (PAL so 576i) but decided to stick with my 40" HDTV with component cables. Make sure you're sitting at a distance, because if you sit up close it looks like shit. Zelda looks fine for me now at a viewing distance of around 7 feet I guess you just have to get used to the resolution, I have. Once you do you realise graphics arent all that bad infact they're quite good, just at low res.

  10. #30
    WiiChat Member Deadmonkey's Avatar
    Member #
    5817
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    22
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    If you open the instruction manual it says "Play on the smallest TV possible" the bigger you go, the crappier it looks, same goes for most shit, unless your TV is worth 5k. I'd say for the Wii, stay under 47'', and go CRT

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Holy C**p! It's Lego Batman!
    By FRuMMaGe in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 06:30 AM
  2. Can a screen be too large for Wii?
    By thendis in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 04:09 PM
  3. Black Screen Anyone???
    By SoNCSU95 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 01:28 PM
  4. Pega portable screen for Wii
    By tomqman in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 10:46 PM
  5. Where's the "Full" internet
    By sstew13 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 12:38 PM

Search tags for this page

wii looks bad on flat screen

,

wii looks crappy on flat screen

Click on a term to search for related topics.