LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6429-9414-6267-1011
    try ebay but you will have a lot of others selling wiis, best bet try to post in local classifieds.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Mac
    Ain't that the truth! First of all, you let her tell you she wants a 360 instead of a Wii and you're just sellin' it to buy her one. WTF. That's a nono . Just take the Wii back and don't give her shit. Quit being a punk to your kids. She owns you, man. Just snatch it from her and play it your damn self or take it back/sell it on Ebay. I'm not trying to be mean, but daaaaammit, man.
    Actually she had a really tough year! She is my stepdaughter and her real father died this year from a motorcycle accident 2 weeks before her birthday! She is only 12 and taking it really bad! She saw the commercials for the Wii and said that is what she wanted so I went out for 3 weeks trying to find her one and finally got it after sitting in line fore 4 hours. Once she played it she did not like it and played a 360 and liked it better. When you guys ever have kids you will do anything for them. It has been hard for her this year and she would have gotten anything she asked for. You don't know how it feels when you are putting up a christmas tree (which is supposed to be a happy time) and your daughter is crying her eyes out.
    It is heading to ebay tonight!

Member #
    Friends
    6429-9414-6267-1011
    I understand where you are coming from, but I really think she should give the wii a chance, in a few weeks it sounds like you will be selling the 360 as well. What the wii is for is bring families together.

Wii wish you a merry xmas NuFLo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    You could sell on ebay but here in the UK you could only just afford the premium xbox if you got one of the best deals. Not always the case.

Plus if your daughters 12 then i doubt she will like most of the mature games for an xbox 360 and the interface is not as easy to understand as the wii's simple version.

Truth Wiivealed Wiiconnaissance's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6273-7375-6225-9412
    Quote Originally Posted by POLOCK
    Actually she had a really tough year! She is my stepdaughter and her real father died this year from a motorcycle accident 2 weeks before her birthday! She is only 12 and taking it really bad! She saw the commercials for the Wii and said that is what she wanted so I went out for 3 weeks trying to find her one and finally got it after sitting in line fore 4 hours. Once she played it she did not like it and played a 360 and liked it better. When you guys ever have kids you will do anything for them. It has been hard for her this year and she would have gotten anything she asked for. You don't know how it feels when you are putting up a christmas tree (which is supposed to be a happy time) and your daughter is crying her eyes out.
    It is heading to ebay tonight!
    Polock, I understand where you're coming from, but you may want to reconsider the 360 for a child her age. Have you taken her to a gaming store to talk with the experts? Maybe she can get more information on the 360 so she just isn't wanting it because her friends have it or because she is being told by others that it's a killer system with the best graphics ever. It sounds to me she's confused and needs some light shed on the issue, so let her talk to some gaming experts and see what they suggest. Honestly, the Wii is probably her best bet, especially considering the games coming out in March, Mario Party 8 included. Not only that, have you downloaded some games or bought her some Gamecube games she probably never tried while she had the Gamecube? Has she even ever owned the Gamecube? If not, then she definitely has some options for games.

Don't listen to anyone saying "spoiling" or "she owns you" crap. I'm not sure if they have kids, but apparently they just don't understand... I lost my first-born son in '03, so spoil that girl like there's no tomorrow. Sell the Wii and get the 360, even if she does not want it after playing it for a week or so, oh well, you did what you had to do as a parent and it'll be worth it. Sometimes people take things for granted... I think you're doing exactly what you need to do, don't back down from it, just evaluate your options and help her understand there isn't always need for 'better graphics' or 'more memory' or 'Halo'... the Wii is a killer system and I think she'd have more fun with it over the years as opposed to the 360's Mature lineup of games. It all comes down to you, so don't stop doing exactly what you are doing.

Member #
    Friends
    4683-8466-6765-2704
    You can avoid fees by going to www.craigslist.com Pick your location and post your add. This way the person can meet you in your town and pay in cash.

Member #
    Friends
    use craigslist....ebay has too many fees and in the end u will make the same as craigslist if not less. you can get prolly at the very most 325-350 for a used console and add another 50-60 for a used set of controllers. dont worry about what people say about selling stuff over retail... yeah it can be seen as a lil shady but in the business world people will pay more for it so get what u can. also if u think of it this way you are charging buyers for your time waiting in line to get it or looking for it.

dont get too greedy on the price though else u are gonna be sitting around trying to sell your console forever and the value is gonna go down eventually.

good luck with the sale =)
    Last edited by TorGa3iGhT; 01-01-2007 at 08:54 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Am I the only one baffled as to how a 12 year old girl would prefer a 360 over a wii....

What games would she play for the 360? Fight Night?

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    vagrant im with you, there might be maybe 1 or 2 games she might play on the 360, She will plays those games get board and want a wii or a ps3.
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Member #
    Friends
    Sometimes, it's not how you play, but it's who you play it with. Have her friends come over and play with her.

Ads