Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by supafly
    do you even own wii?

nunchucks and the classic controller use the batteries from the wii controller

erm,,, re-read his post...

"making EVERYTHING wireless"

unless youv found some nice way to make wireless things pass power back and forth, i believe the nunchucks and classic controller will have to have batteries.

Member #
    Friends
    8349-6458-1513-1947
    OMG! 2 bateries for each controller. That's it. The nunckuck, and classic controller don't even have slots for batteries. with four controllers you only need 8 batteries. And yes a Wireless bar would be a dumb idea. The cord on the back of the bar is plenty long enough. We can't have EVERYTHING wireless. Just think of all the radiowaves flying around with like 20 wireless things going in the same room. That'd probly cause cancer or something. lol

PM Message me when you add me!

Top 3 All-Time Favorite Systems:
    Super Nintendo
    Wii
    Gamecube

Member #
    Friends
    4397-9712-6213-1836
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe
    OMG! 2 bateries for each controller. That's it. The nunckuck, and classic controller don't even have slots for batteries. with four controllers you only need 8 batteries. And yes a Wireless bar would be a dumb idea. The cord on the back of the bar is plenty long enough. We can't have EVERYTHING wireless. Just think of all the radiowaves flying around with like 20 wireless things going in the same room. That'd probly cause cancer or something. lol
    ROFL, that's probobly the funniest thing I've heard today. Not sure why, but I just burst out laughing.

Member #
    Friends
    8349-6458-1513-1947
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel-Froggy
    ROFL, that's probobly the funniest thing I've heard today. Not sure why, but I just burst out laughing.
    Glad I could put a smile on your face.

Super Nintendo
    Wii
    Gamecube

Member #
    Friends
    Just think of all the radiowaves flying around with like 20 wireless things going in the same room. That'd probly cause cancer or something. lol
    lol! but doesn't everything cause cancer nowadays?

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii bar doesn't actually talk to the Wii, it just get's power from it and is used to locate the bottom of the screen. While the cord is long enough for you, I would like to locate my Wii in my AV Closet which is not that close. Having a cordless solution for the bar would allow me to not deal with the extra wire. The Wii itself connects to my video processor which is located in the closet and when I go to play the Wii I move the bar to the front of the tv and I have to drape the cable on the floor since it's too short for now.

Yuu
    Member #
    Friends
    lol... do you KNOW how many signals are in the air? if wireless signals cause cancer we'd all be dead. Think radio waves, internet connections, satellites, cell phones.

Member #
    Friends

I would like the portability

I would buy the extra sensor bar because I could keep that one in my case for portability without having to reroute the wire everytime I want to take it with me.

Member #
    Friends
    8349-6458-1513-1947
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyNJ
    The Wii bar doesn't actually talk to the Wii, it just get's power from it and is used to locate the bottom of the screen. While the cord is long enough for you, I would like to locate my Wii in my AV Closet which is not that close. Having a cordless solution for the bar would allow me to not deal with the extra wire. The Wii itself connects to my video processor which is located in the closet and when I go to play the Wii I move the bar to the front of the tv and I have to drape the cable on the floor since it's too short for now.
    Put your Wii next to the TV like everyone else.

The AV box thing. Well, I learned a long time ago. Keep it simple. I used to have a Gamecube, Dreamcast, a modded PS1, N64, and my computer running through my TV with the surround sound setup from the computer routed all throughout the room. It was cool until I had to plug in something else, or unplug something to take it to a friend's house. Oh and be careful, a friend of mine had his Wii near his TV not on it, and somebody got caught on a cord, and broke his Wii. PUT IT BY THE TV.

Super Nintendo
    Wii
    Gamecube

Member #
    Friends
    Put your Wii next to the TV like everyone else.

The AV box thing. Well, I learned a long time ago. Keep it simple. I used to have a Gamecube, Dreamcast, a modded PS1, N64, and my computer running through my TV with the surround sound setup from the computer routed all throughout the room. It was cool until I had to plug in something else, or unplug something to take it to a friend's house. Oh and be careful, a friend of mine had his Wii near his TV not on it, and somebody got caught on a cord, and broke his Wii. PUT IT BY THE TV.
    Some people have front projection setups that have long cable pathways that wouldn't allow for A wii or any other hardware to be placed close to the screen. Projectors are getting cheaper and cheaper, and soon you'll be able to buy a front projection setup for less than the cost of a 50" plasma(you can do this now if you're creative).

To answer the OPs question, Nyko hasn't given a date for the sensor bar, but it will probably be within a few months.

Ads