LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    im not for certain but i believe it would be the candle. We have many run in our house, and as a result on our white walls in the living room at the top where the ceiling and wall meet there is a black mark that looks like a shadow, but its not its from the candle.

Member #
    Friends
    6352-9702-8007-0909
    Quote Originally Posted by sethneeley
    Hello all, I have had my Wii for about a week and it has developed this stain all over the casing. I have a very clean apartment, no carpet, and an air purifier in the same room. The Wii regularly has a layer of what looks like dust or soot on it that comes off for the most part, but had left it looking like a smuged leopard print. To be honest the thing looks terrible next to my tv, so I hide it in the cabinet now. The only thing I could consider is the candle on the other side of the room leaving soot on it, but I have never heard of this, especially in just a week. I called Nintendo and they had no similar complaints, so they said it was the environment. Any ideas? I have tried cleanign with paper towels, water, and even isopropyl alcohol...
    same becuase Wii is like an IPOD, it picks up dirt easily. I got it out will rubbing alcohol the same stuff u use to clean your cuts. Then dry it with a paper towel.

dre
    Member #
    Friends
    good to know

Member #
    Friends
    6352-9702-8007-0909
    lol wait mine wasnt bad
    it was like a 1inch black smudge

Member #
    Friends
    Take a picture of it so we can see what you're talking about....also, anybody smoke in your household?

Member #
    Friends
    It seems to me the most logical answer is someone in the house is smoking. Otherwise, it could be that candle you were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by sethneeley
    I am in rural Ohio and my city is 18K, pretty small. I just don't know why the tv and dvd player doesn't have the similar soot? Mabey i'll try the product that guy with the beard and flannel shirt sells on tv. ha.
    Rural Ohio!? 18000 citizens!? ME TOO! Where do you live? I live in Troy OH, a suburb of Dayton.

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodude618
    same becuase Wii is like an IPOD, it picks up dirt easily. I got it out will rubbing alcohol the same stuff u use to clean your cuts. Then dry it with a paper towel.

Ohh thanx, I'll write that down, my ipod is stinking.. and I move the wii around alot, (parents are divorced so im back and forth parents houses, plus sisters, grand-parents and such) so Im sure that will come in handy

Member #
    Friends
    Seth, I'm from Central Ohio - Good to see another Buckeye here.

I also think it's from the candle. I suggest you get a few of those candle warmers (look like coffee cup warmers) and not light the candles. My wife is a candle nut but with my allergies/sinuses, burning them just kills me. Oddly, the warmers don't seem to bother me. The candle slowly melts from below and the candles last at least 5 times longer than burning. The scent still starts smelling within a few minutes of turning on the warmer though so my wife stays happy.

Take a pic and let us see so we know what to look out for.

Member #
    Friends
    Nope, neither of us smoke. We have the air purifier because she is so sensative with her allergies and asthma. I am in Tiffin, OH. Here is a picture after 10 days of ownership

Member #
    Friends
    5411-7888-6352-8898
    looks like a baby with dirty feet stomped on ur wii 2 mii
    Need a sig

Ads