LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    interacting with the game an consoles shud be the nex step forward an with the visuals. The wii has already started this off with the controls.

Member #
    Friends
    ^^ Yes, but havent you ever seen a game with great looking graphics that you think are incredible until the character decides to move. This was the case with a lot of PS1 games - though I never owned the system. SEga CD was similar. And now games like madden, the still shots look great - but the running and jumping is aweful. While the graphics are a lot sharper - the characters still move choppy like they did in tecmo bowl - well not quite that bad. . .but the physics have not improved as much as the rest of graphics have - ie polygons and shaders etc. This stuff will be key to what you descirbed as having people "feel as though [they] are actually in the game doing all the motions."

And I agree that the next system will most likely not be exactly like wii as far as controller goes. When has nintendo ever put out the same controller (or very similar controllers) for 2 systems? Maybe the next controllers will be more like having 2 nunchucks (because a lot of people dont like the squared off remote control look of the wiimote - changing this in the future would definitely increase sales, all though I for one dont care. And nintendo will change the way the controller works, get rid of the bad and keep the good. Some developers will come along and find new ways to use the wiimote and better ways of using it to accomplish the same thing that had previously been accomplished in a different way. For instance, RedSteel may not have real time motions with its sword. Hopefully the glitches that inhibit that will be worked out by Lucas Arts when they put out the ultimate starwars game. The possibilities for Wii are limitless at this point, so the possiblilities for next gen. . . who knows? Maybe Wii will flop and drive nintendo out of business (haha, yeah right, like that will ever happen)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Crockett
    interacting with the game an consoles shud be the nex step forward an with the visuals. The wii has already started this off with the controls.
    yes wii has started it now - so this will not be a major focus for nintendo next time around - they are working hard to develop it now. Next go round they will only have to improve it. So they will be able to put there resources into other areas. I personally hope they always stay behind in graphics because that will keep the cost down. Outdated chips are always a lot cheaper but still capable of performing at what was once considered top of the line. So with controls and graphics not being majorly revamped next time. . .what is left? again - physics - Or holograms, but i havent decided for sure yet

Member #
    Friends
    0061-5695-7775-8491
    Phiggy make sure you knock on some wood after your last comment. hahaha

Member #
    Friends
    ^I understand wat you mean the movement of the games is very important as this used on every part of the games.

Member #
    Friends
    Im so confident that Nintendo will not flop and that wii will dominate that I refuse to knock on wood. Well - if it makes you happy then I will knock on my laminated particle board desk. Close enough - but thats just for you - Im still confident in Miyamoto et. al.

Member #
    Friends
    0061-5695-7775-8491
    thanks...now the world is saved!

Member #
    Friends
    i hav complete faith in miyamoto

Member #
    Friends
    0061-5695-7775-8491
    As do I. He is a genious in gaming, business, and creating. I look at him and just think, "That man knows what he is doing...about EVERYTHING!"

Member #
    Friends
    I put my faith in Miyamoto for anything that doesnt involve the English Language. . . but then again he doesnt need to speak proper english since A) I dont speak a lick of japanese other than hello, goodbye, and brand names like Yamaha, Toyota and Nintendo. B.) He is incredible at what he does and who cares how good he is at english. and C.) He is rich and can pay people to come and handle all of his English trade shows and press releases if he wants to.

Ads