Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by southpark2033
    My first game system was the big ol' grey brick Gameboy with Zelda: Link's Awakening included...

Then I got Gameboy Pocket - and gathered up Tetris, Joust/Defender, Mario and the 8 coins (something like that), Star Trek: TNG, Jurrassic Park, Pokemon Red, and Donkey Kong

Then came Gameboy Color and along with it a new Mario Game, and Pokemon Silver, among other things like Zeda: Oracle of Seasons.

BUt my life CHANGED when I got Gameboy Advance: It was a BEAUTIFUL DAY! Rayman was amazing. Then I got THPS. Then GOLDEN SUN canged my life. Metroid Fusion kept me up for days.

Gameboy has always been by my side since it's spinach green screen came before my eyes.

I've owned Playstation, Playstation 2, SNES, N64, Gamecube, 360, and either returned or sold them all, either to gamestop (remember funcoland?) or on eBay (more recently).

So yes I beat Twilight princess, and just today I bought Red Steel. I will tell you right now Oracle of Seasons and Link's Awakening are truly the best Zelda's in my eyes, and TP didn't come CLOSE to the amazing depth of Oracle of seasons: I MEAN YOU COULD CHANGE THE FRIGGIN SEASONS!

I remember going to the playground and sitting on the jungle gym and playing gameboy or in the car on road trips, or ont he airplane on trips to Europe. I remember showing Gameboy Color to kids in Poland. The truth is that console gaming does not satisfy me, nor will it ever. Theres just something magical bout being hunched over a tiny screen, reading text as it beeps and boops, and moving in only 4 directions.

I have and always will be a handheld gamer. I look at the display DS in Walmart and want one SO BAD. I think, that after some careful consideration, I might just sell my Wii, pocket some money, and go out and do the right thing: Buy a DS.

Has anyone here had a similar experience with the Gameboy?
    TP owned Oracle of Seasons. And whats changing seasons got to do with a depth of a game lol.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    5361-7973-5682-6452
    i bought a DS from the walmart bundle last week and a wii this week!! Loving them both equally!

Member #
    Friends
    I feel the same way (but I don't think games have changed my life lol....) I really dislike my Wii now but I'm kinda stuck with it now. Really this is my first console. I had started out with a used Gameboy, then I bough a brand new Gameboy colour then I finally got the SP, and I would have to say none of the consoles match up to the portables to me.

cept the snes

Member #
    Friends
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    You could always have both like i do lol, i have 3 ds's and a wii. I cant help it i love nintendo products.
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Ads