LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Blu ray and cell processor might have a bit of problems, but the whole reason why the ps3's launch date was set back to november 17th was mainly to debug the console itself. If launch consoles do crash, then Sony will be on the problem, it might turn out like 360 where there was alot of problems with the first launch. Everyone's iffy about the fact that this is some serious technology that just stepped out of the door. Its new, top-notch, and nobody knows if it will work. But by the sounds of it Sony is happy so far and they appear to have what they want. The whole hd tv thing i agree with but you only need an hd tv to use blu ray to its max really. hd tv just used blu ray to its full potential. Also with or without hd tv the blu ray will also be able to make games from ps2 and ps1 have sharper imaging which will give the appearance of better graphics so blu ray is still worth it in my opinion.
    Last edited by darthbeaverxp; 08-01-2006 at 06:39 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    You're right. Blu-ray has just come out and of course it's going to have some bugs.

I know something else that's completly new that has had no reported problems and I would say it's a bit more complex than Blu-ray: The Wiimote and Nunchuk. All of it is pretty much completly new and powerful, but like everything Nintendo, it lacks what Microsoft and Sony generally have: bugs.

The PS2 had a lazer problem that overtime, destroyed the console itself. The Xbox, while my current favorite console, had problems with it's first consoles and with it's powercord just last year. The Xbox 360 has heat problems and the notorious "red light" problem (sort of like the blue screen of death, which is a problem in Windows, which is another thing Microsoft is behind), and now the PS3 is having problems before it's even hit store shelves.

I'm just saying one of the things that will be great about Wii, like every single Nintendo console before it, is it's dependability/durability.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    Ok the wii is unique out of the next generation consoles, is will be the new experience of playing games. Yeah the ps3 has blu-ray , but not everybody wants blu-ray. Some people just want to be able to play with a new generation system without having to spend loads of money. I dont hate ps3, i would get it if my budget wasnt a problem.

Member #
    Friends
    Whatever you may say, YES the PS3 has awesome features. If the Wii wouldnt be so Innovative, I would probably get a PS3. But the fact is that because of all those AWESOME features, the PS3 will cost 700$ bucks! thats without the taxes. Oh and also, the games are supposed to cost around 60-70$ each. Thats just damn too much! I must admit that maybe if the PS3 would cost as much as the Wii, id get a PS3..or even Both! But thatll never happen. Id never pay 1000$ for a console with a few games, maybe if I was rich but im truly not.

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    The only real reason why the PS3 was putted to november 17th is cause they wanted to copy ALL nintendo features... anyway u are jsut an spammer and if u dont like the wii, what are u doing here??? why u dont go to a PS3 forum and talk how good is to spent $600 in a machine that do all except playing games, actually if u look closely the one who will lose the console wars is PS3 so dont call us ignorants if u dont want to finish as my thread picture

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    0061-5695-7775-8491
    Arcadium relax man hes not spamming in this thread. Maybe he has in previous one, I'm not sure. But he isnt talking about how the Wii is so horrible and has no chance against the PS3. He is merely advertising all of the PS3 features along with alot of its flaws, which I can appreciate since he is doing it with respect to us Nintendo fans. I have seen a lot worse spamming and slamming on the Wii here from PS3 fanboys and this is not spamming.

Member #
    Friends
    Hey, I think we should welcome all Ideas here - and hes never badmouthing the Wii. The PS3 will no doubt be the most physically impressive of the new consoles. It certainly is on paper. But in my opinion - PS3 lacks good exclusives and first party games, costs way too much, and is riding on a format of HD movie player that might not even last that long (HD DVD and BlueRay are battling it out for the next gen movie format - No clear front runner is out, though PS3 might help change that in BlueRays favor) However, I think the masses will decide. The masses cant afford 600 bucks for a system and then 800 by the time its playable. Just like the masses could sooner afford an HD DVD player before a Blueray player for arguably the same performance. Or better yet. . .just buy an upconverting DVD player for a difference that is only noticeable when comparing side by side with a real HD movie player. Hardcore PS3 fans that can find the means, will purchase the PS3, and it will do alright - but for me its not worth the money, especially since I do not own an HDTV and probably wont for a few more years. So sorry Sony, while your system is incredible in so many ways, it lacks any real appeal to the middle class. The price will turn more people away from Sony than the number of new people who choose sony for its better graphics. The wii will gain more people for its innovative style and its price. In my opinion the Wii will dominate this generation, because it is different and affordable. Some people dont like different, everyone likes affordable, and most will love Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    Thank you, some intelligent and objective debate on the PS3 at last! Some people talk about the PS3 like Sony killed their family and friends, but despite its flaws it has a lot going for it. It is the most technologically advanced of the new consoles, after all. Sony may be on a winner with the whole multimedia approach (i.e. it plays games, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, etc.), and it does sound a lot better than paying for the more expensive Blu-ray players.

I'm particularly happy about Sony giving up region restrictions, so you can import games without any mod chips (probably why they did it). And while I never buy a game solely on the basis of graphics, I must admit they were pretty impressive.

By the way, I should point out not all PS1/PS2 games will be backwards compatible, only the ones which observe the "Technical Requirements Checklist". Don't ask me what that means or which games this applies to, because I have no idea.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadium
    The only real reason why the PS3 was putted to november 17th is cause they wanted to copy ALL nintendo features... anyway u are jsut an spammer and if u dont like the wii, what are u doing here??? why u dont go to a PS3 forum and talk how good is to spent $600 in a machine that do all except playing games, actually if u look closely the one who will lose the console wars is PS3 so dont call us ignorants if u dont want to finish as my thread picture
    Thin ice my friend, please read here:
    http://www.wiichat.com/latest-ninten...uncements.html

Member #
    Friends
    Hmm...none of that appealed to me. Sorry.
    [/URL]
    [/URL]
    \\....//\\....//..O...O................Join the Revolution.
    ..\\//....\\//....||...||....................Together, Wii can change the world.

Ads