Ok, heres an idea. Post your top 5 reasons (in order of preference) as to why you'll be buying the Wii, along with your top 5 gripes with anything Wii/PS3/360 related. These may be interchangable, so that if you'd prefer to say why you want a 360 or PS3, you can.
Note: Let's keep this all friendly, so nobody is allowed to say stuff like "WTF? Do you know how bad [insert word] is?" or "You obviously don't know anything because [insert explanation]".
I'll start: Top 5 reasons why I will be buying a Wii
1. Wii controller - adds a new edge to gameplay.
2. Cheap price - Can't go far wrong with this "wii" pricetag.
3. Free online play - I like the buddy codes, keeps things free and only allows you to play with people you know (theoretically), so parent's would be happy.
4. Zelda - The Wii version looks Wii-licious!
5. Wireless controllers - No more tangles! Being the owner of 5 consoles next to my TV (along with many games for each), it can get pretty tiresome trying to get things in a working order.
Gripes with next gen:
1. PS3 pricetag - Don't think many casual gamers will get one for quite some time.
2. Sony's statements - They seem (to me, as this is meant to be opinion orientated) arrogant of late.
3. Complaints (from fanboys) of the Wii-mote being a gimmick - Gimmicks are only such if they fail. Nobody would say that the Dance Dance Revolution mat was "gimmicky", as it has proved to be successful (apparently).
4. Blu-Ray - Seemingly a trojan horse for Sony, much like many of their other alternate formats (UMD, a-trac etc...)
5. HDTV - Pushes up the price of consoles and games development, whilst relatively few people have them, or actively looking to buy one.
Note: I've tried to give reasons, rather than start arguements (I know most of you won't start arguements, but when it comes to talking about other next-gen consoles, things CAN get a bit heated).
Also, for all readers, if you have a gripe with what other's say, please PM them so that they can edit their post, rather than posting their mistakes on the thread directly.
Other than that, have fun and discuss!