Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    \/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    i got my wii on release date. i played the fk out of it at first and i still play it a fair amount. but after i beat zelda im waiting on other titles to play. so i got a ds around christmas time, thanks to my girl for getting me one. and i absolutely love it. i hadnt had a hand held console since the first gameboy. i must say ive played it a lot since i got it, more than the wii lately even. but if i were you id keep the wii and wait and buy a ds when you can. but that is me. i love my wii too much to get rid of it. however, you couldnt pry that ds away from me either.
    \/\/ho's Got

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

Member #
    Friends
    Can someone tell me wether or not i like cheese?

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I was sorta the same.. well.. I never had a 64 or the GC and was never interested in them either, yet I had the GB, GBA then the DS.. the wii is actually the first console I ever owned that I actually wanted, apart from that I had a ps, but that was a surprise x-mas present

Tri
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by 3mpathy
    You love cheese, you think it's delicious!

Anyway... the only handheld gaming system I've ever had was the Sega GameGear. I must say I had a lot of fun playing that thing... but it was never as popular as the Gameboy was. I find myself now days playing Bejeweled on my Cell Phone when I have nothing better to do, or when I'm waiting for someone.... I've tried the DS out in the store and I could see getting addicted to it.

I'm addicted to too many games as it is... I'm not going to get myself back into handhelds if I can help it.

ps - anyone want to buy my GameGear? lol... didn't think so.

Wii Sports | Legend of Zelda | Ultimate Alliance | The Godfather | Super Paper Mario | WiiPlay

Resident Evil 4 | Donkey Konga 1 | Donkey Konga 2

R-Type | Sonic the Hedgehog | Contra III | Mario Kart 64 | Super Mario 64 | StarFox 64

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by 3mpathy
    you do, everybody likes cheese. Besides you should just get a wii and a DS. DS's must b like...70 or something. ive got one but i never play it...just a lack of really good games on it, its ust stuff like animal crossing and nintendogs... at least the wii has stuf like red steel and some sick racing games.
    RedSteel
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    GT Pro Series
    Wii Sports

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom* mk_south_london's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7195-7874-4951-1917
    u may be able 2 change the seasons on your zelda oracle of something but try changing into a wolf???

All games are different...come 2 understand that

Member #
    Friends
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    I have both, but I use my wii around 85% and my ds around 15%

WiiChat Member Deathmetalmaster's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I will tell you why you should not sell your wii and just SAVE SOME MONEY for the DS.

When pokemon diamond and pearl come out for DS, EVERYONE is gonna be playing it. So play it with your DS and then battle people online with battle revolution. If that prospect does not entice you (or if you just arent a pokemon fan) I dont know what will
    Death to false metal!

Hail Nintendo!

wii code: 6051-7035-5717-2964

User Name: Shinden

Member #
    Friends
    0213-2291-6794-7610
    Personal opinion plays a huge role here, but i gotta agree with you. Whenever i first bought my Arctic White GBA i was hooked. My N64 just sat there while i poured hours upon hours into Golden Sun 1 & 2 and Breath of Fire. I mainly was a Handheld gamer until i bought a GCN, then Tales of Symphonia took over my TV screen. Now since i have a Wii and DS, I really havent touched either one since i beat TP. Mostly ive been spending quality game time with my PC. But once i pick up FF3 i think that all might change.

Member #
    Friends
    I've recently purchased a DS -- and a second one -- for my other family members to play. The gamecube has pretty much sat idle as everyone plays on the pair of DS lites. I'd say you should sell your Wii on Ebay and you'll most certainly get more than you paid for it if you have the manuals and original boxes and can pack it up like it came new. From that, buy yourself a DS lite and pick up some of the better titles and wait until the Wii is widely available and you can repurchase it cheaper. The one cool thing is, like you said, you can play anywhere and there are some damn fun games on the DS. (not to mention you can play all of the GBA games on it as well.

One thing I would tell you, though, is that the DS lite is somewhat awkward to hold. I got sore hands/wrists pretty quick so I purchased one of those cases that has the swing-away hand grips that makes it feel more like a console controller. I can play a couple of hours with no issues now but keep in mind that it makes it kind of bulky with the added handles. There is also a set of grips that mount underneath that also include a battery which look like they would serve the same comfort purpose but also purport to add 8 additional hours of battery life...

Also, the whole wi-fi things adds something cool (which i'm sure the wii will get going at some point). There are quite a few games that will go head to head local or wi-fi which really adds some depth...

Ads