After weeks of searching, I finally found my Wii. This forum (especially the "Still on the search for a Wii" thread) and the members here are the reason I was successful. With that in mind, I wanted to give back to this forum, and possibly help some newbies get their Wiis.
Hopefully, soon Wiis will be readily available everywhere. Until that time, I hope this thread helps. With any luck the thread will get stickied.
Tips & Tricks:
- First and foremost, get an itrackr account. More information below.
- I am told that Using the wiialerts website is extremely useful. More information below.
- Wiis have been coming in via UPS for the last few weeks. Find out when UPS delivers to a store, and start calling or visiting the store each day during UPS delivery times.
- If you want to know what days each delivery service take off for holidays, check here:
- With the above said, more and more Wiis are coming via traditional overnight store trucks. Target in particular is getting nightly shipments in fairly regularly.
- If you are asking help in finding a Wii from Wiichat.com forum members, put your location in your profile.
- The code "207-25-0001" can be punched in at one of those price-check dealies at your local Target; it will tell you if the store has any Wiis in the back room. Read more about it here.
- Early Bestbuy / Target / Circuit City fliers can be found in this forum.
A member named speedy1961 posts the coming week's fliers early in the week (Monday/Tuesday). Posts always look similar to the following, titled something like "Target Prices: January 14 - January 20, 2007":
- TRU deliveries come via DHL.
When asking about Wii availability:
- Be courteous
- Realize that store employees are being asked about the Wii 40,000 times a day.
- Don't ask when the next shipment will come in. 99% of the time the employees do not know.
- Instead ask "Could you please tell me when your last shipment of wiis was?" (this is a question they can actually answer and gets the conversation going)
- Ask how their wiis were delivered
- Ask what time that carrier usually comes and if there are weekend deliveries
- Ask about rumors you have heard (i.e. holding wiis for such and such dates)
Back door Inventory Links:
Target Back Door: (Console) (Remote) (Nunchuck) - Very reliable. To use this you have to view the page source and ctrl+f your city name/zip and look below it to see the availability status.
Target Back door #2 - Alternative to above; do not have to view page source.
Gamestop Back Door: (Console) (Classic Controller) (Nunchuck) (Remote) - Not completely reliable
Circuit City Backdoor: (Console) (Remote) (Nunchuck) - Reliable
Comp USA Backdoor: (Console) (Remote) (Nunchuck) - Unknown reliability
WiiAlerts.com - Very similar to iTrackr, however it alerts you by cell phone txt message when an online store has Wiis in stock (iTrackr is for stores in your area).
Wiiseeker - Handy for finding eBay Wii auctions around your area (save money on shipping). Also lists stores in the area & lists when Wii inventory will be in stock. This information is based on internet rumors for the most part. Sometimes it is accurate, sometimes it is way off.
iTrackr - Get this!!!! #1 way to get ahold of a Wii. Free to sign up. If you want alerts via email and/or SMS text message to your cell, it costs $1.99 for up to 10 stores.
Refresh Thing - Shows availability at online retailers. Good if you are willing to pay for one of the more expensive Wii bundles & don't mind waiting for shipping.
xpbargins - Similar to refreshthing.
Notifywire - Unfamiliar with this site.
Wiifind.co.uk - UK Site.
stocknetwork.co.uk - Another UK site.
WiiPreorder.co.uk - Another UK site.
Craigslist - Go to the section of craigslist for your state, then look in the for sale section. Folks often sell Wiis there.
Amazon.com - If you are willing to pay the scalpers.
- itrackr DEFINITELY works for target.
- itrackr sometimes works for EBGames/Gamestop. Especially reliable if the notification comes overnight.
- itrackr sometimes works for Circuit City. More reliable than EBGames/Gamestop in my opinion.
- If stores in your area haven't shown activity in days or weeks, it is because the stores are not getting Wii consoles in stock (not because itrackr isn't working). *** Note: This only applies to Circuit City & Target, as EBGames & Gamestop are unreliable.
Other forums for Wii searchers:
Slickdeals Wii Availability Forum
Fatwallet Wii Availability Forum
Amazon.com Nintendo Wii Forum
P.S. If you have something you would like to add to this, please PM me with the details. I'm more than happy to edit the post to include more helpful info.