+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6429-9414-6267-1011

Wireless modem

supercool

if u have a wireless modem/router then u do not need the usb for the wii. Is that what you have?

Member #
    Friends
    I do have a wireless router and a cable modem, but I thought you needed somekind of wireless receiver also to run the consoles wireless

Member #
    Friends
    6429-9414-6267-1011

Wireless Router

If you have a wireless router then the wii can be run that way. The USB is only for hardwiring it to the router. My set it like this. I use Starband Satellite internet > PC > USR8054 Wireless Router> 3 Laptops, Wii, PSP, DS the only thing you seem to be missing is the PC, it depends on the type router you have whether it will just pick it up automaticlly or like mine I had to manually enter 192.168.123.105 etc. and subnet and all the dns stuff. Try it and if the wii doesnt pass the test, you will need to set the router up at someones pc. But no u don;t need to use the USB now. Hope that helps alittle

dcofty

Member #
    Friends
    Hey guys im so stupid with this stuff. So the Wii can run the internet wireless without any special hookup? I can go to someones pc to configure if need be but I dont know exactly what I need. I have my 360 hooked up to a modem and from there I wanted to wire a 50 ft cable to another room in my house to a wireless router and from the router ro the Wii. I need to know if there is a special wireless receiver I need for the back of the Wii or if it picks it ip itself(im so computer stupid). I can do the router configure at work anytime if I need to though

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Ok someone forgot to say, that the wii and the xbox 360 have wireless reciver built in, so all you need is the wireless router (which u have) to set them up.
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    Really? Man thats awesome. So I dont neet any usbs or internet wires out of either the 360 or the Wii? If so man, thanks. You saves me a lot of money and time.

Computer Nerd, not Geek codeking's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Ok someone forgot to say, that the wii and the xbox 360 have wireless reciver built in, so all you need is the wireless router (which u have) to set them up.
    #1 It's called a network adapter, not a wireless receiver.
    #2 The xbox 360 does not have an adapter built in. You have to buy one for $100 (Rip-off) or get an extremely long cable.
    "There are two things that are infinite: human stupidity and the universe. I'm not sure about the latter."

-Mark Twain

"Sh1t burns well apparently so the PS3 should go up like petrol."

- Silent-Sniper

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by codeking
    #1 It's called a network adapter, not a wireless receiver.
    #2 The xbox 360 does not have an adapter built in. You have to buy one for $100 (Rip-off) or get an extremely long cable.
    aaah dang, my mate has a 360 and has the wireless thing, i though it came free.
    Mac Expert.

Ads