Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I'm Rick James Beotch PACO DIAZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i have a 360 and it is a better deal in my opinion

p.s. but i still can't find the beloved wii!
    Last edited by PACO DIAZ; 01-16-2007 at 03:27 PM.

2. Ads

WiiChat Member mothershipconnection's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I'd go 360 as well. It has more games, is cheaper, has a huge online crowd, and isn't technologically inferior.

Member #
    Friends
    As of right now, I would say get a 360. There's no problems with it b/c it has been out for over a year now, so any problems from launch are all worked out and fixed. There's plenty of games to choose from, and yes, xbox live is definitely the best in online console gaming (don't forget there is a fee for it, unlike ps3's free online service).

Don't get the idea that I'm saying the ps3 sucks, I want one myself but if I do get one it'll be probably a year or so. I'll make sure all it's problems are worked out first. Plus I've spent plenty of money recently on my Wii and 360 games.
    "Ideas get better...except, maybe, the idea of government."

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mothershipconnection
    I'd go 360 as well. It has more games, is cheaper, has a huge online crowd, and isn't technologically inferior.

um yeah it actually is. ps3 is actually a technological juggernaut; it has blueray, an uber cpu that outsources its power to several subprocessors; its just that no game is out yet that shows its true potential. wii is innovative. 360 has nothing; its just a modless xbox with slightly better graphics.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroff
    um yeah it actually is. ps3 is actually a technological juggernaut; it has blueray, an uber cpu that outsources its power to several subprocessors; its just that no game is out yet that shows its true potential. wii is innovative. 360 has nothing; its just a modless xbox with slightly better graphics.
    360 has nothing? I hope you've at least played a 360 game before stating that. And graphics slightly better than xbox? Have you played Rainbow Six: Vegas? That's far better than any xbox graphics. The 360 also has Live, which the ps3 or Wii will never be able to compete with, at least not anytime soon. Hmm, xbox live arcade...another great feature.

And what do you mean by modless?

As I stated before, I want a ps3. But not until it really starts to impress me. You're right, there aren't any games out yet that show it's full potential, but from what I've heard developers are having a hard time developing for the ps3 so who knows when we'll see that amazingly beautiful and realistic game?

Also, the ps3 may be a "technological juggernaut" with an "uber cpu", but that doesn't make it the best. I've played Motorstorm a few times at best buy and every time I've experienced some sort of lag or freezing. You can give me the "the ps3's are on all day and get hot", but I've had my 360 on for over 8 hours before without any problems.
    Last edited by p2y2r7o; 01-16-2007 at 02:54 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    i refuse to pay for online play. I would rather pay $200 for life than pay a monthly fee. ps3 has free online play. and xbox live arcade? just use ur pc and play arcade games online. Wii has virtual console, some of the games on it are arcade classics,

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroff
    i refuse to pay for online play. I would rather pay $200 for life than pay a monthly fee. ps3 has free online play. and xbox live arcade? just use ur pc and play arcade games online. Wii has virtual console, some of the games on it are arcade classics,
    Yes, I know that the ps3 has free online play. So did the ps2...and where did that go? Nowhere. Sure, there were a few good online games, especially Socom, which was a great online game. And I don't pay monthly for Live, I pay something like $50 a year, and you know what that gets me? Great service, people always online in pretty much any game with online capability, downloads of movie trailers, clips, game demos, and now you can even download movies.

So what exactly do you not like about xbox Live? Is it just the fee? It's not that much for what you get out of it.

Maybe you're just a Microsoft hater...which is ridiculous. I love my outlook on gaming. I simply like games...no matter what console it's on. Therefore I have a much wider variety of games to enjoy than you do! So I win, sorry.

Member #
    Friends
    I like games too, no matter the system, its just Xbox doesnt have the style of games that i like. I dont like shooters or sports games or war games and those r the only games that r good 4 xbox. $50 a year is still a lot. i had a ps2 and a gamecube, and my neighbors broken xbox which i cuda fixed but found no need to as the ps2 and gamecube gave me what i needed.

and yes i dont like microsoft. They give overpriced software and no service whatsoever just so bill gates can get even richer.

Member #
    Friends
    Okay, you coulda said it was just the games you didn't care for...that's understandable. I thought you were just going after the system itself. I'm calling it quits on this argument...kbye! I have class.

Am I Losing Friends? +Maniacal=Maniac+'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4516-7863-9846-6018
    360 Defidently
    Great Games
    Great Online
    Live Chat With Your Friends

It's A Great System!

Meh