LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

If We Bother Nintendo Enough, Maybe HD Support?

Hey Everyone,
    Just a thought. Maybe if Nintendo gets enough requests for a HD (720p, 1080i, 1080p) upgrade it will take it into consideration? I sent them an email asking about this because I think its a big problem. When I use component cables on a 42" hdtv the jaggies are horrible. All i want is a smooth looking picture. This isn't unprecedented because the Xbox 360 released an upgrade to give it 1080p support. So, if you're having the same issues why not take thirty seconds to express them to nintendo and let them know that the Wii owners of the world would appreciate at least a 720p upgrade.

Here is the link to the nintendo email customer support form:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform.jsp

2. Ads

Custom User Title (TM) MaXiMiUS's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2573-4546-5926-8361
    You can't really just "release an upgrade", for one, it's probably a technical limitation of the video card, two, the Wii isn't designed to run smoothly at those resolutions, so you'd get choppy as hell FPS, and three, none of the games currently released could even support it properly.

I don't think you thought this through well enough.
    Owned: Excite Truck [8 GRP], Wii Sports [6G, 7R, 8P], Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [9G, 5RP], Elebits [7GR, 5P], Wii Play [5G, 8RP], The Godfather: Blackhand Edition [10G, 9R, 7P], Super Paper Mario [8G, 6R, 5P], SSX Blur [10 GRP].
    Rented: Rayman Raving Rabbids [6G, 7R, 9P].
    Wanted: Resident Evil 4, no Wii games currently.

G = Gameplay Rating, R = Replay Value, P = Party Rating, all out of 10.

Member #
    Friends
    Hmm in response I would like to say this, I'd like my computer to run twice as fast and display a better picture than it does at the moment, perhaps I could download a patch? No? Then how about my car running at 2.0 instead of 1.2? Get some new petrol? No? This is because those things are dependant on the hardware and technology that they're built with, software and new petrol isn't going to change the fact I have an X700 PCI-E card in my laptop and that my car won't compete with a jaguar S-type.

Don't you think if all it took was a bit of code to make the Wii display fine at 720p then Nintendo would have done it?
    Owned: Wii, Sports, Play, LoZ:TP

Banned ToadIsDoingMagicMushrooms's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8263-8201-5467-9061
    The 360 was enabled through update but it had the right card.

I don't think the Wii does....

Member #
    Friends
    I don't know...the original Xbox was capable of outputting 720p resolution. The Wii is significantly more powerful than the original Xbox. I find it hard to believe that it would be impossible to upgrade the wii software to output a 720p res. In a few years most of the country will be running on HDTVs, so I don't know why Nintendo wouldn't take advantage of the superior technology around these days.

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ZeBeach
    Hey Everyone,
    Just a thought. Maybe if Nintendo gets enough requests for a HD (720p, 1080i, 1080p) upgrade it will take it into consideration? I sent them an email asking about this because I think its a big problem. When I use component cables on a 42" hdtv the jaggies are horrible. All i want is a smooth looking picture. This isn't unprecedented because the Xbox 360 released an upgrade to give it 1080p support. So, if you're having the same issues why not take thirty seconds to express them to nintendo and let them know that the Wii owners of the world would appreciate at least a 720p upgrade.

Here is the link to the nintendo email customer support form:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform.jsp

Honestly, they'll just have an automatic message saying that they'll read your letter and put your thoughts into consideration, other than that, don't expect to hear much. If you wish to see some High def visuals, check out a 360 and play Gears of War or Call of Duty. Other than the component cables, don't expect much to be released, especially since many people don't even own an HD.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    Honestly, they'll just have an automatic message saying that they'll read your letter and put your thoughts into consideration, other than that, don't expect to hear much. If you wish to see some High def visuals, check out a 360 and play Gears of War or Call of Duty. Other than the component cables, don't expect much to be released, especially since many people don't even own an HD.
    But I really like my Wii and I don't want a 360. All I want is to be able to play Wii games without jaggies! Is that too much to ask Nintendo!?!?!??!?! IS IT!??!?!?!

Member #
    Friends
    But I really like my Wii and I don't want a 360. All I want is to be able to play Wii games without jaggies! Is that too much to ask Nintendo!?!?!??!?! IS IT!??!?!?!
    You new the score when you bought it, there was enough reviews about the graphics and screen shot differences, buy a smaller screen, wont notice the jaggies as much.

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052

Get a 26 inch LCD television by Samsung, you'll notice upon how beautiful it looks in that screen. Other than that, yes it is asking too much from Nintendo, as they cannot be bothered by petty requests.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sheppy124
    You new the score when you bought it, there was enough reviews about the graphics and screen shot differences, buy a smaller screen, wont notice the jaggies as much.
    Yea i know. Its still awesome, no matter what the resolution is and I wouldn't trade it for any of the other consoles. I'm just looking for the cherry on top of the sundae that would make it perfect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads