LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    This is just US. Canada is still selling them on Friday.

Prior policy was to hold for Sunday, this is no longer the case.

Member #
    Friends
    Oh my friend told me that it was going to be on the 31st a couple of days ago untill he read this. I am sorry to anyone who read my post, my friend got the memo recently. He works at best buy also.

Add me and i'll add you! intekmdma's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0938-8888-9063-3805
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptenx
    Oh, I dont know, from this thing called the "Retail Insider" aka Best Buy's newsletter for employees. I work at Best Buy for anyone who doesn't know.
    hmmm. looks like you a geek squad agent btw: yep no wii's on sunday. at least for the bay area. they were being sold yesterday

turbo'd wabbit

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by intekmdma
    hmmm. looks like you a geek squad agent btw: yep no wii's on sunday. at least for the bay area. they were being sold yesterday
    Car-fi, just always checking out media's insider for Wii news.

It looks like it's because PS3s are being held this week. No idea how next week will be, but I'll let you guys know.

Lord of Jazz & Obscurity TheMix's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5762-1277-3527-9496
    here's what I'll say, just as I mentioned in another thread...

though I would reccomend calling your local Best Buy....different districts do different things.

I used to work at a Best Buy and still have friends there.

My friends are essentially giving me every indication that the Wiis that they have will be held until the add date (the 31st). Everything in my district seems to be fairly airtight as far as info....and none of the Best Buy's around me seem to be doing the receipt gig.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMix
    here's what I'll say, just as I mentioned in another thread...

though I would reccomend calling your local Best Buy....different districts do different things.

I used to work at a Best Buy and still have friends there.

My friends are essentially giving me every indication that the Wiis that they have will be held until the add date (the 31st). Everything in my district seems to be fairly airtight as far as info....and none of the Best Buy's around me seem to be doing the receipt gig.
    You must've worked there a long time ago, because all stores follow the same SOP. They aren't going to be in the ad on the 31st because the PS3 is. They aren't going to have tickets to hand out on the 31st because the tickets are for the PS3. Why would they hold? Stupid decision on the manager's side there for any store who holds.

Member #
    Friends
    5762-1277-3527-9496
    You must've worked there a long time ago, because all stores follow the same SOP. They aren't going to be in the ad on the 31st because the PS3 is. They aren't going to have tickets to hand out on the 31st because the tickets are for the PS3. Why would they hold? Stupid decision on the manager's side there for any store who holds.
    I'll go ahead and politely disgree with that.

I worked there up until late this last summer....in the warehouse no less.

From what my buddy, who still works in the warehouse, the info. on their Wiis is being kept under lock and key. The Warehouse still hasn't received any Wiis as of yet. Even the Inventory Manager hasn't gotten any official word on what to do when they get them....and he would know....he wants one. As of right now, it looks like my old BB, store #6, in Inver Grove, MN....will be letting them free on Sunday. They didn't get them on the truck on Tuesday, so if they're doing them any time before Sunday, then the truck with the Wiis for my old store will come tomorrow evening.

And honestly, there's no real stupidity that lays with either holding or not holding the Wiis until Sunday. They're going to be sold either way. PS3 or not. The Wiis are going to sell out again in one day.....whether it's today, tomorrow, or Sunday....doesn't really matter. Little to noone that walks in wanting to buy a PS3 is going to go apeshit and want to buy a Wii instead....

What I can tell you is that district by district here in Minnesota, there's a difference. Different BBs were doing different things for launches, and they're doing different things now.

Member #
    Friends
    If stores in your district are really doing that, then it is stupidity. How do they expect to handle both PS3 and Wii campers in 1 night? You're going to have all kinds of people in 1 line for 2 different systems, and with only tickets for the PS3. It's going to make a big mess.

And he should've received word, as this is in the Retail Insider:
    Hold PlayStation 3 for Dec. 31 Ad, Release Some Units
    All stores will receive PlayStation 3 (60 GB, $599) for the Dec. 31 ad (ad minimum 25). Product will be labeled with orange stickers that say “Hold for ad.” If your store received 70 or more units, hold 40 units for the ad and release the rest. Some stores have sold many units and may be at risk of not having the minimums. If your store received less than 70 units, hold 32 units for the ad and release the rest. Additional PS3 software and accessories will arrive throughout the week to support the ad. Click here for an overview about additional topics, such as line formation, tickets in Dec. 31 Merch Kit and more.

Sell Wii Upon Receipt
    Stores are receiving shipments of Nintendo Wii this week. Get all units to the floor and sell upon receipt. Keep in mind, employee purchases of Wii and PS3 aren’t allowed until further notice.

Member #
    Friends
    5762-1277-3527-9496
    If stores in your district are really doing that, then it is stupidity. How do they expect to handle both PS3 and Wii campers in 1 night? You're going to have all kinds of people in 1 line for 2 different systems, and with only tickets for the PS3. It's going to make a big mess.
    I don't know....

I guess by my estimation, they've got a parking lot that could probably hold upwards of a couple thousand people. Seeing as there's a right and a left side, one would think two signs could be put up...one reading "Wii" and the other "PS3".

There's nothing that stupid about it. In fact, it's actually more logical....seeing as, if the rest of the stores were selling before hand....profit at those district stores would be lower than the holdouts for that day.

Two systems as opposed to one really isn't that much harder to handle. The amount of staff will be there anyway, it's just a matter of setting up 2 lines instead of one. Not that difficult.

Member #
    Friends
    No need to worry, your district is smarter than you give them credit for, because they've sold all their Wiis.

Location Avail On Hand Total On Hand On Order In Transit Current Sell Avg. Wk
    Unit Sales Avg. Wks
    of Supply Calc. Wks
    of Supply

5 - EDINA MN 0 0 0 0 $249.99 5.62 0 0
    6 - INVER GROVE HEIG MN 0 0 0 0 $249.99 8.75 0 0
    8 - BURNSVILLE MN 0 0 0 0 $249.99 8.75 0 0
    10 - MAPLEWOOD MN 0 0 0 0 $249.99 11.61 0 0
    14 - ROCHESTER MN 0 0 0 0 $249.99 12.07 0 0
    15 - OAKDALE MN 0 0 0 0 $249.99 14.74 0 0
    17 - SIOUX FALLS SD 0 0 0 0 $249.99 17.96 0 0
    18 - LA CROSSE WI 0 0 0 0 $249.99 11.88 0 0
    40 - EAU CLAIRE WI 0 0 0 0 $249.99 11.79 0 0