Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Revolution or Gimmick

Hello everyone.

For christmas I received a total of $300.00 in ebgames gift certificates, and I was thinking about what to purchase.

I currently own a pretty decent PC and an Xbox (not 360)

I am 35 and like different types of games, rpg's, fps, strategy, action etc..

Lately however it seem that most games that are coming out seem to lack alot of originality and is just the same old playstyle with a new paintjob.

So what I am asking is how original is the playstyle for the Wii. Is it something that really gives gameplay a "fresh" feel. Or does it feel like more of a fad, cool and fun at the begining, but you see yourself losing interest in the long haul. Not necessarily about the Wii itself but the controls.

I am thinking of getting a Wii mostly because of the new control system, but I like the following as well.

Virtual Console - I love the old school games (hey i am 35 )

Online gaming - I really liked x-box live, but i dont expect Nintendo to get at the level since it's free. But I do hope that it's somewhat similar.

And last but not least Nintendo's original games.

So is this the right buy for me? Or is the Wii idea just a hopeful one and will pass by the waysside with VR and Eyetoy

2. Ads

WiiChat Member CashMoneyGifford's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7173-8067-1288-5224
    Do you have people over to play video games or are you more of a solitary gamer?

I love the wii, but it's a party system (as with pretty much any nintendo system). If you don't play video games in big groups the wii is going to lose some appeal.

Again, I love the wii and I'm glad its the only new console I own (I want to get a 360 too). But there have been threads with basement-dwellers saying they got bored with the wii too fast because they played 200 hours since they got it by themselves. The Wii is an amazing system that brings new gameplay and even new types of games, but it's designed for more than one person to play.

I'd say test out a wii or 360 over a friend's house and see which you like better. whatever you do, dont buy a ps3
    Console Number: 7173 8067 1288 5224
    Console Nickname: Gifford

PM me if you add me, so I can add you back!

Member #
    Friends
    I would have to say that the wii, yes it can be seen as a party game, it is also a very strong single player console. At the moment there isnt that many big games out, but im sure that is about to change. If you ask me, the Wii is exactly the same as all the other games consoles, but it has an easier to use controller, and more potential with that controler. This is definately not the same as eye toy. For a starters, this thing can work in any conditions. lol.

Id say its a worthy investment.

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    judging from what you like, then wii is for you. its for most people really, Cashmoney, although your not wrong you gave him a bit of a bad view lol. the wii IS designed for multi players, but it is also designed for 1 player gaming. 80% of my wii time is by myself, and i love it. LOVE it get a wii, trust me.

WiiChat Member CashMoneyGifford's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7173-8067-1288-5224
    Well I agree, Twilight Princess is an amazing 1 player game and I do play that by myself quite frequently.

But when I'm having the most fun with the wii is when I have a ton of people over, have some drinks, and have a blast with wii sports and now Wario Ware.

ps... wario ware is MESSED UP when you are drunk.
    Console Number: 7173 8067 1288 5224
    Console Nickname: Gifford

PM me if you add me, so I can add you back!

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for the replies.

Yes I am pretty much a solo gamer, but I do like to play with others when I get the chance. But unfortunately I am married with a new kid and my social life has taken a serious dive.

That is why I hope the online aspect of it is somewhat decent. Just turn on the game and poof there is usually someone there to play.

I realize that nintendo has allot of party games though. Who knows maybe it will look fun enough for my wife to give it a try.

Member #
    Friends
    8642-0537-9880-5278
    Hi, well Im 38 with 3 kids now (all under 8) and we all play the Wii together.
    Even my wife likes to play it , though mainly wii sports.
    The neighbours had their parents staying (in their 70's) and even they had a go on wii sports and really enjoyed themselves. This would never happen on any other console IMHO.
    Wii
    Play; Sports; Zelda; COD3; Rayman; Monster 4x4; 2xWiimote; Nunchuck; Classic Ctrl
    NDS x 2
    Xbox (modded)
    PS2 (modded)
    PS1
    ZX Spectrum 128K ; ZX Spectrum 48K; ZX Spectrum 16K

Member #
    Friends
    0260-1710-1294-2839
    I would say revolution. End of story. Cause its a revolution and it is awesome!!

Member #
    Friends
    7929-6697-1940-8225
    what they all said, plus the wii just came out.. give it some time to really get the goods flowing xbox 360 has ben out for ever so it def has soom good games out as of now.

If you add me PM and give me your Wii#.

S.E.C. Twist & Shout

Member #
    Friends
    2188-6506-5465-4428
    The DS had some poor games when it was released and Mario Kart DS kept them going. Now over a year and there's a wealth of great games. The Wii will be quite the same, give it another year from now.

Writersmuster - -No External Links

Worldwide Writers connected

Ads