LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    When a radio show holds a contest where they know that by succeeding in the contest the contestant might die, and then has no medical staff on hand, there are going to be serious problems. This is a no brainer.

If they didn't know that death could result, then just as bad because they didn't do the research they should have.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by magnavol
    The radio station was negligent in that they held a contest that directly led to the womans death. they failed to research the hazards of their contest and ignored warnings from people of the hazards. They failed to inform the contestants of these hazards even when they did hear of them.

The radio station and DJ's will not be charged with Murder, only negligently causing her death.

It is still up in the air whether any criminal charges will be levied, but the family WILL sue and win (or likely settle) a civil suit.
    I hear you what you saying because somebody earlier was making it seem like this would be murder and i was trying to let them know that can't be use... So bar tenders can be liable, i'll keep that in mind. I know its your money and you buy how much you want so i didn't think the bar tender could be liable if something was to happen.......... But how many times does someone have to punch you in the face before you duck or move? thats natural to duck hey. So if your not listening to your body it could lead to death. I just think that its the individual fault more than the radio station, because you would have to be senseless to say the radio station didnt say that would happen to me. look at our stomachs and look at 2 gallon bottle of water, and tell me how you think all of that is going to fit in us at one time, without something bad happening. thats all i'm saying.
    Last edited by hotpotato78; 01-18-2007 at 03:38 PM.

|Losing Faith Nintendo| LyricistSoldier's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristi1696
    Considering you obviously have never looked at the definition of negligence, I thought that I would bring it to you...

(From Wikipedia)
    A person is negligent in law, on the basis of four components. First, he or she must have had a duty of care towards a plaintiff. Second, he or she must have breached that duty. Third, there must be a factual causal connection between the breach and the harm. Fourth, the harm must not be too remote a consequence of the breach, known as legal causation.

Let's see:
    1). Duty of care (duty to inform): CHECK! (that's why they had them sign the generic waiver in the first place)
    2). Breach of duty: CHECK! (they did not inform contestants of risk, nor did they provide or seek medical attention)
    3). Factual causation: CHECK! (contest led directly to death)
    4). Significant consequence: CHECK! (death seems pretty significant)

So there you go....N-E-G-L-I-G-E-N-T!!!
    ok smarty pants...
    first off 4 is wrong it was stated you could die. COULD. your good at definitions. go look it up.

Second... negligence? no it isnt negligence if they didnt know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the participants would die. It was just stated they could die. What were they to do... stop the thing in the middle of the contest and say wait wait some random person that we cannot prove is of any medical knowledge said you could die from this? so dumb.

TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT IS ALREADY
    a fluke accident it was water already

and how can a radio station be held accountable for the fact that it was her body makeup that led her die? how would they know that she would end up with that exact 1 in a hundred recepie for death? It was known she could have health issues because of it, just like u can if you get in a car? Sh*t happens. Live On. Dont ruin lives of families by suing a radio station to close it out in turn leaving people without jobs.
    Last edited by LyricistSoldier; 01-18-2007 at 03:37 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5574-4537-7049-7984
    Those little bastards don't deserve shit. They were probably spoiled brats that didn't appreciate their mom anyway.

Member #
    Friends
    thank you LyricistSoldier! i know i was not tripping. Its sad she have to died but it was an accident. this will go know where if people was to sue. like i said before HOPELESS

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpotato78
    thank you LyricistSoldier! i know i was not tripping. Its sad she have to died but it was an accident. this will go know where if people was to sue. like i said before HOPELESS
    i agree... its tragic.. yea it could of been handled better..
    but taking it to courts and suing is just spreading it out.
    society needs to not teach our children that just cuz somone affects your life in a poor or in this case a horrible way, doesnt mean u get to sue to ruin their lives and better your own.

also response to the dude on the other page...
    Freethinking is ok, really. But liberal freethinking istnt. Why? Because they use their free thinking to go beyond moral boundary. Just to protect what their all about... free thinking... no matter how assinine or wrong their opinions get.
    Last edited by LyricistSoldier; 01-18-2007 at 03:47 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Yea people just have to find someone to blame. plenty of times things can be aviod if we would pay attention....so the good thing about this is, now everybody know to much water intake can kill. So in the future no one could run on with foolishness. I would understand if the radio station was to give her kids a wii, but its not the station fault at all. Their contracts was like those yellow signs, that be in the mall and stores that says "floor is wet" so once that sign is up and you fall down, you can not sue.

Member #
    Friends
    3006-0456-1074-5451
    For the people who don't think that the radio station was at fault, I have a quick question for you...

If it had be YOU running the contest, and someone had informed you that drinking that much water could kill someone, would you inform the participants?

It's a simple question. What would you have done?

And, actually, an additional question. Before this incident, did YOU know that drinking too much water could kill? And if you did (and without googling this), how much water kills someone?

Member #
    Friends
    yes i would have, why hide that information.

Member #
    Friends
    no i didnt know drinking too much could kill you.. tho yes it seems logical now that i have hindsite

and if i was running the contest and people were alive having a good time (besides saying their gut hurt or they wanted to throw up, since thats part of the fun of drinking contests) and someone called saying that people could die doing it... i wouldnt have stopped the contest to tell them. 1 you cant be shure who someone is over the phone to know if they are ligit or not, 2 like I said everyone was having a ball with it there didnt seem any immediate danger so i'd let it keep going. Shure after it was over if they felt real bad i'd tell em to go to the doctor or if they asked id call them an ambulence. But it doesnt matter, hindsite doesnt make me qualified to say the station was wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Ads