LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3498-5538-0554-5440
    I don't see why Nintendo can't but the old DK games on the VC they own the rights to them and i heard Rare can still make games for Nintendo handhelds since Microsoft is not in that market. I also heard there is supposed to be a new Diddy Knog Racing for the DS.

"The Legend"

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I never heard you couldnt dowload donkey kong games but maybe you can because nintendo owns it and it would be a nintendo game not a rare game.

Wii funds $400

Member #
    Friends
    No conquer is the worst problem. That game had the best multiplayer ever. And the game was hillarious. That wouldve been the first game that I would download for VC. Good thing I still have 64 - maybe i could pick up a copy of conquers bad fur day at a game swap store. . .

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    Donkey Kong games are owned by nintendo, remember it was the first gamem in which mario appeared (jumpman) to save Pauline (no peach) and it was created by nintendo... although it was developed by RARE but it was owned by nintendo (the rights) so dont worry about

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    0287-9971-6660-4138
    yeah, i think they have already finished making the diddy kong racing for ds, it looks ok but i think that the 64 version looked better. There are all these new characters and stuff on the ds one. I saw in a magazine.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadium
    Donkey Kong games are owned by nintendo, remember it was the first gamem in which mario appeared (jumpman) to save Pauline (no peach) and it was created by nintendo... although it was developed by RARE but it was owned by nintendo (the rights) so dont worry about
    Actually Rare had nothing to do with the original Donkey Kong game, it was developed indepentdently by Nintendo. Neither did Rare have anything to do with the other pre-SNES Donkey Kong titles (Donkey Kong Junior, Donkey Kong 3 and Donkey Kong Junior Math). The only Donkey Kong games Rare created were the three Donkey Kong Country games, the three Donkey Kong Land games and Donkey Kong 64. Rare never had any right to the Donkey Kong series they simply made them for Nintendo. Also Nintendo own the numerous Kongs Rare invented (Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong etc) as most of them have appeared in the Donkey Konga games, and therefore should have no trouble putting Rare's DK games on the VC.

Most of N64 Rare's games I own/ can get (Perfect Dark is going to arrive at my house soon ). What I'm really concerned about though is one of Rare's NES titles: R.C Pro-Am. It is regarded, along with Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Metroid and Duck Hunt as one of the NES' best games. Its one of the few great NES games I've never played and I would of loved to have tried it out. Oh and it was also the first big game from Rare and one of the first racing games to use weapons.
    *insert crappy urine related Wii pun here in a attempt to be funny, when really I'm not*

WOO! My Wii has finally been dispatched, so I shoud get it tommorrow! Now you can all stop crying for me .

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    I'm pretty sure nintendo already said that the major rare titles would be on vc

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    Quote Originally Posted by Link_of_Hyrule
    I'm pretty sure nintendo already said that the major rare titles would be on vc
    source?
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Member #
    Friends
    Maybe Nintendo will find a way to slip around the laws, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG i just relized! they cant make a profit out of it, maybe the Rare games will come free with the Wii, so they wont make a profit out of it .

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Yes, yes. You know at first when I heard of Rare being bought bby MS, I was really upset, but as soon as I saw Rare make crappy games for MS, I laughed and moved on. Rare has lost it's touch.
    [/URL]
    [/URL]
    \\....//\\....//..O...O................Join the Revolution.
    ..\\//....\\//....||...||....................Together, Wii can change the world.

Ads