LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0215-4612-4224-9027
    the wii is going to bust out some good games. just wait till the next half of 2007 for games like smash bros brawl and sadness.

Member #
    Friends
    Just to weigh in, I'm 34, female and not what I would consider any sort of hard core gamer... I own a SNES and a PS2 and now the wii. I bought the PS2 specifically to play Kingdom Hearts, so that tells you what sort of games I'm into.

I love the wii!! Solo games like Zelda (and I was never a huge Zelda fan) rock although I dilly dally a lot while playing them and the wii sports will suck people in who claim they don't like video games. Even us older kids.

The wii isn't that expensive, really... and personally I haven't had a single second of buyers remorse over the purchase even though I don't have time to play it every day.

Member #
    Friends
    the motion sensing in the wii isnt so real, the moves are already pre-determined, meaning, in Zelda if you swing the sword in any way he'll do something different
    Last edited by iWii; 01-19-2007 at 10:03 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by iWii
    the motion sensing in the wii isnt so real, the moves are already pre-determined, meaning, in Zelda if you swing the sword in any way he'll do something different
    Totally depends on the game, hold the remote properly on red steal and move it slowly, the movements are 1:1

Lord of Jazz & Obscurity TheMix's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5762-1277-3527-9496
    That's not a completely accurate description.

A good example of the motion sensing could be Wii Boxing too, seeing as the glove really does move essentially where your hand does along the vertical plane.

Fact is, there hasn't been a whole lot of development time for this system yet, and I would very much expect that the motion sensing will get more complex and realistic as time moves forward.

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneyGifford
    Do you have people over to play video games or are you more of a solitary gamer?

I love the wii, but it's a party system (as with pretty much any nintendo system). If you don't play video games in big groups the wii is going to lose some appeal.

Again, I love the wii and I'm glad its the only new console I own (I want to get a 360 too). But there have been threads with basement-dwellers saying they got bored with the wii too fast because they played 200 hours since they got it by themselves. The Wii is an amazing system that brings new gameplay and even new types of games, but it's designed for more than one person to play.

I'd say test out a wii or 360 over a friend's house and see which you like better. whatever you do, dont buy a ps3
    I play alone and with friends.. fine with me.

They've had no time to tweak with it yet. And Zelda wasnt made for Wii, therefore its controls arent based around it. Learn ur facts.
    Last edited by PtonJalken; 01-19-2007 at 02:10 PM.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii is easily going to be the best party system ever, no doubt.

But, even for normal singleplayer play (or multiplayer online), I'm confident to say it's going to be great as well. LoZ:Twilight Princess is either the best launch game of all-time, or 2nd best, behind Mario 64 (tough call), but it is the best singleplayer game to come out in years - better than any singleplayer game of the last generation, I'd say.

Also, above, some people have commented on how realistic the controls feel.. all I have to say is that Wii Sports, for being a free game, as well as a game in the first wave of games to come out for Wii, the controls for it just show how much can be done with Wii... it's amazing... and you'll be in awe the first time you play Wii too.

Member #
    Friends
    360 also offers older games like street fighter, dig dug, galaga, and new games
    a lot of games coming out are just improving on the previous one but its not a bad thing
    360 is also for all your solo and friend gaming (not wife though xD)
    360 is 300, all though you need harddrive for arcade games which is the 400 version which comes with lots o extras
    just another option...since the wii is party-orientated

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links