LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    sorry skippy, i quoted the wrong person.
    No worries

Member #
    Friends
    i got it to work, i dunno how really. maybe coz i got an IRsensor for the remote 4 my computer. anyhow it works but is pretty crap. it moves over to the sides of the screen all the time and takes ages to get in the middle

Member #
    Friends
    7465-5725-9905-8259
    Quote Originally Posted by spoleweski
    i got it to work, i dunno how really. maybe coz i got an IRsensor for the remote 4 my computer. anyhow it works but is pretty crap. it moves over to the sides of the screen all the time and takes ages to get in the middle
    you can increase the sensitivity if you want.

<<<< Add to my reputation if i helped you! (Its the scales)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougamer
    The next person knows i know what they know about me knowing that they know about them-selfs knowing i know about knowing.

Member #
    Friends
    6429-9414-6267-1011
    i got the wii remote to connect to my laptop via bluetooth but it would only connect couldnt get it to do anything else, ill look at it tomorrow. It stated a bluetooth driver and even asked if i wanted to send the passcode which i didnt but it still showed connected.

Member #
    Friends
    7929-6697-1940-8225
    waste of time.

If you add me PM and give me your Wii#.

S.E.C. Twist & Shout

Member #
    Friends
    7465-5725-9905-8259
    Lobster, if the subject is a waste of time, then your wasting even more time by typing that useless post.

Also, many people seem to have not read the part about how you can control the whole of your house using a system (Dosen't have to be with the Wiimote).
    You can turn lights on/off, start the sprinkler system (not in melbourne, Australia.... We need that water >_>). Turn the TV on.... even make macros!

<<<< Add to my reputation if i helped you! (Its the scales)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougamer
    The next person knows i know what they know about me knowing that they know about them-selfs knowing i know about knowing.

Member #
    Friends
    5003-4585-7164-4443
    Quote Originally Posted by tsowaiman
    Wiimote is usin infra-red, not bluetooth. It is not possible to connect wiimote to your computer by bluetooth.
    Then How come I can pair my wii mote to my PC and tranfer miis I download to my wiimote over bluetooth.

My Wii friends address book is full, but it is possible that I will add some more people, because I will be deleting grays in a few days. Thanks.

Wii Number
    5003 4585 7164 4443
    PM Me if you add me so I can add you.

Custom User Title (TM) MaXiMiUS's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2573-4546-5926-8361
    Wiimotes use both Bluetooth AND Infrared.

Bluetooth is for sending information from the Wiimote, and that is anything and everything. Without Bluetooth, your Wii wouldn't even know your Wiimote existed.

IR is used for accurate pointing on your TV. It isn't needed (Wiimotes have accelerometers, which could, and in the case of PC's, is, used for pointing instead of IR). IR is more reliable and FAR more accurate than the accelerometers however, which is why it is used. But when you don't really have access to a sensor bar (say, your PC), the accelerometers do suffice, though it's pretty slow and not as accurate. It detects acceleration, not where you're actually pointing the Wiimote. So if you took the batteries out of your Wiimote, pointed somewhere on your screen, and put the batteries back in, only IR would be able to figure out (accurately) where the Wiimote was pointing.

Phew. That's a lot of typing for the "Quick Reply" box, now isn't it?
    Owned: Excite Truck [8 GRP], Wii Sports [6G, 7R, 8P], Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [9G, 5RP], Elebits [7GR, 5P], Wii Play [5G, 8RP], The Godfather: Blackhand Edition [10G, 9R, 7P], Super Paper Mario [8G, 6R, 5P], SSX Blur [10 GRP].
    Rented: Rayman Raving Rabbids [6G, 7R, 9P].
    Wanted: Resident Evil 4, no Wii games currently.

G = Gameplay Rating, R = Replay Value, P = Party Rating, all out of 10.

Member #
    Friends
    I think some people are missing the point that the Wiimote has TWO methods of sensing it's "location".

1. The Infrared receivers in the front tip of the remote. These are what the Wii uses for moving the pointing-hand around on the screen and the aiming of things like bows, slings and guns. This requires ANY infrared source in a pattern similar to the Wii's "sensor bar" which is really just a projector.

2. The Motion Sensors in the remote. My guess is they are small accelerometers. Those CAN be interpreted just like responses of a mouse. X-Y-Z axis movements.

While Bluetooth is usually simply used for bi-directional communication, it CAN be used for determining position change of a "client" relative to a "host". Just like doppler rangers. I've seen this done in commercial applications, but not with home use devices. Maybe the Wii does this too.

Tighr: Think of this. If the Wiimote ONLY used the Ir for it's positiioning, explain how Excite truck utilizes the remote for controlling the trucks.

I would also like to suggest that before people state what they think is a fact, that they take a few minutes to test their theory. The many people believing the Wiimote is only Ir based could have simply read the manual or if they have a Wii, disconnected the sensor bar and tried the remote. I'm beginning to think that much of what people are spouting as fact here is simply ignorance because they don't even have a Wii and don't have a clue what they're talking about.

My point is- If you don't have proof, keep don't say/type anything and save us the wasted time of drilling through the garbage.

P.S. I have a Wii and I know for a tested fact that it uses BOTH Ir and Motion Sense (one for some things and another for others).

Member #
    Friends
    My suggestion: just leave the thread alone. We had 1 idiot who posted something ridiculous and the topic spiraled into the same repetitive posts time after time after time.

Might I remind you all that we are supposed to be talking about using the Wii Remote to control lights, appliances, etc.

Ads