+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3305-1109-2800-2982

Find a Wii - Tips, Tricks, Helpful Links

All:

After weeks of searching, I finally found my Wii. This forum (especially the "Still on the search for a Wii" thread) and the members here are the reason I was successful. With that in mind, I wanted to give back to this forum, and possibly help some newbies get their Wiis.

Hopefully, soon Wiis will be readily available everywhere. Until that time, I hope this thread helps. With any luck the thread will get stickied.

Tips & Tricks:
    • First and foremost, get an itrackr account. More information below.
    • I am told that Using the wiialerts website is extremely useful. More information below.
    • Wiis have been coming in via UPS for the last few weeks. Find out when UPS delivers to a store, and start calling or visiting the store each day during UPS delivery times.
    • If you want to know what days each delivery service take off for holidays, check here:
      UPS
      FedEx
      DHL
    • With the above said, more and more Wiis are coming via traditional overnight store trucks. Target in particular is getting nightly shipments in fairly regularly.
    • If you are asking help in finding a Wii from Wiichat.com forum members, put your location in your profile.
    • The code "207-25-0001" can be punched in at one of those price-check dealies at your local Target; it will tell you if the store has any Wiis in the back room. Read more about it here.
    • Early Bestbuy / Target / Circuit City fliers can be found in this forum.
      A member named speedy1961 posts the coming week's fliers early in the week (Monday/Tuesday). Posts always look similar to the following, titled something like "Target Prices: January 14 - January 20, 2007":
    • TRU deliveries come via DHL.

When asking about Wii availability:
    • Be courteous
    • Realize that store employees are being asked about the Wii 40,000 times a day.
    • Don't ask when the next shipment will come in. 99% of the time the employees do not know.
    • Instead ask "Could you please tell me when your last shipment of wiis was?" (this is a question they can actually answer and gets the conversation going)
    • Ask how their wiis were delivered
    • Ask what time that carrier usually comes and if there are weekend deliveries
    • Ask about rumors you have heard (i.e. holding wiis for such and such dates)

Back door Inventory Links:

Target Back Door: (Console) (Remote) (Nunchuck) - Very reliable. To use this you have to view the page source and ctrl+f your city name/zip and look below it to see the availability status.

Target Back door #2 - Alternative to above; do not have to view page source.

Gamestop Back Door: (Console) (Classic Controller) (Nunchuck) (Remote) - Not completely reliable

Circuit City Backdoor: (Console) (Remote) (Nunchuck) - Reliable

Comp USA Backdoor: (Console) (Remote) (Nunchuck) - Unknown reliability

Online Tools:

WiiAlerts.com - Very similar to iTrackr, however it alerts you by cell phone txt message when an online store has Wiis in stock (iTrackr is for stores in your area).

Wiiseeker - Handy for finding eBay Wii auctions around your area (save money on shipping). Also lists stores in the area & lists when Wii inventory will be in stock. This information is based on internet rumors for the most part. Sometimes it is accurate, sometimes it is way off.

iTrackr - Get this!!!! #1 way to get ahold of a Wii. Free to sign up. If you want alerts via email and/or SMS text message to your cell, it costs $1.99 for up to 10 stores.

Refresh Thing - Shows availability at online retailers. Good if you are willing to pay for one of the more expensive Wii bundles & don't mind waiting for shipping.

xpbargins - Similar to refreshthing.

Notifywire - Unfamiliar with this site.

Wiifind.co.uk - UK Site.

stocknetwork.co.uk - Another UK site.

WiiPreorder.co.uk - Another UK site.

Craigslist - Go to the section of craigslist for your state, then look in the for sale section. Folks often sell Wiis there.

Amazon.com - If you are willing to pay the scalpers.

Itrackr tips:
    • itrackr DEFINITELY works for target.
    • itrackr sometimes works for EBGames/Gamestop. Especially reliable if the notification comes overnight.
    • itrackr sometimes works for Circuit City. More reliable than EBGames/Gamestop in my opinion.
    • If stores in your area haven't shown activity in days or weeks, it is because the stores are not getting Wii consoles in stock (not because itrackr isn't working). *** Note: This only applies to Circuit City & Target, as EBGames & Gamestop are unreliable.

Other forums for Wii searchers:

Slickdeals Wii Availability Forum

Fatwallet Wii Availability Forum

Amazon.com Nintendo Wii Forum

-Merc

P.S. If you have something you would like to add to this, please PM me with the details. I'm more than happy to edit the post to include more helpful info.
    Last edited by mercinary; 11-14-2007 at 05:54 AM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mercinary
    [*] If stores in your area haven't shown activity in days or weeks, it is because the stores are not getting Wii consoles in stock (not because itrackr isn't working).[/list]
    Not true. My local EB games has according to Itrackr been out of stock for 23 days. I was just there today and they said they got 3 in earlier in the day. They also told me they are recieveing fairly regular midweek shipments.

Despite all the praise Itrackr is getting, I just want people to know that it might not work for you.

Member #
    Friends
    4695-5512-9245-2353
    Quote Originally Posted by stljason1
    Not true. My local EB games has according to Itrackr been out of stock for 23 days. I was just there today and they said they got 3 in earlier in the day. They also told me they are recieveing fairly regular midweek shipments.

Despite all the praise Itrackr is getting, I just want people to know that it might not work for you.
    I have the same experience with iTrackr. No alerts even though these stores had them.

Member #
    Friends
    Is Target Back door #2 reliable? I haven't tried the first one, but from checking inventory using #2, it says that Wii are available in the Targets in my area. Is it updated constantly?

Member #
    Friends
    3305-1109-2800-2982
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveDamage
    Is Target Back door #2 reliable? I haven't tried the first one, but from checking inventory using #2, it says that Wii are available in the Targets in my area. Is it updated constantly?
    No idea. When you check Target #1, does it give the same result?

-Merc

Member #
    Friends
    I don't really know how to use Target #1. Do you have to enter the zip code/city/state first, click search, then press ctrl-F, or when you click on the link to Target #1 just press ctrl-F?

Member #
    Friends
    3305-1109-2800-2982
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveDamage
    I don't really know how to use Target #1. Do you have to enter the zip code/city/state first, click search, then press ctrl-F, or when you click on the link to Target #1 just press ctrl-F?
    You have to enter your zip code first. Then you need to view the source of the resulting page. You can do that in your browser via the "View" Menu. It should have a "Page Source" option. You then search through the source code (ctrl-f brings up the search window).

-Merc

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks, but it isn't working for me. I'm using Firefox if that makes any difference. After entering my zip code, clicking search, viewing the source, and using ctrl-F to search, my zip code isn't showing up, same goes for the city I live in.

Member #
    Friends
    3006-0456-1074-5451
    Read this article.

http://www.ydr.com/business/ci_4992512

It's quite good and will give you renewed strength!

Think of the wii hunt as a real-world Zelda quest!

http://www.xpbargains.com/wii_locator.php

This one is good for CC, etc. It does not pick up TRU. Use wiitracker for TRU.

Oh and itrackr also tracks remotes and chuks, just go to "Hot Items" then "Game Consoles" then "Console Accessories". Apparently you can now track these for free.

Member #
    Friends
    Has anyone every had any luck on a Saturday? Do stores even get shipments in on Saturdays?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads