LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
  1. #21
    Lord of Jazz & Obscurity TheMix's Avatar
    Member #
    9636
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minnerapolis
    Posts
    72
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5762-1277-3527-9496
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    I'll unkindly disagree with your disagreement. People DO lose interest due to lack of availability. A lot of the hoopla around a console launch, is people want to have it right away, be in that elite group of people who finally have it. After one realizes they have to wait to get it, it just doesn't seem as necessary to get it right away.

    And edit a post if you want to add more, don't multipost in a row.
    I wasn't multiposting jackass, I was talking to someone else.

    Jesus, why do half the people on this board not have any tact whatsoever?

    If you want to diasgaree, fine, but learn how to be decent, don't be rude.

    Perhaps say "please" once and awhile.



    As for your argument....seems to me noone is losing interest in the Wii, sales certainly aren't declining. If the trend were to continue through next Christmas I'd say you have a point, but even if it were to be fairly unavailable through the next couple months, I don't think you've got a real problem there.

    I think people were pissed off more at Sony's pricing than they were with lack of availability at launch.

    I think it's fairly obvious that most video game fans don't have much in the way of principles. They tend to be worried about two things: 1. Cost and 2. Games. If availability were really that key of an issue, you certainly wouldn't have 200+ pages of posts in the "Still in search for a Wii" thread.

  2. #22
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMix
    I wasn't multiposting jackass, I was talking to someone else.

    Jesus, why do half the people on this board not have any tact whatsoever?

    If you want to diasgaree, fine, but learn how to be decent, don't be rude.

    Perhaps say "please" once and awhile.



    As for your argument....seems to me noone is losing interest in the Wii, sales certainly aren't declining. If the trend were to continue through next Christmas I'd say you have a point, but even if it were to be fairly unavailable through the next couple months, I don't think you've got a real problem there.

    I think people were pissed off more at Sony's pricing than they were with lack of availability at launch.

    I think it's fairly obvious that most video game fans don't have much in the way of principles. They tend to be worried about two things: 1. Cost and 2. Games. If availability were really that key of an issue, you certainly wouldn't have 200+ pages of posts in the "Still in search for a Wii" thread.
    "talking to someone else" - - Well clearly you now how to use the quote tag, so you are suppose to edit your post, add the next quote you are replying to below.

    And no, people were turned off because it wasn't available on launch. There was even an article I am pretty sure was even shown on this site, where they were talking about how a lot of people interviewed stated they lost interest because of the lack of availability.

    And there are 200 pages in the still in search for a wii thread, because this is a Wii forum. People come here because they have or want a wii.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  3. #23
    Lord of Jazz & Obscurity TheMix's Avatar
    Member #
    9636
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minnerapolis
    Posts
    72
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5762-1277-3527-9496
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    And no, people were turned off because it wasn't available on launch. There was even an article I am pretty sure was even shown on this site, where they were talking about how a lot of people interviewed stated they lost interest because of the lack of availability.
    Show me the article. Show me how many have been turned off. You assuming doesn't equal proof in my book.

    And there are 200 pages in the still in search for a wii thread, because this is a Wii forum. People come here because they have or want a wii.
    You just proved my point.

  4. #24
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMix
    Show me the article. Show me how many have been turned off. You assuming doesn't equal proof in my book.



    You just proved my point.
    You are using a couple dozen people posting in a thread on a wii forum...as proof that just because a console isn't available doesn't mean people stop wanting it? I didn't prove your point at all. Because this forum is a pure concentration of wii fans, thus it hardly represents the general public. And I'll let you look for the article.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  5. #25
    WiiChat Member musselwii's Avatar
    Member #
    6481
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    you cannot compare 360/ps3 to wii
    not because the Wii is the almighty system, as some would say.
    because Nintendo said , we are not part of the "Next Gen".

    Its like comparing apples to oranges , sure they have some things in common both are good! both are fruits! both are shiny colours! the list goes on but they taste different and have different qualities.
    Just because Nintendo and Sony launched there respective systems at the same time does not mean that they are to be compared to , they took oppposite roads in the same direction .
    To give different people different systems , different games , different types of fun
    Please stop comparing the Two (Two meaning Next Gen , and Wii)
    They are not meant to be

  6. #26
    WiiFanatic Shibumi's Avatar
    Member #
    12528
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1010-7777-3377-5289
    Man your right , Ihave been comparing my Wii against ths kids Ps3 you're right they two different things it's stupid to try and compare them.

  7. #27
    WiiChat Member 2ballscrewball's Avatar
    Member #
    12159
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    19
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ZinGy
    They should of added online to Call Of Duty 3. I have no idea why they didn't.

    They did not add Online to call of duty(COD) because COD is made by a 3rd part company and there is no Online with the Wii right now.

  8. #28
    WiiChat Member 2ballscrewball's Avatar
    Member #
    12159
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    19
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by NuFLo
    You cant really compare sales per console as each console sells at a different price.

    If you go by a consumer point of view then the ps3 is probably doing just aswell as the Wii. It may have sold 1/3 but costs 3 times as much so consumer spending is about equal for the PS3 and Wii. This doesnt translate into net gain though unfortunatly for Sony.
    you have to compare sales of consoles in numbers. It does not matter that people spent a billion dollars on ps3 and a billion dollars on the Wii. If that billion Dollars is 5 million Wii's and 2.5 million PS3's, the Wii is ahead. When you release a game, you cant sell 4 million copies if you only have 2.5 million consoles out there.

    The money is made on the games, most companies lose money selling the consoles.

  9. #29
    :eek: i0n's Avatar
    Member #
    1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,458
    Friends
    14
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Thread cleaned - lets keep the discussion mature and free from personal attacks please.

  10. #30
    WiiChat Member leomon's Avatar
    Member #
    12831
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    16
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ballscrewball
    Xbox took a chance releasing the 360 a year early. They risked people not buying their product because the Xbox just came out 4 years earlier and history says consoles last 5 to 7 years. They risked Sony raising their processing power and putting out a product that is way more powerful the 360.

    Sony made a mistake putting out a product that was way too expensive and it did not offer many advantages over the 360 (that is several hundred dollars less).

    Nintendo offered a product that is very inexpensive and looks even more inexpensive when compared to the PS3. The WII only cost $50 more then the SNES cost that was released 16 years earlier. They offered new control method. They put 3 million consoles out in the first 3 months of launch.

    I predict the PS3 will drop their price and some of the franchise games will come through.

    Wii sales will slow very soon and a lack of great 3rd party games and the failure of Nintendo to capitalize of the online function will make sales drop off.

    Microsoft sales will slow due to them trying to nickel and dime their customers to death.

    A year from now all of the consoles will have the same sales.

    If Nintendo manages a price drop and comes through on their promised online features, they will lead the sales figures.


    what do you think?


    does nintendo have a lack of third party support? i've heard to the contrary

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Can you explain the low sales of Hardcore Titles
    By stickmode in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 08:31 PM
  2. 2007 Console War In Review
    By CantGetAWii in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 01:38 PM
  3. DS UK Sales Revenue...Holy Bejeebers!!!
    By Rolex in forum Nintendo DS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 12:55 PM
  4. Nintendo Breaks Records with Wii and NIntendo DS
    By KHudson in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 12:54 AM
  5. January Wii/PS3/360 Sales
    By Scuba Steve in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 09:35 AM