LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    The Toys R Us(es) in the Baltimore area got a big shipment this weekend. Between 60 and 80.

Member #
    Friends
    1134-2816-8330-8455

SoCal Availability Update

In Orange County area, Target seems best bet. I'm waiting for BB to restock since I will be buying mine with gift cards.

At least in SoCal, overnight trucks arrive on Tuesday and Friday. With no ad this weekend, looks like Tuesday is gonna be the next good opportunity.

Member #
    Friends
    After talking my parents into getting me a Wii for a graduation present instead of a new computer (), I started researching how to find a wii - I'd done it a few times in the past, just teasing myself.

"Find Wii" into google, first link was to this post in this forum. I read the post, immediately tried Target Backdoor #2.

The Target in Bloomington-Normal Illinois, 30 minutes from me popped up. My sister goes to school there, so I'm familar with the area. I called the store, found out they had 3. Got in my car and started driving. They had 2 left when I got there.

I bought one Nintendo Wii, one extra nunchuck, Wii Play w/ extra remote, and Zelda, Twilight Princess.

Awesome. I owe this forum for helping me get a Wii, hours after I searched for one.

The only downside, they didn't have the component cable in stock so I thought I'd pop over to Best Buy. I promptly locked my keys in my car and had to forfeit pride and ask the CLOSED Best Buy to borrow a phonebook to call a locksmith (411 is inaudible on my cell). But the guy showed up early, and 65$ later I was on my way back to good 'ol Peoria, IL.

Now, I have to leave everything in the packaging for 2 weeks. Finals start next week, and I have a lot to finish before then. This will be hard.

So again, I was so impressed with the forum, I wanted to register and share my success story.

Thanks again!

Member #
    Friends
    Hi Sportyyyy,

Congratulation! I hope when people read your story, they will stop the urge to buy from eBay and getting ripped off by eBay sellers who are charging $400+ per system.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by dchao
    Hi Sportyyyy,

Congratulation! I hope when people read your story, they will stop the urge to buy from eBay and getting ripped off by eBay sellers who are charging $400+ per system.
    Thanks! Yeah, I looked at the Ebay prices and said "No way in hell." I half considered buying the last available Wii and reselling it, but I felt dirty just thinking about it. 25-30$ profit isn't worth that feeling, but over 100$, I could put aside my ethics .

Member #
    Friends
    It looks like Nintendo has really upped their shipments of Wii's. Hopefully those looking for them have not given up and will take the time to look around. I have wanted a Wii for some time and about a week ago, decided it was time to buy one. I found target had been receiving shipments all last week, but was told when I called they didn't have them. They were saving them for the Sunday ad. Of course the store I went to, only had 9 of them and I didn't get up early enough. I checked the Target Backdoor webpage in the morning and afternoon. They started getting more shipments in on Tuesday as they were being unboxed when I got there. Told several people about it and most stores still had some in the next day. The backdoor number 2 seems to be down right now, so I'm not sure if they still have them or not.

Point is, just be patient and keep checking threads like this. I'm guessing that more and mroe will be arriving at the stores starting this month. Stay away from Ebay, it's not worth paying all the shipping and handling charges and the premium. You can get one at cost in a week if you just keep looking.

Member #
    Friends
    I found one yesterday, mostly due to this thread. I used itrackr to find out that a GameStop nearby got a shipment in. I got there at 11:30ish (about 1.5 hrs after they opened) and they still had some left. Of course, I called ahead of time to confirm that they got some in, but they wouldn't tell me exactly how many they had in stock.

FYI, I have only been looking for a couple of days. It helps that I'm in a fairly large market (Houston), but they are out there.

Member #
    Friends
    you can also enter to win one for free here:

http://contests.gamesradar.com/wiishowdown/

and check here:

http://digg.com/tech_deals/The_Ultim..._Giveaway_List

Member #
    Friends
    I just joined. I'm looking for a Wii in the Pittsburgh area. I just decided to get one a week ago or so and was completely SHOCKED that they are still so hard to come by! It seems I'm just behind on all the tricks - the backdoors aren't working, iTrackr in my area appears to be crap, etc. Any tips for an amateur would be greatly appreciated!

We're going to try Target early tomorrow morning and probably TRU as well. iTrackr said that several local Targets are in stock but when my husband called, they said they had each had 2 on Sunday - iTrackr said they were in stock just from Tuesday!

Anyway, I love to hear that there are people buying them and returning them to try to thwart some of the "scalpers"! I really got a good chuckle out of that!

Member #
    Friends
    1134-2816-8330-8455
    ToysRUs has had the console-only available online since 2am PST this morning at:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2549771

Even though I'm waiting for BB to get them in stock (I have $300 in gift cards I plan to use), it's a good sign that a non bundle console is available online.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Ads