LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member Kramer318's Avatar
    Member #
    9185
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Question about Wii component cables

    It seems like all the component cable variations look similar. I have a setup where I plug the video cables into the TV and the Audio cables into a reciever, that's about 4 feet away.

    Would I just have to get a couple of AV extension cables for the Audio, or are there any component cables that would allow me to do what I described above.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Custom User Title (TM) MaXiMiUS's Avatar
    Member #
    6645
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nanaimo, BC, Canada.
    Posts
    265
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2573-4546-5926-8361
    I don't know of any extension cables just for the audio on component cables off hand, but you probably could do that. Or just get really long component cables and use a twist tie to shorten the video cables or something.
    Owned: Excite Truck [8 GRP], Wii Sports [6G, 7R, 8P], Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [9G, 5RP], Elebits [7GR, 5P], Wii Play [5G, 8RP], The Godfather: Blackhand Edition [10G, 9R, 7P], Super Paper Mario [8G, 6R, 5P], SSX Blur [10 GRP].
    Rented: Rayman Raving Rabbids [6G, 7R, 9P].
    Wanted: Resident Evil 4, no Wii games currently.

    G = Gameplay Rating, R = Replay Value, P = Party Rating, all out of 10.

  3. #3
    WiiChat Member Kryptenx's Avatar
    Member #
    4244
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    307
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    http://www.wiichat.com/search.php

    Yes, you need extensions for the audio.

  4. #4
    WiiChat Member Kramer318's Avatar
    Member #
    9185
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I did search dude. And if you can find a post on whether or not all 3rd party component cables for the Wii (there seem like quite a few these days) needed audio extension cables, let me know. Otherwise don't make me look like some lazy poster.

  5. #5
    WiiChat Member Kryptenx's Avatar
    Member #
    4244
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    307
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer318
    I did search dude. And if you can find a post on whether or not all 3rd party component cables for the Wii (there seem like quite a few these days) needed audio extension cables, let me know. Otherwise don't make me look like some lazy poster.
    Search doesn't just include on the forum. If you want to know if there are any component cables with extra length for audio, search google! There are a million component cable posts because people don't search. I'm not going to do it for you, but I'll at least link you.

  6. #6
    WiiChat Member Kramer318's Avatar
    Member #
    9185
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    You think I didn't search google? Why do you think I'm asking this question in the first place? Google doesn't have all the answers. Just hoping an expert or 2 might know of some little known 3rd party Wii component cable that could do what I asked above.

    Nevermind.....
    Last edited by Kramer318; 01-04-2007 at 01:34 PM.

  7. #7
    WiiChat Member EasyTarget's Avatar
    Member #
    6796
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    46
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer318
    You think I didn't search google? Why do you think I'm asking this question in the first place? Google doesn't have all the answers. Just hoping an expert or 2 might know of some little known 3rd party Wii component cable that could do what I asked above.

    Nevermind.....
    Dude all of krypten's posts are telling people how they arent using the forums or the internet correctly(he's quite the forum nazi). I have seen someone post this before wondering about the audio section of the component cables. I think their solution was just finding some sort of extension cable for the audio outputs. I dont know about your tv but mine has audio outputs, so I can play the sound from anything I have plugged into my tv on my surround sound.

  8. #8
    WiiChat Member Kramer318's Avatar
    Member #
    9185
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Sounds like the route I'll take. Not really what I was hoping for but it'll do the job. Thx.

  9. #9
    WiiChat Member Kryptenx's Avatar
    Member #
    4244
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    307
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyTarget
    Dude all of krypten's posts are telling people how they arent using the forums or the internet correctly(he's quite the forum nazi). I have seen someone post this before wondering about the audio section of the component cables. I think their solution was just finding some sort of extension cable for the audio outputs. I dont know about your tv but mine has audio outputs, so I can play the sound from anything I have plugged into my tv on my surround sound.
    Maybe if I could find a useful thread in between this mess of QUESTIONS ASKED 50 TIMES A DAY, I wouldn't have to. Until then, I will. We've already established that he needs extensions, read the first and third post.

    Kramer: if you searched and didn't find them, a good assumption would be that they aren't out there.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Component cables not working??
    By EKGProd in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 07:12 PM
  2. question about hooking up component cables
    By Norco21 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 01:53 AM
  3. Component Cables Question
    By samXcor3 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 02:59 PM
  4. Hotel Dusk: Help me!
    By Deathmetalmaster in forum Nintendo DS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 01:02 PM
  5. Component Cables Telephone Ordering
    By i0n in forum Wii News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 09:23 AM

Search tags for this page

tying component cables into nintendo wii

Click on a term to search for related topics.